One step closer

New Romeo Juliet story

Chorong's POV

I sighed for the numerous times already today. I kept working the whole day just to forget everything. To be exact, to forget about my arranged marriage with someone I don't like.

The son of the famous Kim coporation, Kim Suho like me and he told my parents that he wanted to marry me. I was 24 this year and I've never been in a relation so my parents accept their offer as it is benefit not only for my life but also for our company.

But I really didn't like him. He is a handsome and caring gentleman who is the dream prince for every girl. He is convenient for me and I'm very lucky that he likes but I still don't want to marry him. I don't like the marriage which doesn't have mutual feeling.

I live in my own appartment so my parents kept bothering me to accept the engagement because I turned it down again and again everytime they said about it.

I worked the whole day and felt something is missing today. Suddenly certain annoying and loud girl with sparkling eyes entered my brain. She kept buying roses from our shop for days but I still refused to talk to her.

She looked like friendly but I was badly afraid to strangers. She stole glances at me everytime she come to our shop although I pretended that there's no one around me. I remembered that she told herself her name is Yoon Bomi. She must be the daughter of some rich family as she always dresses like a boss.

Wow, why I kept thinking about her. She is really loud and funny. She easily made friends with Namjoo and Hayoung. These three chatted loudly and laugh everyday she came to our shop. Today she didn't come and I want to hear the laugh of the three in the morning. That's so weird. I never feel this way.

I never thought the laugh of Namjoo and Hayoung makes me happy. Beside I've already heard the laugh of the two kids for several times today. Then that should be her laugh that I miss?

Yah, Park Chorong. Wake up your dream. What are you thinking? Thinking about a stranger? That's really not my style.

"Unnie!!!"
"Yes?"

My own world was crushed when the playful duo called my name.

" Unnie, we are going out to buy some ice-cream. Want some?"

" No, thanks. Just come back quickly. You know, I'm not so good at talking to strangers. What if I messed up with the customers?"

" Aigoo, unnie. Think positive. We are going out only for 10minutes so that'll be alright. Beside, god always send angel for saving people when they are in trouble so you are safe. Don't worry."

"ok "

I answered uncertainly. I felt unsecure whenever they left me here alone. I always end up being regarded as a rude one or violent one whenever I talk to someone I don't know.


However, the kids left me and went out for ice-cream. I went around the shop and decorated some flowers. I was too clumsy that I slipped and fell on the ground.


" Ah!!! "

I closed the eyes as I expected to be hit violently on the ground but instead, I fell on top of something soft and small.

" Are you ok? "

The same familiar person was under my arms. Her eyes were full with worried and caring which makes my cheeks turn pink. I can't believe Yoon Bomi was under my arms and our positions are so close. But how?



Bomi's POV


"Hello?"

"Hello, Bomi-unnie!"

"Namjoo-ya, I want to ask you a favour."

" Sure, tell me. I'll help you."

"Umm~~~I don't know how to start but listen, I'm serious now."

" Unnie, you are scaring me. What do you want from me? "

" Actually, I'm in love with your sister."

The other line went silent and I was afraid for some reason. I think Namjoo was angry with me.

" Namjoo-ya, unnie is sorry but I can't help. I love your sister since the first time I saw her. Please din't be angry."

"Unnie, I'm not angry. I was just surprise. My evil unnie has an admire!!! And that's our cool Bomi unnie. That's a big news. Hayoung-na, come here."

The kid yelled to her bestie and told the big news. I was surprised when her reaction was the same as Namjoo's exactly. After about three minutes, they finally calmed down at the surprised news and remembered about me.

" Sorry Bomi-unnie. We are happy for our sister. So tell me. What can I help you?"

" I want to be friend with her first. She is not comfortable with strangers right? So I want to be her friend first."

" Aww, she's so cool!!!"

The two kids squeezed and I have to pulled the phone away from my ears to prevent the damage to the eardrum due to their loud voice.

" So, what should we do now?"

" Can you please leave the shop now? Then I go in amd try to talk to her. "

"But unnie, it'll be hard. She is not an easy person to speak."

" It's ok. I want to try."

" Araso, we'll leave for 30 minutes so she will not be angry to us. But promise me first that you'll never tell her that we are helping you. "

" ok, I promise."

" Alright then. We'll leave the shop for you. Use well ypur chance unnie. Our unnie hasn't in a relation before so please don't hurt her."

" I'll never hurt her. I'll never make her cry. I'll try my best to protect her. I promise. So believe me and help me to get your sister's heart. I love your sister with all my heart and my whole life is just for her."

" Aww, unnie. You are so cheesy. Save these lines for Chorong unnie. Ok, we are leaving now. Bye! Fighting!!! "
 

Not soon after the ph call, I saw the kids leave the shop from my car. I drove the car.in front of the shop but she was so concentrated in her work thus not noticing my arrival.

I entered the shop while she was watering some flowering plants. Suddenly she slipped and fell on the floor. Before she fell, my body reacted by reflection and I pulled her peptide body. Therefore, I felt on the floor instead of her and she was on top of me.

She looked at me with surprising eyes and I was too worried for her thus I asked her.

" Are you ok?"

She blinked at my question. I can see her facial features more clearly and more detail from our position.

Her forhead which is covered with some strands of hair, her cute eyebrows, her round eyes that are looking into mine, her cute little nose which has a little sweat, and her pink thin lips which are a little apart due to this incident.

I want to taste them but I controlled myself and sighed before repeating my question.

" Are you ok, unnie?"

" Umm~yes. Thanks you."

She's still on top of me and I can feel her heartbeat which is beating rhythematically with mine. Why her heart is beating so fast? And why her face is red? Is she embrassed?

" Get up, please?"

She stood up and handed her hand to me. I pulled her hand which is so soft and stood up.

" Do you hurt Miss?"

" No, I'm fine, ah! "

I acted I'm fine but my back is hurt due to the weight of two people. Her face was so full of concerned and she tried to pulled me towards her with her little strength.

" Let me see!"

" No, it's ok! "

" No, it isn't ok."

" But unnie-"

" Come here!! "

She pulled me towards the back of the shop and there's a room which looked like a storage room.

" Get in"

She told me.

" Your wish is my command!! "

I playfully answered and I receive a glare from her. Aww, even her glare is so cute.

" Let me see. Turn around. "

I turned around and she pulled up the shirt I'm wearing to see the bruise.

" It's all sore! You mist be really hurt. Let me treat you. "

She run to take the first aid-kit and treated my swollen back. The touch of her finger tips make me shiver. Her hands are cold but this cold turned into electricity when they lie on my skin.

" Done!! "

She yelled childishly and I laughed at her.

" Why are you laughing gorilla girl? "

" What? Gorilla girl? Who? Me? Why? "

" You looked like a gorilla when you play with the stupid duo."

I pout at her words.

" Unnie, U just save you from falling and I'm hurt because of you. But all I receive is that ' gorilla' name??? "

" Then, what do you want?"

You. I yell in my mind but it's not the right time now.

" Be friend with me! "

She raised one of her eyebrow at my wish.

" That's all? "

" Yes, That's all"

" But I don't know you."

" No.You know me. I'm Yoon Bomi,21 years old. And you are Park Chorong. It's enough. We can learn about other things later."

She smiled at my answer and nodded her head.

" ok, you are funny and you don't look like a bed person."

" So, friends? "

" Friends! "

I handed my hand for a handshake and she took it gladly and I know I was a step closer to my angel.