Her Life

Bad Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 months later...

 

"Meow..." Yun Hye nuzzled herself on my neck. She kept doing it. When I couldn't stand the tickle, I got up from my deep slumber. "Good morning, Yun Hye." I stretched my arms. The sun ray penetrates through the curtains and brightened up my room.

After I finished showering, I put on a white flower dress and tied my hair in a ponytail. "Meow..." Yun Hye waited in the kitchen as usual.

I poured milk into her bowl and served it on the table. I grabbed the bouquet I prepared yesterday. "Enjoy your breakfast. I'll be back by lunch."

 

I placed the bouquet in front of my parents' tomb. I got your favorite sunflower. Hope you like it. I said. Yesterday was their death anniversary.

After leaving the palace, I found an abandoned cottage not far from the tomb. I live there with Yun Hye and visit my parents every week.

There was a few bouquets next to mine. It must be General Byun or other officials who came to pay their respects. I purposely came today to avoid bumping into them.

Goodbye. I'll come again next week. Rest well. I gave another bow before leaving.

 

Dahye stopped by in the city. She walked into the grocery store and met Ara, the owner's daughter. "Unni!" She chirped. "Annyeong, Ara." Dahye waved at Ara and bowed at her father. "Ahjusshi, give me two cartons of milk please."

"You didn't bring Yun Hye today? Aw, I wanted to play with her..." Ara pouted. "Sorry." She kneeled to meet the eight year old girl's eye level. "I'll bring her next time, okay?" Ara nodded. "Good girl!" She ruffled her hair playfully.

"Your letter came." Ara's father, Mr. Yoo gave her an envelope. "I saw oppa who brought it yesterday. He's so tall. Is that your boyfriend, unni?" Ara asked innocently. Dahye chuckled. "No, he's my brother. Thank you ajusshi." Dahye paid her groceries and bid goodbye to the father and daughter.

Dahye took a shortcut from behind the store to her house. It was the fastest route to enter and leave the city undetected. After walking for about fifteen minutes, she finally arrived at her cottage. Yun Hye waited at the door as usual.

Dahye sat on the couch and opened the letter. It was from Kris. He was only person whom she stayed in contact after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter