Chapter 26 (Final)

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

Kris went back into the house and Hyunseung was about to lunge at him but got intercepted by the others. “Give Minjung back to me!” He snarled and Kris growled back.

“She’s mine!”

“Not if I kill you.” His eyes turned red Kris prepared himself for the last battle.

 

A Thousand Years-- Christina Perri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOvBOTyX00

 

“Come on. What about a solo fight? Be a man and fight me one on one.” Hyunseung taunted Kris.

“I don’t care if I am a lady or a dog. I will do whatever it is to capture you so that you will never go near MY SOULMATE.” Kris emphasized on the last two words, angering Hyunseung even further. Hyunseung is not self-delusional or stubborn. He just simply saw Minjung as his soulmate because of the fact that they have 3 powers each. Kris wanted to blame everything on Hyunseung but he knows how it feels to know who is your soulmate but could not touch her. He knows it so well himself.

Hyunseung pushed Sungyeol away and lunged for Kris but Kris ducked down, making Hyunseung land outside of the house. Hyunseung saw Minjung in Byunghun’s arms and ran towards her. With the power of speed, Kikwang was the first to reach him but he disappeared before Kikwang could hit him. Hyunseung teleported right infront of Byunghun and the blonde changed into his fox, snarling at his enemy. Kris kicked Hyunseung away before looking at his son. “Stick by her side and never leave her alone.”

Byunghun nodded and went back to Minjung. She gave him a weak smile as he shifted back. “Do you want to go back first?” He asked and she shook her head.

“I’ll be fine soon thanks to your healing.”

Sunggyu tried to stab Hyunseung with his sword but Hyunseung dodged it and threw a fireball at him. Kris raised his leg to kick Hyunseung but Hyunseung blocked it with his hands. “I do not want to kill you. I just want to bring you to Minah, your soulmate.”

“I do not believe you. Minjung is my soulmate.” Hyunseung narrowed his eyes at Kris and the blonde male sighed.

“Let’s make a deal then. If I bring Minah to you and you don’t feel she’s your soulmate then we will fight for Minjung. One on one.” Kris proposed.

“Deal, but you have to ask them to stop attacking my brother too.” Hyunseung knew that if Kris and he were to fight, he had a higher chance of winning.

Kris looked at his brothers who were fighting Seunghyun. They were having a hard time as well because they were afraid to get caught by him. The moment Seunghyun touches them, he can use Thanatos, the healing spell which the life away to heal the user and the spell which killed Kris. Kris did not want anyone of them to die and neither did he want the fight to continue. He looked back at Hyunseung and nodded. “Stop!” He commanded and everyone looked at him. “Kyungsoo, bring Minah here.” The short male nodded before disappearing.

Within seconds, D.O. was back with Minah beside him and she looked around the place. The pavements were destroyed and everyone was looking at her, making her nervous at the sudden attention. She looked around, trying to find Hyunseung and her eyes met with Seunghyun. She frowned a little because he had the same face as Hyunseung but she did not feel like he was her soulmate. “Hyunseung?” She asked Seunghyun and he shook his head. He nodded towards his right and she turned to her left, seeing someone with the same face as the first but this time when their eyes met, she knew it was her soulmate.

The moment Minah arrived, Hyunseung could smell her. He could smell how intoxicating she was. Immediately, the scent of Minjung that he used to love was washed away from his mind and all he could think of was the scent of Minah’s. “Impossible.” He whispered when he met eyes with Minah. It was like the first time he met Minjung. Only this time everything felt so much better and that he felt Minah love him back as she looked at him with teary eyes.

“Hyunseung!” She ran towards him and he opened his arms for her to run into them. “I finally get to meet you, Kwon Hyunseung.” She sobbed and hugged Hyunseung as tightly as she could. Tears rolled down his face and he hugged her back. He never knew hugging someone could feel so blissful. Seunghyun smiled a little before walking towards his brother. As long as his brother was happy, so was he. He had sworn to protect Hyunseung on their mother’s death bed.

Minjung walked towards Kris with a smile and he hugged her. “I was so worried about you.” He murmured into her hair.

“They didn’t ill treat me. Well, except for the fact that Hyunseung drank from me when he caught me before I tried to escape.”

“I know. If not I would have killed him before letting him meet Minah.”

“Minjung,” Hyunseung called her and she looked at him. “I’m sorry for everything and thank you.” He said and she grinned before the twins and Minah disappeared.

“Yah! Is it alright to let him go?” Suho asked Kris and Kris looked at Minjung.

“It’s alright appa. They won’t disturb us again.” Minjung held hands with Kris and he kissed her temple.

 

++

1 year later

 

“I so totally can’t believe you’ve already graduated.” Amber said as she linked arms with Minjung.

“What can I do? I’m a genius.” She flipped her hair and they laughed. They sat at their usual table in the cafeteria as they waited for the boys.

“But still, you completed 3 years of education into 1.”

“I have my brothers to thank for. They taught me about my powers since young.” She smiled when the students who walked passed bowed at her.

“Minjung!” An irritatingly familiar voice shouted and they groaned when they saw it was Yura. “What are you doing here, your highness? I thought you’ve already graduated?”

“My queen is here to see me.” Henry walked towards them and kissed Minjung on the cheek.

“I won’t be queen by the end of tonight. Areum will be. I’ll just be the princess of the North.” Minjung reminded him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter