Baby Don't Cry

Bad Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahye startled. Something hit her. What was that? Then it hit again. This time Dahye saw it. She picked it up from the ground. A pebble?

“Hi, noona. Did I scare you?” Chen came up from behind. “Chen-ssi, what are you doing here? Where are the others?”

“I came alone. Actually, I was going back to my old house. Will you join me? I want somebody to come with me for a change.”

“Your house? I don’t know… Am I allowed to go out?” She hesitated.

“It won’t take long. I promise.” He put up his right hand. This could be my chance to explore the woods before the next full moon. “Okay.”  

 

Twenty minutes later, Chen and Dahye arrive at an old cottage. Chen unlocks the front door. “Come on in.” Dahye followed him. Chen entered one of the rooms while Dahye scanned the interior. “You lived here?”

“Yeah. My father was from the East. He met my mother and they built this house. I grew up here until my father died. This was my old room.” He was busy searching for something in the pile of boxes. “There must be a lot of memories of you and your family in here.”

You were lucky. If only I could remember mine...

“Found it!” He showed her a photo his family. “I’m visiting my mother next week. I want to hang this photo in the living room. The four of us.” Dahye was moved by their smile. They looked so happy together. “This is nice. I’m sure she will love it.”

 

Chen sat down in front of the piano. Dahye took her place next to him. “I wonder if it still works…” He started playing a little bit. “It is! So, what song shall we play?” Dahye paused. “I don’t know any song…” She trailed off. Chen raised an eyebrow.

“Um, there is one…. It wasn’t a song actually…” Dahye paused again. “…It’s more like a tune.” She shrugged. “That’s okay. Nuna can start first, and then I’ll play along.”

Dahye took a deep breath. She hums softly, but loud enough for Chen to hear. The tune was similar, but it sounded more beautiful when acco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter