Chapter 20

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

*It is not your fault that they died. You guys protected them long enough. It is now my turn to protect you, no matter what it is because you guys had suffered enough.* Minjung knew that there were mind readers so she blocked off anyone from reading her mind. Her heart clenched a little and she smiled sadly. *I promise I will protect them, Yoon Minjung.* Minjung thought and could have sworn that she heard a soft ‘thank you’. 

  Shadow- Beast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y3ZRYQl4Qo  

Kris brought Minjung into the room which belonged to the previous queen upon Suho’s direction. “What the hell was that?” He asked Minjung in frustration. He was so surprised at her sudden suggestion but what made him angry was that she did not even discuss it with him before asking EXO whether they could stay for the night. Minjung opened to explain when a wave of dizziness hit her and she wobbled a little. Kris caught her before she could faint or drop to the ground and made her sit on the bed. “Are you okay?” He asked her when he noticed she was shaking a little. Minjung had been through too much for one night with all the flashbacks and all Kris wants is for her to rest.

“I’m fine.” She told him. She was not sure what just happened but she felt strangely comfortable, like she was in her own room. “Yifan, I’m sorry for not asking you beforehand but I want to stay here. I don’t know how to explain this but just now when I was having those flashbacks, I could feel her emotions, as if I was her. I felt how miserable she was and I want to help her.”

“But what can you do? Pretend that you are her? You are just lying to them.”

“No. I am not going to pretend that I am her. I just want to get close to them and be friends with them. That way they will not feel so much pain and that is what Minjung wants.” She whispered the last part as she placed her palm over her heart.

Kris let out a tired sigh before mumbling an ‘okay’. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her head. He does not know if what she is doing is the right choice but as long as this is what she wants and it makes her happy then he has no objections. “Let’s go to sleep okay?” He kissed the top of her head and they lay comfortably on the bed.

“Wait!” She suddenly sat up before whipping out her phone from her pocket. “I go to call the guys before they get worried.” She talked to herself and dial Taehyung’s number.

Kris watched her with a small smile on his face as he absentmindedly rubbed soothing circles at the back of Minjung’s palm. *If you are going to protect them, then I guess I have to as well.*

 

++

The birds on the branches of the trees chirped as they greeted each other and squirrels played as they chased one another under the trees. Minjung’s eyes snapped opened as she took deep, even breaths. Remembering about what happened yesterday, she slowly sat up and ran a hand through her long, silky locks. She got out of bed and tried to be as quiet as she could so that she will not wake Kris up. Minjung knew that her boyfriend had been through as much as she had and she wanted him to rest more.

Walking towards the table that was against the wall and beside the window, she saw a few photo frames on it and she picked one up. In it were the old Minjung, EXO, Byunghun, Beast, Jaejoong, Sora, Woohyun and Myungsoo. Minjung smiled at the photograph and she felt love spreading throughout her body. *I know you love them.* She thought, as if talking to the old Minjung. *I don’t know why I can feel you but I don’t dislike it. In fact, I feel like we have a bond.*

After looking at the photograph for another minute, she placed it down and saw a note on the table.

 

Wear whatever you want in the closet.

Jaejoong

 

Minjung went to the closet and saw that there were female and male clothes in it. Taking a random shirt and a pair of jeans, she went to the bathroom to change and wash up. She was not even surprised that the clothes fit her perfectly because she guessed it belongs to the old Minjung. When she was done, she came out of the bathroom and saw that Kris was still sleeping. Leaning in, she kissed his forehead before leaving the room. Minjung had no idea where to go. All she saw was rooms and more rooms. She decided to walk down the stairs and the maids bowed when they saw her.

She walked and walked, and somehow ended up at the back of the palace. What made her stop walking was the small garden at the back; the one Areum attends to everyday. Her heart clenched when she saw how weak they looked like. “Beautiful flowers like you guys don’t deserve to die.” Her eyes softened. She wanted to do something to help them but she could not do anything. The sound of soft footsteps in front of her made her looked up and she let out a soft gasp when she saw a beautiful cheetah. Its fur was as black as the night and it has yellow eyes. It looked dangerous but yet it did not scare her. In fact, she felt safe.

She stood up the same time the cheetah took another step forward. It bowed lowly, telling her it does not mean any harm while she just looked at it. *Myungsoo..* A soft voice somewhere in her head whispered and her eyes widened at that voice. It sounded like it belonged to her but she knows that is not the case.

“Myungsoo?” Minjung whispered and the ears of the cheetah pointed upwards. He let out a purr of and trotted towards Minjung. She cautiously reached out and patted his head but he was not satisfied. Using his cold nose, he nudged Minjung’s free hand and she scratched him behind his ears.

“Myungsoo appa?” A voice made them shift their attention to that person. Minjung smiled when she saw Byunghun there and the cheetah turned into a man. Sitting there was Kim Myungsoo and the fringe of his black raven hair fell over, covering his eyes, making him look like a little boy.

“Hey Byunghun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter