Chapter 19

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

Everyone smiled at Jungmin’s interaction with Minjung and Kris. Suho scooted closer to Xiumin and whispered in his ear. “How the hell did you make them come?” Xiumin looked at him before pressing a finger to his lips, telling Suho that it is a secret. Suho rolled his eyes at his playful hyung before looking at Minjung again. *I don’t really care how they agreed to come. What’s important is that they are here.*

 

What I Want To Say-- Bernard Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUYsBIPXtpk

 

It has been hours since Minjung and Kris went to the palace in the North.  When they came, Suho immediately asked the cooks to prepare more of their favourite dishes for dinner. While the couple played with Jungmin, EXO and the rest watched them. They wanted very much to be with one laughing and chatting with Minjung and Kris but they know now is not the time. They were losing hope when the Minjung and Kris now could not recognise them but as time passed by and with news of Byunghun and Minjung being closer and the fact that Minjung invited Xiumin, Luhan, Kai and Sehun to her house gave them hope. It was like they were fresh clamps from the ocean. They are hard to open up but if you cook it, it will slowly open its shell and that is the case with the couple now. They are slowly opening themselves to EXO.

What exactly gave EXO more hope that the Minjung and Kris now is the previous queen and king was because Minjung is wearing the bracelet they gave her. They knew that Minjung is harder to deal with than Kris and the fact that Minjung is wearing the bracelet meant that maybe she is willing to be friends with them. They love her. But them loving her is not enough. She needs to love them back like how she does in the past.

“Look! It’s an airplane!” Jungmin showed Minjung the plane he made that was made out of lego blocks. Minjung just ruffled his hair in affection and Jungmin went back to where Kris was. The child climb onto Kris’s lap and sat down while playing with his new plane. After dinner, Jungmin wanted to play with Minjung and Kris again, using the time they are here to the fullest.

“Daehyun.” Minjung spoke, making the guy beside her stiffened a little while Kris looked at his girlfriend. Daehyun was just there on the couch with Minjung, watching his son play. “I love your mother. She is a wonderful woman. She is brave, strong and kind and she definitely did not deserve to die.” Daehyun’s eyes grew sad at her words. He misses his mother a lot and it drives him crazy for him to not able to treat the woman in front of him as his mother.

“She is.” He whispered and held back his tears. “She is the most wonderful woman I’ve ever met and so is my father.”

“Appa! Why are you crying?” Jungmin went to Daehyun and placed his small hands on his father’s knees. Daehyun carried him and placed him on his lap. “Don’t cry okay? Jungmin will hit the bad guys that made you cry!” He puffed his cheeks and they mentally cooed at his cute actions.

“Jungmin-ah. Your appa is crying because he misses his parents.” Kris told the boy.

“Grandma and grandpa? But they are in the cold room and they look like the both of you! Do you want to see them?” He got off Daehyun’s lap and grabbed on Kris’s hand.

Daehyun’s eyes grew wide when he heard what his son had just said. “Jungmin-ah, that’s not a good idea.” He began but Minjung looked at him.

“Can we? Is it alright for us to see them?” She asked him. She was shocked to find out that their bodies are still on Earth and she wants to see them. She wants to see how exactly alike they are. Kris frowned a little at her suggestion but his frown soon disappeared when he realised what Minjung is trying to do.

“But-”

“Please let us see them.” Kris cut Daehyun off. He too wanted to see how alike he and the previous king are.

“Let’s go!” Jungmin held Minjung’s and Kris’s hand and led down out of the play room and towards the cold room. Daehyun just wordlessly followed them. He was somewhat worried but decided that maybe it was best if they go to the cold room.

When they entered the room, they saw that the walls were either dark blue or light blue. In the middle of the room was a transparent casing with two bodies lying on it. It was placed above a long rectangle table and cold fog comes out from under the casing. Behind it on the wall was a huge photograph of both the old Minjung and Kris in their outfits when Kris became the king and Minjung, the queen. Minjung let out a soft gasp when she saw the lady in the photograph while Kris just looked at it in shock. They could not think of anything at all because it was like they were looking at themselves in the mirror. The possibility that 2 people could look so much alike shocked them. “These are my parents.” Daehyun softly told them and they looked at him.

They slowly walked over to where he was, right beside the transparent casing. Minjung shut her eyes tightly, trying to mentally prepare herself while Kris took deep, even breathes, trying to calm himself down. They took another hesitant step forward so that they could lean over the casing and look at the body carefully. The first thing they saw was the colourful flowers around the bodies. The lady was wearing a lovely white dress while the guy was wearing a white turtleneck with a normal pair of blue jeans. Their eyes then trailed upwards and when they saw the faces that belonged to the body, Minjung’s knees buckled and Daehyun caught he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter