23

My Piece Of One Sweet Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Mi arrived at school agitated the following morning. She still didn’t get how in the world the pig ended up finding its way back to her when she clearly remembers sending it all the way to Canada to her cousin Jina. The moment she found the pig she called Jina to ask if she received the package she sent her, and to her dismay, Jina didn’t. She had P.E. for her first period so Eun Mi went to the changing room. Some of her classmates were already there, including Jin Ae who was tying her hair when Eun Mi arrived. Eun Mi walked inside, staring blankly in the air. She dropped her things and slumped down on a chair while she took out her clothes. Jin Ae then noticed that Eun Mi had already arrived so she went to her.

 

“Yah! Did you bring the magazine I asked?” Jin Ae said, sitting next to her friend.

“Oh? Yes” she said nonchalantly while reaching out to her bag to get the magazine. Jin Ae notices Eun Mi’s strange behavior.

“Eun Mi-ah, gwaenchanha?” she placed her hand on Eun Mi’s forehead to see if she was in any case having a fever.

”yes” Eun Mi replied with a slight chuckle.

 

Ms. Kang, their homeroom teacher, stepped inside the room “Hurry up, be on the field in ten minutes”.

Eun Mi quickly changed into her PE uniform and went to the field together with Jin Ae.

 

“Line Up. We’ll be warming up first before running” Ms. Kang announced to the class. The students stood in a line and started to warm up. Eun Mi the noticed that Lay, who was always on the front row when it comes to P.E. was nowhere to be found. She scanned the heads that were lined up and found that not only Lay was missing, Luhan was not there as well.

 

‘are those two slacking?’ She thought

 

“Yah. Lay and Luhan, eodie?” She asked Jin Ae. Jin Ae looked around to look for the two boys.

“Molla” she replied shaking her head.

“Who wants to lead the warm up?” Ms. Kang asked her students

“Let Lay do it, just like before” a student said

“Lay isn’t here today, as well as some of your classmates so someone else has to lead” she replied informing the rest of the class.

“Where are they?” Jin Ae asked who seemed eager to know of their whereabouts

“Members of the school’s dance team are excused to attend classes today to prepare for the dance competition” Ms. Kang explained making the class say “ahhh” in chorus. “Mr. Choi, please lead us in warming up today” Ms Kang said to a student.

“A Matda! The competition’s on Friday” Jin Ae said to Eun Mi as they followed the stretching’s their classmates did. Eun Mi just nodded. Jin Ae furrowed her eyebrows, concerned of her friend’s lack of enthusiasm.

“Eun Mi, are you really okay? What’s up” She asked

Eun MI sighed and looked at her friend who seemed to be confused about the arm position of the stretching the leader did.

“Jin Ae, Pig”

“Wae? You want to eat pork for lunch?” she asked seriously

“Ani. The pig Luhan gave…” Eun Mi started “It’s back”

“no way! Eottokhe?” she said, her eyes rounded in surprise.

“I don’t know. I just found it under my bed last night”

“That’s hilarious” Jin Ae laughed. “You’re gonna have to keep the little guy, remember? Kyeyak!” Jin Ae Teased

“Ara! Don’t you think it’s scary though, how it always finds its way back to me?”

“Ani. I think it’s romantic. I always knew you’d end up with Luhan” Jin Ae said, throwing imaginary hearts to her friend

“Lee Jin Ae. Now’s not the time for you fantasies!” Eun Mi slapped Jin Ae’s hand. The class finished their warm up and started to jog.  Jin Ae and Eun Mi were at the back, taking their time to jog while Jin Ae continued to tease Eun Mi.

“Yah! I’m serious. Stop it!” Eun Mi warned

“Eun Mi, there’s no doubt that you and Luhan are made for each other!” Jin Ae laughed loud

“Yah! Why are two so slow?! Pick up your speed!” Ms. Kang who suddenly appeared behind them said. Eun Mi and Jin Ae where now silent because Ms. Kang jogged in between them. Jin Ae smiled slyly at Eun Mi then turned to Ms. Kang.

“Saem. Can I ask a question?” Jin Ae started

“Make it fast” Ms. Kang replied

“What does it mean when something you want to get rid of keeps getting back to you?” she said and Eun Mi just frowned at her friend who was indirectly teasing her. Ms. Kang paused for a moment then answered Jin Ae’s question.

“Well…when that happens, it must be destiny’s bringing these two together. It must mean that they were made for each other” Ms. Kang answered and Jin Ae smiled at her friend upon hearing the answer “it’s either that or the thing is possessed” Ms. Kang made an evil laugh while the two screamed.

“Hurry up and finish this lap before I call the spirits to possess both of you!” Ms. Kang ordered at the two frightened girls

 

***

 

Jin Ae was sip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter