Chapter 16

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

Byunghun let out a soft sigh before nodding. He did not want to intrude into Kris’s life even though he misses his father as well and Kris still does not know about Byunghun staying with Minjung. But seeing him once when he is asleep is still acceptable, right? “Alright. Let’s go.” He gave them a small smile and they softly cheered before thanking him.

 

Don't Go- EXO-K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrwxG1sCZaE

 

The shrill sound of an alarm ringing rang throughout the house and Minjung groaned before taking the pillow beside her to cover her face with it. The alarm continued ringing and she let out a frustrated sigh before reaching out to shut her alarm clock. When it did and silence engulfed the room again, she grinned before finding her way back to dreamland.

“Noona!” Taehyung banged on her door and she immediately sat up. Her hair was sticking out in different place while she glared at the door, as if trying to burn a hole through it with her eyes. “Noona!” Taehyung repeated and Minjung flung the door open by using her powers.

“What?!” She screamed at him and he ran away before she could throw something at him. Let us just say that morning and Yoon Minjung are not really on good terms.

Taehyung managed to go back to his room safely without getting injured. He knew he would get scolded but someone had to wake her up or she will continue to sleep. “Is noona awake?” Jimin asked his brother and Taehyung nodded.

“Man, are you deaf or what? Noona almost screamed the whole house down.” Jungkook commented and got smacked at the back of his head by Jimin. The maknae pouted but his brothers ignored him and ate breakfast. The only one who could hardly resist Jungkook’s aegyo is Minjung, not Jimin or Taehyung.

10 minutes later, Minjung got out of the bathroom and went back to her room. She was fixing her uniform when she noticed a box with a yellow paper underneath it. Realising that it was a foreign object, she went closer to it to see what was inside. Lifting the box up, she saw that there was a note on the paper so she decided to read it first.

 

Dear Minjung,

I know that you hardly had anything to want to do with EXO but they really do hope that you would accept this as a thank you gift for having lunch with them the other day.

Byunghun

 

Minjung frowned a little when she realised that the gift as from EXO. Byunghun was right. She technically does not want to have anything to do with EXO anymore but she felt pity for them. They lost 2 people dear to them on the same day and they were having a hard time even after so many years had already past. She knew that she would be like them if someone dear to her was gone.

Opening the box, she saw that it was a bracelet. Instead of charms, there were letters and on the letters were the names of each EXO member, including Kris’s name. *It’s beautiful.* She admired the lovely accessory. The bracelet was a gift from EXO but she could not help but to grow fond of it. It was not that she hated EXO but she just do not want to have any more connections with them because she was afraid that something or complicated or dramatic might happened.

“Noona!” She heard Jungkook calling her and she placed the box back on the table before going out of her room and into the living room to join her brothers for breakfast.

 

 

Kris straightened his uniform and looked at his full-length mirror once more before grabbing his bag that was on his chair. He carried it securely on his back and wanted to close the window when he saw a guy with red coloured hair looking up at him. The man was wearing a long brown coat while he had sunglasses on and he was leaning against the tree, as if waiting for someone. Kris frowned a little when he could not helped but to find the guy a little familiar but he could not remember where he saw him. Both males looked at each other for a few more seconds before that strange guy left.

Kris watched him walked away in confusion. Who was that guy? Was Kris the person he wanted to see or was it someone else? If he really was waiting for Kris, then why? “Yifan?” Saeri called for her son and he went out of his room to find her.

“Omma?” He went to the kitchen where she was preparing his breakfast.

“Are you free to pick up your father’s stuff after school today?” She asked him as she passed a plate of toast to him.

“Sure.” He smiled before digging into his food.

 

“The car will pick you up together with Byunghun hyung after school.” Taehyung told Minjung and she nodded.

“Have fun in school.” She got out of the car and waved until they were out of sight. She went into the school and was suddenly stopped by a group of girls. She immediately recognised the one standing in front as Ms Too-much-makeup that tried to bully on her first day at school. Minjung thought that the girl was about to disturb her again or something so she took a step back.

“Good morning!” The girl gave her a fake smile and Minjung could see that the smile was faker than the brands in China.

“It was a ‘good’ morning until you came.” Minjung commented and the girl’s followers glared at her while she tried to ignore what Minjung had just said.

“My name is Yura.” She held out a hand for Minjung to shake it.

“And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter