Chapter 12

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

“Please leave.” Kris said before going into the room, pulling Minjung along with him. He knows that his soulmate is confused and so he is. Who are those people and why do they act like they have known them for years? “Minjung-ah, let’s get some rest.” He told her and she nodded. They felt so confused that they felt like running away but Kris decided that it might be better to talk to his cousin instead.

 

Christmas Day-- EXO-K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a28041cTUmA

 

Silence engulfed the room as they tried to process what was going on. It has been a few hours since the incident happened and they were all in Jaejoong’s house. No one had a mood to party after that incident. It felt like a dream. Their friends who had been dead for so many were in front of them. They had the same name, the same personality only that the Minjung now is feistier than the old one and the Kris now is more tamed. They were even soulmates again. There were just too many similarities to deny that the Minjung and Kris now is their friend.

“I’m sorry.” Areum broke the silence. Some gave her a warm smile, telling her it is okay while others just kept quiet but they were listening. “If I did not invite them, then we would not be like this.” All Areum wanted to do was to make her family happy, especially Daehyun, but now it seems like everyone is in a depression mode right now. Having someone you love ignore you and not recognise you is very painful, even to the strongest people.

“It’s not your fault.” Suho told her. They could not blame Areum, because how could they? No one would have expected that her cousin and his soulmate would look exactly like Daehyun’s parents.

“Maybe, just maybe, that they are not Minjung and Kris.” Lay spoke and they looked at him. “It’s true that they look like them but it is obvious that they do not have the same memories. The Kris and Minjung we know are dead and the only reason why there is another pair of them alive and walking around is maybe because of reincarnation.”

“Reincarnation?” They asked him and he nodded.

“If they are their reincarnations, then it is possible why they do not know us. They are a different person now, including their memories and life, which we do not play a part anymore.” Lay sadly say. He does not want to admit it but he has to because he knows that his brother is never going to come back.

“But it is just so tempting to find them, especially since we that there is someone who looks like them.” Chen argued but Chanyeol stopped him before he could continue.

“We cannot disturb them. The more we do that, the more they will avoid us and soon, we would not even have the chance to see them anymore. The only thing we can do now is to just watch them afar.” It pained Chanyeol to say this because he actually loves Minjung more than his brothers even though they are not related by blood.

“We understand. From now on, we will protect them from afar, even if they really are not the ones we are looking for.” Luhan spoke for his brothers and Hyera squeezed his hand, hoping he will not be too sad.

 

Daehyun sighed as he the cold, hard tombstone. Although it was just an empty grave for his parents, it is their graves after all, and it somehow made him feel peaceful. Daehyun was confused and desperate, even. He was confused because the two people he saw just now were his parents. They had the same name and the same face but they did not have the same memories and could not remember him. If they are not his parents, then who are they? Daehyun was also desperate because if they really are his parents, he would do anything to get them back. Anything.

“Oppa.” Eunji and Byunghun walked towards him and he saw smiled when he saw them. They sat down and quietly looked at their parents’ graves as well. “It has been 15 long years. I was nearly at the stage where I can happily move on and then they appear.” She whispered sadly.

“We have to face the fact that they are not our parents.” Byunghun told them and they nodded.

“We know. It’s hard but we have to do that. If we try to go near them, they will avoid us, and I am sure the adults are thinking the same thing.” Daehyun sighed before giving them a smile. “At least we still have each other, right?”

Eunji nodded eagerly with a grin on her face as she pulled her brothers close to her. “The most important thing now is that we have each other.” She hugged them tightly and they hugged her back with a smile. They were sure that their parents would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter