After life?

New Romeo Juliet story

Chorong's POV

* knock    knock    knock *

" Come in."

I answered and my mother came into the room. She is carrying a tray of food and she put.it on the table beside my bed before she sat on the bed.

" Are you sleeping dear?? "

" No. I'm up."

I answered shortly and sat up on the bed. She held my hand and I could feel she has something to say.

" Honey, prepare yourself. We have to go shopping today."

" For what? "

" For your wedding. We already arranged your wedding in five days. Suho's father has already booked for the wedding hall since summer. It'll be by the pool. It'll be so romantic and perfect wedding. We will-"

" Stop, mom. I've said I can't marry Kim Suho. No. I cannot marry anyone . I'm already married. Don't you see the ring. This is the prove of the promise we made. "

" But honey, we will never accept that brat as your husband. "

" I'll go talk to dad."

I said and walked out from my room. I straightly went to his room and knocked on the door.

" Come in."

I opened the door and he raised his eyebrows when he saw me.

" What's up honey? "

" I can't marry Kim Suho."

" You've no choice."

" Dad, come on. Don't force me please. Will you please to watch me suffer and in pain? "

" He will never hurt you. He is the best partner for you, Chorong-na. "

" Dad, I'm begging you. I'll not meet Bomi if you don't like but please cancel the wedding. I can't marry him. I don't love him. I- "

" No. It's already arranged. And we send the invitations to people so you have to marry him if you like it or not. Ah, I sent one to the Yoon's too. So they will find out that you are over with her sooner or later."

" Dad!!! It's too much!! You are deciding my life. "

" Enough Chorong. You can blame on me but you can't cancel this wedding. Go shopping for some dress with your mother. I'm going. I've to attend an important meeting."

He said coldly and Ieft me in the room. My mother came into the room and tried to cooled me down but I refused her hug and ran towards my room. I locked it and sat on the floor leaning on the door.

I cried and cried as I can't do nothing. What if Bomi knows about the marriage?? I will never marry to that evil man.

I rubbed my face with my palm and wiping all the tears. I stood up and grabbed a paper and ballpen to write a letter to Bomi.

" Bomi-ya~~~
        I think this is the final words from me to you. My parents are forcing me to marry Kim Suho in five days and I obviously will not marry him. But I've no power or strength to refuse this so I've decided something.
        Bom-ah~ I cannot live without you in my life. It will be better to die rather than to marry someone I don't love. It is better for me to die rather than to break up with you.
        I believe that our love is strong enough to meet again after life. Please stay healthy and live well. I'll wait for you from heaven. If they don't let us to be together, we can meet in another life, right? So I've decided to go first.
        But I don't want to see you so early. I'll wait for you for fifty years? sixty years? or a thousand years? I'll wait how long it takes so follow my words and stay storng, will you.
        The love we shared is more stronger than the wild storm. The love we shared is more great than the Great Wall. The love we shared is more beautiful than a colourful drawing. I thank you for teaching me how to love someone and how to be loved by someone special like you. You are the most wonderful present I have ever received from god.
        I'm happy that you gave me the most wonderful times in my life. I'm happy that I could understand what true love is. I'm happy for all things you have done for me. Bomi-ya~~ I love you and will love you even after life. You will be my love forever.
       I will not be by your side anymore but my love for you will be.always by your side. Plus I'll watch you from above. Bomi-ya, I love you. I love you more than myself. Goodbye my love."


I ended the letter and folded neatly before I wrote her name on the paper. I didn't have any envelope so I just put it on the table. I stood up again and took the medicine-bottle in the drawer.

I closed my eyes and inhaled heavily. Yes, I can't marry him. If I can't be together with Bomi, there's no reason for me to live. I opened the bottle and poured all the drugs in my palm. They are strong sedative drugs so they could take my life if I took them in a large dose. I knew perfectly.

Strangly, I was calm and my mind is blank. I don't feel sad or sorry for myself. It is the best way to escape from here. It is the best way to escape from the cruel world. I suddenly miss Bomi. What if she found out about me?? Please understand me, Bomi-ya. I'll not betray you so I choose this path.

I stared at the medicine in my palm for a while before I took them all in one shift move. I closed my eyes and waited for the moment. I'm not afraid to die. It is better than to separate from my love and stay with the one I hate for the rest of my life.

After a few minutes, my head became dizzy and I wanted to sleep suddenly. I could see Bomi's smiling face in my head. I dropped the bottle in my hand on the floor and thenmy head went blank suddenly.

Namjoo's POV

" I don't know what to do, Hayoung-na. The wedding is in about five days. They both don't know yet. I don't have the heart to tell them about it."

" Unnie, calm down. We need to tell Bomi unnie. She will decide what to do. "

" But Hayoung-na, how they can cancel the wedding?? It's all set up."

I told and she squeeze my hand. We are in the flower shop now. Aunty told me to rest today as I've looked after unnie for months day and night. So I came to the flower shop to meet Hayoung.

" Unnie, do Chorong unnie's parents know that your are helping them?? "

" No. If they do, they will never let me to come near to unnie so I've to pretend that I'm on their side. "

" Imm. You are so smart unnie."

I smiled at her complement and rested my head on her shoulder. I remember that it's time to feed Chorong unnie's lunch. She will not.eat if I'm not there.

" Hayoung-na. I've to go back. Unnie will be finding me. No one can communicate with her except me. "

" I understand. Go unnie. Take good care of Chorong unnie. "

She pecked my cheek and let me go. I thanked to her as she is so understanding. I've been a good sister but not a good girlfriend these days. But she never blame on me instead she encourage me whenever I'm sick of all these things.

I said goodbye to her and took the bus to uncle's house. I was living with them for three months already. My parents didn't mind me living with them and unnie really needs me so I ended up living with them.

I rang the bell and after the maid open the door me, I ordered her to bring me lunch for unnie. Then I took the tray and went to our room. I opened the door but it was locked. I sighed and put.out the key in my pocket and opened it.

" Unnie. Wake up. Let's have lunch."

I cheerfully said but there's no respond. Something is wrong. I looked on the bed and saw Chorong unnie lying there weirdly.

I noticed the bottle on the floor and some drugs scattered on her bed. The tray in my hand is dropped on the floor and I shouted her name loudly.

" Chorong unnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "