16

My Piece Of One Sweet Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

 

Eun Mi decided to go for a walk that evening. She thought that having a breath of the evening chilly air would do her mind good. She was pondering on what Lay told her when he dropped by that afternoon.

 

‘Try talking to him, maybe you’ll discover something else you’ve never seen before.’

 

Whenever Lay gives out his friendly advices, Eun Mi makes sure to consider thinking about his words. Eun Mi was not fond of the idea of getting close to Luhan, but she was actually considering it, thanks to Lay’s wisdom. He may not be the wisest person there is, but she always trusted his words. He was her most trusted friend, and she knows full well that he would not dare do things that would intentionally hurt her.

 

“Talking wouldn’t hurt” Eun Mi convinced herself. She stopped at an empty playground and sat on the swing.

 

She sat on the swing at the empty playground for a couple of minutes, thinking. She was talking to herself loudly, since she was alone anyway.

 

“Can I event talk to him without strangling the man? I mean he’s the meanest person ever!”

 

Eun Mi continued arguing with herself as she thought of all the pros and cons of trying to be friends with a person she hated most of her life.

 

“Arrgh!” she shouted in frustration, eyes closed and both hands clutched on her head.

 

“Achoo!” someone sneezed

 

Eun Mi abruptly opened her eyes and saw a person standing a meter away from her, he obviously looked like a guy. He had his back on her and was wearing jeans and a gray hoodie that covered his head, on his right hand he carried a duffle bag. Eun Mi quickly fixed her hair and sat straight.

 

“Excuse me?” she said politely, trying to hide her embarrassment

 

The person slowly turned to face her, but his face was hidden by his gray hoodie.

 

“I’m sorry, I intended to leave since you seem to be battling with..uhhh.. yourself. I didn’t mean to overhear everything”  he said in straight and perfect English. Eun Mi thought he was some kind of tourist, considering that he was carrying a big luggage. ‘Great, this tourist must think Koreans are crazy people who talk to themselves on playgrounds. This is embarrassing’ she thought.

 

She stood up “Uhhh…it’s Okay. I go” she said and walked away. Eun Mi had a fair share of knowledge in the English Language. It wasn’t perfect but she could converse really well. To hide her embarrassment, she just pretended she didn’t know how to speak English

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter