Chapter 22

A Girl Meets Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Ahmm”, Yuri didn’t know what came into her when she suddenly held Jessica’s arm.

 

All day she’s feeling giddy, and the only thing that is running through her head is how happy she is. She wanted to say things that she knew she couldn’t. Everything seems woozy, it feels like she’s in a fairytale, the only difference is that, she isn’t certain if she can have her happily ever after ending.

 

“I…”, *what do I say?*

“Are you okay Yul?” Jessica went closer and felt Yuri’s forehead.

“You’re warm”, the older girl checked Yuri even closely, *Did we get overboard? How did she get sick?*

 

Yuri stepped backward; she’s getting flustered by the closeness.

But she didn’t let her hold on to Jessica go, she doesn’t want to let go. No. Not now.

 

“Sica-yah, I just want to say that I had a lot of fun, and I have something else to say”, she started.

 

Jessica finds Yuri so cute when she’s nervous, although she’s nervous herself; she really wants to know what the other girl wants to say.

 

*What if she confesses?*

*No. Why would she? It’s not like she likes me too right?*

*But, what if she will?*

*Don’t get your hopes up*

 

Yuri moved closer, there is almost non-existent space between them. Her hold on the older girl tightens as she prepares herself to say the words from her heart.

 

“I really like-“

 

*ring*

 

Before Yuri can finish her sentence, Jessica’s phone rang.

 

“Excuse me”, Jessica excused herself to answer the phone.

 

*you. I like you Jessica Jung* she finished her sentence in her head.

 

She feels like iced water was poured down her head, and she was shivering. She was determined to say that she likes the other girl but that freaking phone call just had to interrupt.

 

She waited for the other girl to finish the call, *there’s no stoping Kwon Yuri, let’s do this* she cheered.

 

“Yes. I miss you too, I love you baby. I’ll see you very soon.”, she heard Jessica speak, she really couldn’t understand the conversation since the older girl is speaking English again, but she definitely knows what I miss you, I love you, and baby means.

“I’m sorry Yul. I had to answer that call. What do you want to say again?”

“Ah… I said, I really would like to bond with you and Tiffany in the future”, Yuri said, she could feel her heart break, her first heartbreak.

“Let’s go now. The others are already waiting”, Yuri smiled and dragged Jessica inside.

 

 

 

 

Before they reach the kitchen, Yuri let Jessica’s hand go.

Both Jessica and Yuri felt the warmth of their hands fade away, they were unable to hide the disappointment.

 

“Yul!”

“Jess!”

 

Their friends were happy to see them after the entire day of being out.

But the excitement was replaced by confusion when they see the two’s disappointed faces.

 

“Is there a problem unnie?” Seohyun asked.

“No, I think we were just tired after all the things we did”, Yuri softly answered.

 

*Something is not right* Tiffany thought as she looked at Jessica’s dejected face.

*I need to talk to her* Taeyeon thought.

 

“What did you two do the entire day?”, Sunny asked teasing.

 

Yuri told them everything, except the one that happened outside the house.

 

 

 

 

“How do you find rural living Jessica?”, Taeyeon asked.

“I like it”, Jessica smiled.

 

It’s true, she find it easier to live in such a place compared to the city. There’s less pollution, less noise from the traffic, and less people.

 

“I’m sure Tiffany and Jessica will like to stay here soon”, Nicole said.

 

The two girls nodded their heads. If only it is easy to do, they will definitely do.

 

 

 

 

After dinner, they settled in the living room to just rest and talk or play.

 

“By the way, I have a bad news”, Taeyeon said.

 

Everyone stopped whatever they were doing, listening to Taeyeon.

 

“I have to go back to Seoul soon, my professors are asking for my help with school stuffs”

“But Taeng, it’s vacation, can’t you pass on this one?”, Sooyoung said.

“I did. But they were persistent. I don’t have a choice”, she looked at Tiffany who were sitting silently.

 

 

 

 

“Jessica and I need to go back too, my dad is already here and he wants to see us”, Tiffany said softly.

“He is?”, Jessica blurted, she knows that Tiffany’s father won’t arrive until next week.

“I forgot to tell you, he called this morning”

 

*She wasn’t even awake until the afternoon when I called. Something is definitely wrong here*

 

“Why don’t you go back with me?” Taeyeon offered.

“We drove here Tae, we can’t leave the car here, you know”, Tiffany smiled.

“Oh. Yeah, I forgot” the older girl sheepishly smiled.

 

As much as she wants to spend more time with Tiffany, she needs to go back since she’s really needed, but Tiffany’s announcement made her a little bit happy.

 

*At least if she goes back to Seoul, I will be able to visit her*

 

“Why don’t we all go back to Seoul?”, Sunny suggested. It won’t matter wherever they are, as long as they are close to each other, they will have fun.

“Yeah, maybe we can tour Tiffany and Jessica around Seoul this time”, Sooyoung supported her girlfriend.

 

Everyone smiled; they all think it is better that way than stay in the farm house and do nothing since Taeyeon won’t be even there to be with them.

 

“You don’t have to guys, you can spend the rest of your school break here”, Tiffany politely declined; she doesn’t want to bother the others.

“We can roam around Seoul just by ourselves”, Jessica added.

“Then where’s the fun there?” Yoona said this time.

“Really guys, you don’t have to”

“We insist”, this time Yuri spoke.

“Then it’s settled, we’ll go back to Seoul”

 

 

 

 

The next day, everybody is already ready with their things; going back to Seoul has never been this exciting, because they were not going back because it’s the resume of classes but because they are going to tour around two new friends.

They got on convoy, Tiffany and Jessica in the pink car followed by the rest of the group in the bigger car behind.

Jessica is driving and Tiffany is memorizing the sceneries they passed through for the last time.

 

*I hope I can come here again soon* she’s has made up her mind, she have reached a decision and she’ll do it soon.

 

“Tiff, is Daddy Hwang already here for real?”, Jessica asked, she was not able to ask Tiffany last night because she didn’t want the others to accidentally hear them.

“No, not yet. He’ll come next week”

“Then why?”

“Jessi, Taeyeon is going to Seoul, I need an excuse to go back too. What’s the use of staying there if she isn’t even there?”, Tiffany looked at the girl driving.

“But Tiff…”

“Is it because of Yuri?”

“What are you talking about?” *I guess I can’t escape her this time*

“Jess, don’t you trust me?”

“Tiff, there’s nothing going on with me and Yuri”, she’s telling the truth, and just like the promise she made to herself, the times she spent with Yuri will be the first and the last time.

 

Maybe, maybe if Yuri did confess that night, everything may be different now. It is just right to forget everythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter