Chapter 24

Soulmates III: The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

Minjung pressed her face to the pillow and sobbed quietly. She hated this. She hated the fact that she was weak. She hated how easily it was for Hyunseung to take her away again and she hated how she could not even fight back. *Yifan.. I’m sorry.*

 

My Turn To Cry-- EXO-K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFXjP9umkeY

 

Silence filled the room as the king slept soundly. He was exhausted at whatever that happened. Ever since he got back his memories, he had to take back the position of king and continue his job to maintain peace among the vampires. He also had to call the school and came up with a temporary reason as to why he and Minjung could not attend school. In addition, he followed Minjung around because he did not want to leave her side. He quietly handled everything, not wanting his girlfriend to do anything and just enjoy. She has suffered too much in her life and he just wants her to be happy.

Today was one of the special days where Kris would sleep in and try to replenish himself as much as possible. He was still sleeping when his heart started beating faster without a reason. His eyes suddenly snapped opened and he in a huge gulp of breath while sitting up. Something was wrong; very wrong. *Minjung.* He took his phone from the table bedside the bed and was about to call her when he saw her phone on her side of the bed. *Dammit girl. Why didn’t you bring your phone with you?* He cursed and got out of bed, ignoring the fact that his hair was still sticking out in funny places.

From the moment he felt her fear, he knew she was along, or at least not at home. *Babe, can you hear me?* He tried using their bond too and almost punched something when there was no reply. “Joonmyeon!” Kris rushed down and saw the leader of EXO-K on the couch in the living room, reading a thick book about some war. “Minjung’s in trouble.” Suho immediately flew off his seat and they went to find Daehyun.

“Dae, your mother is in trouble.” Suho swung opened the door to his office. Although Kris is king, Daehyun is still learning how to be one so he can take over once his father steps down. “Where did she go?”

Daehyung’s eyes widened at his uncle’s words before answering the question. “J-Jungmin wanted to go to town with omma. Hyung’s with them.”

Speaking of the devil, Kris’s phone rang and he saw it was Byunghun. “Kris! Omma was kidnapped by either Hyunseung or Seunghyun! Jungmin said it was someone with red hair.” Byunghun shouted into the phone and Kris asked him to come back first.

“Dammit, what do we do now?” Daehyun ran a hand through his hair.

“Don’t worry, I have a plan.” The king assured them.

 

++

Dark clouds heavily drifted by. It was going to rain and Minjung could feel the cold air seeping through the walls of the house. It was like there was something blocking the house. Although the walls are thin, it seemed like the people outside could not hear her cries for help. And also, there must be some sort of magic that prevents her from using her powers and the soulmate bond. She shivered a little from the cold and went to on the heater in the room.

A knock on the door had her head whipping towards it. Hyunseung stepped in with a small smile on his face. He saw that she was on the bed, the blankets around her as she pulled her legs to her chest and rested her chin on it. “Are you hungry? Dinner is ready.” He carefully walked towards her, one step at a time, testing her reaction. Minjung just ignored him and blankly stared at the space in front of her. Letting out a sigh, Hyunseung sat on the other end of the bed. “Are you angry at what I did?” He asked.

Minjung let out a scoff at his obvious question and turned her head towards the other direction so that Hyunseung will only be able to see the back of her head. Silence filled the room as thoughts ran through both of their heads. Hyunseung did not want to hurt her. He wants to cherish her and to make her not afraid of him. He died once and now that he has a second chance, he wants to make Minjung fall for him. As for her, she was thinking about Minah. She could tell Hyunseung about her, but he will never believe her. “Would you believe me if I told you something?” She softly asked and Hyunseung smiled.

“Of course.”

Minjung faced him and he waited for her to say something. “I was at the West that day and I met this person. She was pretty, hardworking and clumsy.” A small smile formed on her lips when she remembered how Minah tripped over her own feet. “I saw her sketchbook. Her drawings were beautiful and realistic, as if it can come to life. Then I saw a drawing of someone. He had red hair and sharp nose. His eyes were neither too big nor too small for his face. He was handsome and then I realised something: that person who she drew was you.” Shock flickered through his eyes but it went as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter