Chapter 30

My Piece Of One Sweet Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30

Weekend finally came. Eun Mi spent most of her Saturday morning cuddled with her pillow in her bed. Her mom was shouting for her to come down for it was almost noon but she didn’t care. She’d been longing for a nice long rest for the past week had been tiring yet fun for her.

“Arasseo” She half-heartedly answered her mom. She stretched her legs and arms before finally getting up.

It was tiring because she was on cleaning duties with Luhan for a whole week. She wasn’t very into the idea that she had to spend her hours after class with dust and trash, but it did gave her an excuse to hold off her dance lessons with Kai, no thanks to Lay. She had to tell him every day that week that she wouldn’t be able to meet him after class because of her cleaning duties, it was tiring because she had to sound regretful enough to hide how relieved she was to avoid the dance lessons. Aside from that, everything else went fun for her that week. As much as she hated to admit it, she had fun spending time with Luhan, especially since he promised her free bubble tea for a week. It was also that time when she was thankful, sincerely thankful, when Luhan offered to give her fake dance lessons instead. Luhan reasoned that their best dancer, referring to Kai, should take some time to rest before the training season starts rather than spending time teaching a person with two left feet. After much convincing and further insults about Eun Mi’s two left feet, Kai finally gave in. It was weird but his teases didn’t bother her anymore, she didn’t mind him calling her uncoordinated, she’s convinced that she just had to prove him wrong. Their usual banters have been strangely pleasant for her for she believed that arguing with him was a great way to exercise her brain. She realized that it was in his nature to be playful and childish. What better way to make a kid shut up than just play along.

Eun Mi went downstairs after taking a shower, and found her brother sitting on the kitchen counter holding a glass of milk on his left hand and a chocolate chip cookie on his right. He was dressed nicely compared to his usual outfits.

“What’s the occasion?” she asked sitting beside him.

“Yah! Don’t spill on me” he replied when she took his milk away almost too roughly that it spilled on his hands.

“Ei, you can always wash your hands. If you’ve had worn something less fancier then you wouldn’t have to worry about getting spilled on” She defensed as she studied Chanyeol’s outfit again.

“Are you going somewhere?” Eun Mi asked Chanyeol who was now rinsing his hand in the sink.

He turned to her and smiled “Wae? You want to come with?” asking her as he dried his hands

“If you’re going to the mall, I’d be more than happy to come”

 He smiled again and ruffled her hair “See you later kid” he stood up and grabbed his things and headed towards the door while shouting a goodbye to their mother. Mrs. Park then came into the kitchen and saw Eun Mi sitting at the counter

“You didn’t plan on going down here ‘til evening if it weren’t for me calling you, right?” she asked Eun Mi while she threw her a cloth signaling her to wipe off the spilled milk. Eun Mi smiled as she wiped the kitchen counter.

“Omma, Saranghae” She threw hearts and kisses at her mom

Mrs. Park pretended to throw up, which Eun Mi enjoyed watching. “Aigoo, why do you and your brother do embarrassing things?” She shook her head

Eun Mi laughed and remembered Chanyeol “Omma, where is oppa going? Judging from his clothing he must be going somewhere important” she asked her mom who was currently cooking their lunch.

Mrs. Park laughed “For your information, Chanyeol has a date today. Can you stir this stew for me, darling?” she said as she stirred the stew she was boiling.

“What?!” Eun Mi’s eyes widened and she almost choke on her own saliva “Oppa? On a date?” she ran to her mother’s side with her jaws dropped.  

Mrs. Park nodded and handed her the stirrer.

“Wow. I never knew that I’d live seeing a girl fall for oppa’s goofiness” she said still in a shocked state “it’d be nice to sabotage his date” Eun Mi started to laugh evilly while she stirred the stew, imitating a witch.

“Give Chanyeol a break, will you?” Her mother turned to her

“Mwoya, I was just having fun”  Eun Mi replied

Mrs. Park was setting the table when she spoke again “Ah, I almost forgot. Yixing left a box on the living room” she always did insisted on calling Lay with his real name “he’s go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter