21

My Piece Of One Sweet Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was waiting outside the school, everyone who passed by admired the tall man leaning on the school gate who appeared to be waiting for someone. From time to time he would check his watch smile at the students who looked at him. Girls would giggle in return of his charm. He stood straight when a familiar brown haired person walking with a group of boys appeared in his line of sight.

 

“Luhan!” he coolly waved his hand at the boy who looked confused as to why he was standing outside his school.  Luhan left the group of boys and went to where his friend was standing.

 

“Wu Yifan. What are you doing here?” he immediately inquired the moment he was in front of him.

“I came to see how my friend’s doing at school” he said patting Luhan on the shoulders. Luhan just stared at him suspiciously.

“Do you think staring at me will get you answers?”  Luhan darted his eyes to the taller man “Alright, alright. I came because Eun Mi and I have a date today” Kris said. Luhan was about to spat at him but Lay suddenly appeared behind Luhan.

“Uhh..Excuse me. Luhan, we still have practice. The others already went ahead to the practice room.

“Arasseo, let me just send of my friend” Luhan said pushing Kris however the taller man stood his ground.

“I won’t be going anywhere Xiao Lu. Eun Mi and I have an appointment” Kris said fighting off Luhan’s pushing

“Eun Mi? Park Eun Mi? Lay asked when he heard Kris say his friend’s name

“Yes! Do you know her? Mind telling me where she is?” Kris replied

“I don’t think I’ve met you before. What do you need with my friend?” Lay eyed Kris suspiciously.

 

Right then Eun Mi and Jin Ae were walking towards the school gate getting Kris’ attention.

 

“Oh! Eun Mi!” Kris ran towards where Eun Mi was. Lay and Luhan followed. “Annyeong! Where are you going?”

“Home” Eun Mi replied nonchalantly and Jin Ae stared at the handsome structure in confusion.

“Chingu-ah, did you forget about last night already? We have a bubble tea session today.”

“Last night? Bubble tea?” Lay and Jin Ae asked Eun Mi. Luhan massaged his temple. Eun Mi huffed and blew her bangs.

“Kaja!” she said annoyed, taking Kris’ long arms and pulling him outside the school “Mianhe Jin Ae. But you’re gonna have to walk home alone today”

“What just happened? And who was that?” Jin Ae asked Lay. Lay pointed at Luhan.

“Well, he’s my friend from China. He came to visit me. I’m just not so sure about the whole story of how they met” There was a long pause before anyone said anything

“Well, they look close” Lay said breaking the silence

“Are they together? No, that’s impossible. Eun Mi tells me everything. Especially these kind of things” Jin Ae reassured herself.

“Or does she?” Lay said

 

***

 

“So, the guy with Luhan is your best friend. He's Chinese and he's named Yixing but most people call him Lay”  Kris repeated for the second time. Eun Mi and Kris were now sitting inside the bubble tea shop.

“And the girl with you was Jin Ae, she’s also your best friend” Eun Mi nodded, taking a sip of her bubble tea.

“That doesn’t make sense. Isn’t a best friend like ‘the best’  meaning that person’s the only one. How can you have two?” he said as if it was against the laws of nature

“It’s because they’re both special! Would you be able to choose between fried and roast chicken when chicken’s your favorite food!”

“uhh..Yes. Not that I’m not enjoying our talk about chickens it’s just that I want to know something else that’s why I’m changing the topic. So, How’d you know Luhan?” He said not giving a chance for Eun Mi to speak

“Look, I hardly know your friend. There’s nothing to talk about, you’re just wasting time and money buying me bubble tea for information you won’t get” Eun Mi said

“Then why’d you take a video of him during his audition. Are you really his stalker?”

“His mom asked me to do it. Remember?” Eun MI said annoyed, remembering the whole stalker thing.

“How’d you meet auntie then?”

“I brought him homework to his house when he skipped school once”

“Why?”

“Because the teacher told me to”

“And auntie asked you to take a video of him just because you brought his homework”

“Yeah. It’s weird because she started showing me pictures of Luhan when he was a child”

 

‘It is weird. Auntie doesn’t usually ask favors from strangers. She must’ve been really worried to have asked someone she just met’ Kris thought, looking intently at Eun Mi.

 

“What?” she asked

“Nothing, I was just thinking about untie. She must’ve been desperate to have asked you to do something like that. She’d normally ask me to do stuff like those. No one else but me”

“I must have been crazy to accept that favor” Eun Mi mumbled

“What?” it was Kris’ time to ask

“Nothing, she told me she was worried that he’d be unable to adjust and won’t get any friends which is actually stupid because the moment he stepped at school it was like he knew everyone”

“That’s just him being friendly, it’s natural to him. Back in China we always hung out at his house, auntie must be worrying because it’s too quiet at home nowadays”

Eun Mi just stared at him and there was a long pause after that.

“Do you mind adopting Luhan to your circle of friends? Make him your best friend, like Lay and Jin Ae”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter