Chapter 6

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

He leaned in and plant a kiss on her forehead before hugging her. "Now that I found you, I can't let you out of my sight, especially for such a long period of time. Jaejoong samchon asked us to take all the time we need for me to be king and for you to be queen. We can take things slow. Being king means nothing to me but you, Choi Areum, means the whole world to me."

Areum smiled at his sweet words and nodded before snuggling into his chest. Daehyun her long, black hair and closed his eyes. *I've seen too many cases of soulmate problems and I don't want to be a victim of it.*

 

All For You-- Jung Eunji and Seo Inguk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuOEMDtMs0s

 

Areum stirred a little before feeling something wrapping gently around her waist. Opening her eyes, she saw him- the man who will love only her and the one she will only love, her soulmate. Reaching out to gently Daehyun’s cheek, she smiled to herself. It has only been a week since she attended the ball and since the day she found him but yet here she was in his arms already, being happy, satisfied and most importantly, loved. She loves him and he loves her. It was something simple yet so very sweet at the same time.

Areum kissed Daehyun’s nose and got out of bed to wash up. Once she was done, she headed down to the kitchen and the maids and chefs bowed when they saw their future queen. She politely bowed back before taking a cup of blood mixed with grape juice and headed outside.

A gust of wind gently blew past and Areum took a deep breathe, breathing in the fresh air. She took a stroll as she casually and aimlessly walked around. Soon, she found herself at the back of the palace and her eyes lit up when she saw that there was a mini garden at the back. However, sadness replaced the happiness in her eyes when she saw that all of the flowers were withered. The petals were brown in colour and some of them were even on the floor.

*Such pretty flowers don’t deserve to be like this.* She thought as she reached out to the flower that was once purple in colour. Concentrating on her energy and power, she channelled a little of it towards her palm and towards the dead flower. Bright purple slowly replaced the brown and soon the flower was as new as ever. Satisfied with her work, she smiled before moving on to the rest of the flowers.

 

Lee Byunghun squeezed the wet cloth to get rid of the excess water before using it to clean the cold, hard stone that has his parents’ name on it. “Omma, Kris, Daehyun found his soulmate.” Byunghun smiled a little at that thought. He was genuinely happy for his step-brother but that does not mean he showed up to congratulate Daehyun.

“Daehyun’s happy and so is Eunji. Even Jieun is happy but I’m not. Do you know why? It is because you are not around. The reason why Goddess Jaehye created me was because of you. I exist because of you and yet my reason of existence is gone. What am I supposed to do now that you are not around?”

“Protect your siblings for me, Byunghun.” Minjung’s last words for him rang in his head again.

“I can’t.” Tears flowed down his cheek as he choked a sob. “I want to but I can’t. Whenever I see them, I think of you. I will think of how you died. I don’t want to but I just will.”

“But that is her last wish. Are you sure you are going to ignore that?” A gentle voice asked and Byunghun looked up just to see nothing except for the usual trees that was around.

“Who are you?!” He demanded before changing into his fox form. He let out a roar and bared his teeth. How dare someone come uninvited and disturb his parents’ peace?

“I mean no harm.” A petite girl with long, brown hair stepped out from the trees. Her big eyes screamed innocence as she looked at him. She was pretty. In fact, she was one of those girls that guys would take a second look at.

Byunghun blinked at few times before shifting back into his human form. “You’re.. just like me.” He whispered and she nodded.

“Yes, I am also a mystical creature like you and I’m also created by Goddess Jaehye. My name is Kim Hyuna.”

“Why are you here? The creatures of the moon are behaving themselves so there is no need for another Goddess.” He narrowed his eyes at her as if she is lying. He knows she is a mystical creature as well because of the special golden aura that is around her and only their kind can see it.

“I am not here because of that. I am here to protect someone that needs to be protected and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter