Hourglass

Bad Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahye returned to the cafeteria ten minutes before lunch break is over. She was assigned to kitchen duty this week. Most of the servants had left to resume their work.

Dahye looked around. Ah Young and the EXO members were not there. Okay. Back to work. She started clearing off the dirty dishes, disposing the leftovers and wiping the tables.

She arrived at the table where they were sitting before. She pushed the second table to its original position.

“What’s this?” She picked it up from the floor. It was a badge, or maybe a brooch shaped like an hourglass. “Maybe someone dropped it. I’ll keep it first.” She put in her pocket.

 

Tao came to the cafeteria, running out of his breath. He rushed to the table where they sat earlier during lunch, searching for something.

“It’s not here either. Where could it be?” He sat down on the bench with disappointment. He saw a handkerchief on the floor. It’s not here before. The moment he picked it up, his eyes changed colour, from black to red. It was normal for him. He has the ability to catch a glimpse of someone’s memory by touching them or their belongings. Huh?

Instead, there was nothing. All he saw was pitch black. Despite that, he could feel deep pain and anger. What?

“Are you okay?” Tao’s eyes returned to normal. He blinked a few times. Dahye was right in front of him, looking concerned. She noticed him holding the handkerchief.

“That’s mine.” She took the handkerchief from him. “It must’ve fallen out of my pocket just now. Thanks.” He was puzzled. That’s weird. If the handkerchief belonged to her, why can’t I see her memories?

She took out the thing she found earlier. “I found this earlier. Is it yours?”

Tao recognized the brooch. It was his, granted by the kings to symbolise his ability. “My brooch! I thought I’ve lost it. Thanks.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter