Chapter 17

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

“Hello, Kris.” He said and Kris looked at him in confusion.

“Who are you? How do you know my name?” Kris asked him and the man gave him a small smile before speaking again.

“My name is Kwon Hyunseung.”

 

Lucky- EXO-K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyPA_UAvQ9U

 

“Kwon.. Hyunseung?” Kris mumbled as he tried to remember anyone that goes by the name of that.

“You won’t remember me. But I will always remember you.” Hyunseung said as he took a step closer to Kris. “You looked so much like him.” He murmured and Kris immediately knew who that guy was talking about.

“If this is about the previous king then I am sorry but I have to disappoint you. I am not him nor am I his reincarnation.”

“I see.” Hyunseung simply said. “I’m sorry if I offended you or I brought you some discomfort but I just miss my friend so much. Kris and I went through a lot together, you see. He will never forget me or how I look like and when I saw your expression when you first saw me, I knew that you were not him.”

Kris felt pity for the guy like how he sympathizes EXO but there was nothing he could do. He could not possibly pretend to be the previous king. “If you will excuse me.” Kris bowed and walked away.

“Minjung..” Hyunseung spoke and Kris stopped walking. He slowly turned around to look at that guy with wide eyes. “She is not the previous queen as well, right? Is she fine?”

“She is. Thank you for your concern but Minjung and I will appreciate it if you do not look for us again.”

“Of course.” Hyunseung said before putting on his sunglasses and walking away. Kris looked at him in suspicion and hope that the strange guy will not go and find his soulmate.

The shrill ringing of Kris’s phone startled him and he took it out from his pocket. Seeing who had called by through the caller ID, he quickly answered the phone and placed it at his ear. He heard a soft sob and panicked. What happened? Why was his soulmate crying? “Minjung?”

 

It took Kris about 15 minutes to reach Minjung’s house as he sped down the road, not caring about the vehicles around and whether he might exceed the speed limit. All he wants to do now is to get to his crying soulmate and hugged her in his arms, telling her that everything is going to be alright. He opened the door and went in frantically. The four males in the house looked at him before pointing upstairs where Minjung’s room is at. “She said she is not feeling well.” Byunghun told him.

Kris thanked him before heading upstairs and went infront of Minjung’s door. He was afraid but mostly nervous because he just could not handle the tears of a woman. He slowly turned the knob and pushed open the door. Minjung’s scent hit him, followed by the sound of her cries. “Minjung!” Kris went to her and she her eyes snapped opened at his voice. At that moment, Kris could hardly care if he is able to comfort her.

“Yifan.” A fresh set of tears filled her eyes and Kris engulfed her in his embrace. They sat on the bed quickly as he rocked her back and forth, hoping she will stop crying soon but her tears just seemed to flow out like it was paid to do so.

“Babe, why are you crying?” He asked as he wiped her tears with his thumb.

Minjung shook her head. “I don’t know. I really don’t. I just feel so sad all of a sudden and my tears just couldn’t stop flowing.” She explained before at the bracelet that was resting on her wrist. She remembered about the flashback she had and looked at Kris. “Yifan, what if EXO was right? What if we really are the reincarnation of the previous king and queen?”

“Babe, what are you talking about?” He frowned a little.

“I’m having these flashbacks, Yifan and those memories do not belong to me. They belong to Yoon Minjung, the previous queen. Why am I having her memories when I am not her reincarnation?” She needed answers to her questions but it seemed like no one will know no matter whom she asked.

“Reincarnations don’t have memories of their previous lives too.” He told her and she realised that he was right. A reincarnation is like a whole new person. They should not have any memories and is born out like any normal person.

“Then why? Why am I having her memories?” She asked in exasperation.

“I do not know, babe. I do not know.” He kissed the back of her head and continued to soothe her.

“Sleep with me tonight? I don’t want to be alone.” She looked at him and a smile formed on his face.

“Anything for you.” He bent down and pressed his lips to hers and she kissed him back.

 

++

The first thing Kris felt when he woke up was the tingles on his body as if it was reacting to something. He had never woken up like that before it was a nice change. Remembering why his body is like this, he opened his eyes and saw the love of his life sleeping peacefully beside him. He loves her; everything about her. He loves how she would blush whenever he kisses her. He loves how sarcastic she is to people she does not like. He loves how cute her expression is when she gets angry and how she will always go to him when she is feeling sad. Most importantly, he loves her for who she is and not someone she pretends to be. “Yifan.” She mumbled as she shifted around and her back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter