The Prince

Bad Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their training ended, the boys of EXO-M returned to the West kingdom. The journey only took less than an hour since both kingdoms were only separated by a river. Once they arrived, the palace gate was opened for them.

“Your Highness…” Youngjin, one of the advisors greeted him with a bow. “His Majesty wants to see you now.” He said. Kris nodded before going into the throne room.

He gave a formal bow to the king. “You wished to see me, father?”

“You’re here.” He cleared his throat. “I would like to speak to my son alone.” The servants obeyed. They gave a bow before leaving them alone.

The king got up from his throne and approached him. “Since you’re not a child anymore, I will go straight to the point.” He started.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” He asked, startling him. The king gave him a look, waiting for his answer.

 

“I’m already engaged to the princess.” I replied cautiously.

“I’m aware of that. The king and I did it to unite our kingdoms. But, it’s been ten years since the princess went missing. Nobody knows for sure when she will return. You’re twenty one years old now. It’s common to fall in love at your age.” He stated. 

Dahye popped into his mind. The maid he tried to kiss this afternoon. What about her? Did I really fell in love with her?

“I don’t.” I replied fast, hiding my own confusion.

 “I’m fine if you have someone else, as long she is a princess. You are a future king. You have a duty to our people. Remember that.”

What if I fell in love with a commoner? A maid?

I gulped.

 

I walked back to my room with a heavy burden.

My father was ready to break the engagement anytime now. I have no objections since our engagement was for diplomatic reasons. I’m sure the princess won’t mind either. I stopped. Wait, was I thinking? A promise is a promise! Breaking the engagement would be cruel, but…

Dahye appeared again. She’s just a maid, although she has same name as the princess. Oh no! I can’t fall in love with a commoner! Can’t I?

 

“Oh man!” He sighed. Instead of going to his room, he changed his destination to the library. He needs to ask someone, and he knows just right person.

He entered the royal library. It was only reserved for royalties, but Kris talked to his father about making an exception to his fellow members.

“Where is he?” He saw someone sitting in a corner, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter