Chapter 21

A Girl Meets Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Do you want to roam around?” Yuri quietly asked the girl across her.

 

*cough* cough*

 

“Excuse me?”

“It’s just that, well, looking at the lovebirds at the living room, I don’t think they want to go out and you might get bored here”, Yuri tried to explain. She doesn’t know why she’d suddenly invite someone she’s supposed to avoid.

 

Jessica just stared at the girl in front of her. *How will I suppose to avoid her when she invited me like this?*

 

“But if you don’t want to, it’s okay.” Yuri stood up, and was about to go out when Jessica spoke.

“Let me finish this first and prepare, just wait for me outside” Yuri smirked and continued walking down the hall.

*Great Jessica. You just signed up for a danger*

 

 

 

 

As Yuri passed by the living room she could see that her friends are in their own worlds.

 

“Guys, I am going to roam around, do you want to go?”

“DAE!”, everyone got excited, even Sunny, who just gave Yuri a thumbs up.

“Okay, go prepare. We’ll wait for Jessica to finish her breakfast first”, she stated.

 

“Ah. Yuri-yah, I can’t go, ahm, my head, it hurts. Youngie can’t go too since she’ll be taking care of me” Sunny said.

 

After knowing that Yuri invited Jessica first and the girl agrees knowing that she’ll be alone with Yuri, Sunny could not pass up the opportunity for the two to know each other better.

 

“Are you sure Sunny-ah? Do you need to go to the hospital?”, Yuri got worried, it’s rare that Sunny would pass on something fun, and it’s even rarer for the girl to be sick.

“It’s okay Yuri-yah; I’m here to take care of Bunny” Sooyoung, who knew that her girlfriend might be planning something said.

“Unnie I’ll join next time, I want to finish this novel I’m reading”, Seohyun expertly declined. “Unnie, I will stay with Hyunnie” Although its not an excuse to decline that offer, Yuri thought that maybe the younger girl just want to spend more time with Seohyun, so she shrugged it off.

“How about you two?”, she asked Hyoyeon and Nicole.

“We’ll finish this video game we’re playing”, they both said.

 

Yuri was wondering how come they suddenly bailed out on her; they were excited earlier. But she chose to shrugged it, it’s their vacation and everyone is ought to spend it the way they want it to.

 

“I’ll go wait outside, tell Jessica that I’ll be on the pond waiting”, Yuri then exited the house.

 

6 people are grinning widely, *this is interesting* they all thought.

 

 

 

 

Jessica finished taking a bath and looked at her best friend.

 

“Why is she still sleeping? Aren’t I the sleeping ice princess? Aish”, as much as she wants Tiffany to go with her, she doesn’t have a heart to wake the girl up.

 

After checking herself out for the last time, she went out already to conquer the farm. *I feel like floating* Jessica thought.

She went down and went to the kitchen to drink water; she figured that maybe they’ll be doing a lot of walking so she doesn’t want to dehydrate herself.

*I don’t even like walking* she sighed, she don’t know why she’s doing it *I think I’m going crazy*

 

 

 

 

“Yuri is at the pond waiting for you”, Nicole said the moments she saw her cousin come to the living room.

 

*Jeez, I haven’t asked yet*

 

Jessica smiled and asked, “Don’t you want to go with us?”

“Nah. We already did before, I’m sure there hasn’t been a lot of changes since then”, Hyoyeon answered for them.

 

*Oh well, that’s true*

 

“Ah. I’ll get going then, if Tiffany wakes up, please tell her where I am”, Jessica smiled and waved goodbye.

 

 

 

 

Jessica walked slowly and silently towards the pond, she could see Yuri looking at the fishes.

 

*She looks like she’s thinking a lot again, I wonder what’s in her mind?*

*How can she be this beautiful? Perfect tan skin, pretty face, cute nose, toned arms, and the perfect s-line, I thought I was beautiful, well that’s until I met this piece of grrr*

*Whatever. I’ll just enjoy this while it lasts*

 

“Yuri?”

 

Yuri turned around and smiled at Jessica.

 

“You can call me Yul, you know?”

“I… I just don’t think I’m qualified to call you that”, she absentmindedly looked down.

 

Yuri moved closer to Jessica and held the smaller girl’s chin to lift her head, “I insist”

 

*Why are you doing this to me Yuri-ah?*

*Why am I so attracted to you Jessica?*

 

“Let’s go?”, Yuri offered her hand.

 

*Just this one time, Prince Mickey, just this time, I promise to stop whatever this is soon*

 

Jessica smiled and held Yuri’s hand.

 

 

 

 

Yuri opted to drive the car since she had an inkling that Jessica might not be used to walk under the sun, which made Jessica so thankful though she doesn’t mind walking with Yuri.

 

“Have you been in a farm before?”

“No. I’ve been a city girl ever since”

“That’s a shame. Although the city lights are beautiful, there is no doubt that the beauty of nature is more beautiful”

“Now that you mentioned it, I think I might agree with you. BUT…”

“But what?”, Yuri looked at the passenger seat curiously.

“You need to prove it to me today”, Jessica looked at Yuri and smiled.

“That’s what I’m here for”

 

The drive was full of laughter; Yuri brought Jessica to a lot of places.

 

 

 

 

They settled in a hill overlooking a small community and a vast ocean.

 

“Wow. I can’t believe Taeyeon’s family is this rich”

“They aren’t”

“What do you mean?” *If Taeyeon’s family isn’t rich, then what do you call a family that practically owns a lot of land, even our properties can’t be compared to Taeyeon’s* she Jessica thought.

“The Kim’s preferred not to be called rich, because they don’t practice rich”

“I don’t understand”

“Auntie and Uncle Kim brought up Jiwoong Oppa, Taeyeon and Haeyeonie as simple as they can; they are not used to things and activities rich people do”

“But why?”

“Because they don’t want them to act recklessly and to look down on people just because they are rich”

 

Jessica just nodded.

 

“That’s why every since we were young, our parents always tell us that we are not rich, this applies to everyone in the group”, Yuri added.

“Is that why Nicole refused to live in a 5-star condominium?”, the last time Jessica checked, Nicole is one of them; they are those who uses their parents money to live comfortably, but not to the extent of looking down on people, but everyone do know how rich their families are.

“Oh that kid, we told her that she could be just herself and we would still be her friends, but she insisted. She said, for once, she wants to live differently”, Yuri said, proud for her friend. She knows it’s not easy for a person who grew up like a princess to step down of her crown and live among the commoners.

“I think she did the right thing”, Jessica said.

 

Although she can’t imagine herself without her car, without the special treatment she gets in restaurants, her everyday shopping, she thinks that living simply is good too.

 

*Speaking of shopping, I can’t believe Tiff and me surviv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter