Chapter 12

A Girl Meets Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I was taking a walk in the park near our new dorm. It was my routine everyday, the first thing I do in the morning is to give Miyoungie her exercise by walking in the park and in the evening before I go to sleep, I give myself time to walk in the park just to think about anything and everything, but mostly, about her, and us.

 

I was thinking about Tiffany, and sometimes I also think about Sunmi, not in the way I think about my pink princess of course. I can somehow relate to Sunmi; loving someone who is not loving you back. I love Tiffany, very much but I didn’t even know if she can remember me. While Sunmi loves me, she’s expressing her love for me for a few years now.

 

We met 5 years after I met Tiffany, she transferred to our school and we have been friends since then. But the friendship slowly faded when she confessed to me, I can’t accept her because my heart beats for someone else. But she’s consistent and was pretty much content that she’s free to express her feelings but I never reciprocated it, in fact, I avoided it.

 

I know how difficult it is to love someone you can’t be with. There are times that I think about giving Sunmi a chance, maybe, just maybe she can replace Tiffany in my heart. I don’t know if I will ever see Tiffany again, but whenever I think about not seeing her, I feel pain in my heart. So since then, I have been saving money so that I can go to the States and look for her there.

 

My parents are well off, but I can’t ask them money for my own sake. It has nothing to do with them. So, I have don’t have the right to ask for money for it. My allowance is good and I have been saving it, my friends would sometimes tell me to spend money, even just a small amount and have fun but I always think about her and that I have to sacrifice if I want to see Tiffany.

 

 

No one’s POV

 

“Hey, can I join you?”, a voice startled Taeyeon.

 

Miyoungie was barking non-stop but Taeyeon was too engrossed in her thoughts to hear.

 

“Oh, what are you doing here?”, Taeyeon asked the other person.

 

“I was at the store on the other side of the park with my mom when I saw you, so I bought you bottled water in case you need it”, the other person said and gave Taeyeon the water.

 

“Uh. Thanks.”

 

“I see that your dog still doesn’t like me”, the other person chuckled.

 

“No, it’s not like that, maybe she’s just uncomfortable Sunmi-yah”, Taeyeon said while looking at Miyoungie.

 

“She’s uncomfortable because she doesn’t like me Tae”, Sunmi said looking at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon didn’t answer her.

 

“Tae, can we talk?”, Sunmi said in a hushed voice.

 

“I, ah.”, Taeyeon can’t seem to say something, she sensed what Sunmi wants to talk about.

 

“I know, you have been rejecting me since I confessed to you 2 years ago, and that I have not backed down ever since even though it hurts. But please, give me a chance to prove to you that I am worth your heart”, Sunmi said looking straight to Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

“You know that I love someone else Sunmi-yah, and that I don’t want to use you or hurt you. Do you want to have a relationship with me knowing that my heart belongs to someone else and not you? I love you Sunmi-yah but as a friend, a sister, not as a lover, I’m sorry.”, Taeyeon looked at Sunmi with a painful look.

 

It hurts for Taeyeon to say those words to Sunmi again knowing how much the girl in front of her is hurting. But she doesn’t have any choice. It was the right thing to do.

 

“I know. But please, just one chance. Just once, or.”, Sunmi paused.

 

“Or what?”, Taeyeon looked at her, wondering what will Sunmi say.

 

“Or we’ll have a deal, we’ll both benefit from this”.

 

“What do you mean?”, Taeyeon asked her again. She’s somewhat nervous, she wants to know what Sunmi is thinking, as this made her curious. What was the idea of Sunmi that will benefit the both of them?

 

“Be my girlfriend”, Sunmi said firmly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter