Chapter 21

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

“I saw you die.” She choked a sob on the last word and Kris her back in an up and down motion, hoping that will calm her down.

“It’s okay. Everything is fine. I will not die and leave you. I promise to be by your side, remember?” He kissed the side of her head.

“Get the grand sorcerer.” Suho told one of the guards before looking at Minjung and Kris. *I let you die once. I’m not going to let you die again. Appa will promise you that, my princess.*

 

U You- A Pink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8mzXfMQqhw

 

The grand sorcerer looked from Minjung to Kris and back to Minjung again. Letting out a sigh, he finally shifted his attention to Suho. “I do not know.” He truthfully said. He wanted to help them as much as possible but he really did not know why Minjung has the previous queen’s memories.

“Mr Nam, if you do not do this, then we have no other options left. You are the only hope we have now.” Suho begged the grand sorcerer.

“I’m sorry your highness but I really do not know. I want to help them too but I’m just a sorcerer. When it comes to stuff like this, we aren’t really much of a use.” The grand sorcerer apologised. He then looked at the couple again before leaning in to place his hands on top of theirs. “There is one way though.” His words were barely a whisper but everyone in the room heard him.

“What is it?” Minjung demanded and the grand sorcerer gave her a sad smile.

“I am going to make you meet Goddess Jaehye. I don’t know if it will work but I will try my best. However, if it fails, you might never wake up again.”

“No. Absolutely not.” Kris immediately opposed and so did Suho.

“But I want to try it.” Minjung told them. “If there is a way to find out, then I want to try it.”

“You might die! And what about your brothers? Do you want to leave them alone? You promised your father to take care of them. Not waking up forever isn’t really the definition of taking care of them.” Kris snapped. He will never let anything risk the life of his soulmate.

“This is the only way to protect EXO. I promised Minjung and I never break my promises. Besides, I trust the grand sorcerer. He isn’t the grand sorcerer for nothing.” She argued, making the grand sorcerer chuckled.

“What do you mean by protecting us?” Suho asked but Minjung ignored him. She turned to look at the grand sorcerer and he caught her eyes. He knew that she is stubborn and she hardly ever changes her mind once she has decided on something.

Kris saw her determination too and sighed in defeat. “Fine. If you are going then I will too. At least if we die, we die together.”

“Together forever.” Minjung kissed his cheek and his frown turned into a smile. The grand sorcerer asked them to close their eyes and relax. Kris held onto Minjung’s hand tightly as the grand sorcerer mumbled a spell that will make them sleep.

 

The first thing Kris felt was the soft grass underneath him. It felt wet like it had just rained and the earthy smell of the grass freshen him up. *Wait, grass?* His eyes snapped opened and the blue sky greeted him. It was so blue, filled with puffy white clouds. He frowned in confusion, remembering that he was in the palace with- “Minjung!” He sat up and tried to find his girlfriend. Seeing her a few metres away from him, he quickly got up on his feet and ran towards her. “Babe?” Kris shook her and she woke up.

“Where are we?” She groaned a little before sitting up. Looking around, she saw that Kris and she were on this huge grass field and there were trees surrounding them. “Wait.. I know this place.” She got up with the help of Kris and started walking towards a direction. Kris quietly followed her but he was on his toes, afraid that something will come out and attack them. “The grand sorcerer succeeded. We are at the Great Palace of Dreams.”

“The what? How do you know?” He asked and she stopped walking. Confusion flashed through her eyes before looking at Kris.

“I honestly don’t. It just blurted out of my mouth. Let’s go.” She urged him and he wrapped a protective arm around her waist so that if anything attacks them, he would be able to protect her. They walked for another minute before seeing a path in front of them, leading into the forest. A strange looking blue bunny appeared and it hopped to another bush. A fairy flew past and they looked at it with wide eyes. Another fairy flew to them and tugged onto Kris’s sleeve before giggling and flying away. “Is she trying to flirt with you?” Minjung narrowed her eyes at the fairy and Kris laughed before kissing her temple.

“You are cute when you are jealous.” He told her and she blushed a little. The same fairy appeared again before sitting on Kris’s shoulder. She pointed to the path in front of them. “Are you trying to say we must go there?” He asked her and she nodded. They listened to her advice and went further into the forest.

“You’re here.” A voice but strong voice said and they gasped in awe when they saw a huge trees that was actually glittering as the fairies flew around, spreading their dusts everywhere. In front of the tree was a tall woman with long blonde hair. She was wearing a white dress where the bottom on the dress touched the ground. Silver accessories were on her head and she looked like a Goddess.

“Goddess Jaehye?” Minjung whispered and the lady gave her a beautiful smile.

“Come, young one.” Jaehye reached her hand out and Minjung walked towards her, placing her hand in Jaehye’s. “I missed you.” Jaehye kissed Minjung’s forehead and Minjung looked at her in confusion. Did they meet before? “Come here Yifan.” Jaehye looked at Kris and he went to her as well.

“We want to ask you something.” Minjung spoke.

“I know. And I am here to give you answers to all of your questions.” Jaehye held their hands. She closed her eyes and spoke in an ancient language. All of a sudden, Kris and Minjung felt like someone or something was probing their mind but it was warm and comfortable. “Awaken.” Jaehye whispered and it was like someone took a key to unlock

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter