Chapter 10

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

“Dae?” Areum called Daehyun and he looked at her. “What’s wrong?” She asked, a frown forming on her beautiful face.

“It’s nothing.” He whispered. *When will you wake up, Wu Daehyun? Omma is gone and will never come back and the same goes for appa.*

“Let’s go?” Areum slipped her small hand into his. He nodded with a smile and the both of them went to find Hyuna and Jungmin. Daehyun looked back one more time, hoping to see his mother but to his disappointment, all there are were just strangers.

 

First Snow-- EXO-K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMsN6oVj7ZE

 

Areum sighed softly as she healed another flower in Minjung’s garden. She was upset and worried because the flowers just seem to wither even though she heals them once every few days. It was like the flowers do not depend on water and sunlight to survive but Minjung’s power instead. Ever since Areum saw the garden, she grew attached to it and even brought it to the North so that she can take care of it but the garden does not seem to welcome her. It was like it is waiting for someone and only then it will be happy.

She went back into the palace and bumped into Eunmin. “Imo.” She bowed and Eunmin gave her a gentle smile.

“I was just looking for you. Come.” She led Areum to the living room where all the females are. Seyoung and Miyoun are looking through some brochures while Minhee, Sora and Seohyun seemed to be planning something.

“Omma!” Areum heard Jungmin and turned around to see him in Taeyeon’s arms. Taeyeon passed him to Areum and she kissed his chubby cheeks. He giggled before wrapping his small arms around his mother’s neck and she sighed in content. School is being a by giving her lots of school work and she has also been learning how to be a queen because Daehyun is going to be the king soon. She feels so stressed these few days but just by seeing her son makes her relaxed and she always feel that everything is worthwhile as long as her son is happy.

“Areum,” Miyoun asked her to sit down and she did as told, Jungmin on her lap. “Next week is your birthday and we are planning on going for a vacation to celebrate your birthday. Where do you feel like going?”

“Anywhere is fine, Miyoun imo.” She smiled a little while Jungmin tried to wriggle out of her grip.

“I want to go to the beach! Can we go to the beach, omma?” Jungmin asked her and she kissed his nose.

“Of course we can.”

“Let’s go to the beach in the West! It has the most beautiful beach among the four continents. The water is emerald in colour and the sand is as soft as flour.” Seyoung suggested and Sora immediately agreed.

“We can stay in Jaejoong’s house too and I’m sure they will be happy to go home after all these years.” She grinned at the thought of her husband and sons being all excited to go home.

“Can I invite my cousin? It has been years since I saw him.” Areum asked.

“Of course and we can invite EXO-M too. Hopefully they can be happy and get over the incident.” Minhee softly said and the rest silently agreed. After losing their brother, they have become more quiet and anti-social and the only time they ever come over is when there is a special occasion though everyone can see that they are still sad. EXO-K goes over to the East too at times and they would play and just chill but the feeling is different without their leader there.

“I wish I could go over to them and just smack them away but how could I when I still feel the pain?” Eunmin whispered. Minjung was not only like her sister but also like her daughter. “I can still feel her presence at times.”

“That is because she will always be with us, which is why we have to be happy or she won’t be happy too.” Taeyeon tried to cheer them up.

“Unnie’s right. We have to be happy or she won’t be happy too.” Seohyun smiled a little. Jungmin looked at Areum in confusion.

“Omma, who are you guys talking about?” He asked and Eunmin carried him.

“We are talking about your real grandmother. Do you want to see her?” She asked and he eagerly nodded.

“Appa showed me grandma and grandpa that day but it was only once. Can I see them again?” He requested and Eunmin chuckled before nodding her head and bringing him to the cold room. Areum watched their leaving figures and quietly followed them. She has also only seen them once but the face of her mother-in-law was just so unforgettable. When Areum met Minjung in the cold room, it was like Minjung was a beautiful goddess sleeping on a bed of flowers. She was shocked when she saw her father-in-law too because he looks exactly like her cousin but she did not tell anyone as the one lying there could not possibly be her cousin.

Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter