A Forgotten Issue

How Far Will We Go

"Hey." Henry poked the bed again with a toothbrush in his mouth. "Wake up, class starts soon." He was starting to get tired of having to do this. What happened to Aiden who was very meticulous and attentive. He was in such a daze now. He may have broke up with Jessica but still it shouldn't bother his everyday life.

The body of blankets shifted but still no Aiden.

"Dude, it's 8:00, wake up." Henry pulled back the sheets and stepped back with a surprised gasp. "What is this? You..."

Aiden gave a sheepish grin as Jessica snuggled Aiden tighter. She was the culprit. She was the one still sleeping. And Aiden couldn't move anything above his waist, just his legs.

"When did she come in?" Henry asked with a frown. His hands were fluttering with the toothbrush as he it around like a sword. Parts of his toothpaste flew out onto his sheets. Aiden twitched at that sight. Henry cautiously wiped the effected with a grin. "Sorry."

"When you were sleeping." Aiden patted Jessica's softly and brought the sheets back up to cover her. She wasn't wearing the best clothing to cover her body.

"... You didn't do anything dirty while I was still in the room did you?" Henry glared at him. 

"Yes we didn't." Aiden nodded. "I wouldn't do that to you."

"Sure you wouldn't. I would." Henry shrugged with disbelief. "Did you figure everything out with Yuri?"

"Of course I." Aiden smacked his head. He had completely forgotten about that girl. "Do you think she'd be the type to tell the faculty?"

"Hmm." Henry though for a brief moment before rolling his eyes. "Yes she would. That girl is the devil."

"But she likes Jessica." Aiden reasoned. "If she did that, Jessica would get fired and I'd be suspended."

"It looks like you did your research." Henry laughed. "But I'm pretty sure it's a little worse than that."

"Like what, we both get expelled?" Aiden frowned. "It can't be that bad."

"I don't know, I haven't been in that situation before." Henry returned to the bathroom. His friend quickly got ready and waved a goodbye before shuffling out the door.

Aiden tried to sit up but a pair of strong, sleeping hands kept him in a confined position. He looked down at Jessica with a deep smile. His hand slowly coursed through her hair. Thank God they made up. He would have to thank Amber later with a secret about Krystal. Those two have been helping him and Jessica more than he would have expected. 

"It'll work out fine." Aiden agreed as Jessica's eyes slowly fluttered open. He gave her a warm smile as she rubbed her eyes. "Yeah, it'll be just fine."

***

"Did you guys have any questions about the test tomorrow?" Jessica asked the class with a smile. The class that was loud immediately softened into silence. "Does that mean no?"

Yuri was sitting in the back with a hooded jacket. She was glaring at Aiden who was sitting next to Shannon. The people around her were cautious as well, giving her strange glances. Her aura was dark and no one wanted to approach her.

"What's wrong with Yuri?" Shannon asked Aiden. The girl kept glancing back and forth between Aiden and Yuri. "I think she's upset or something." Shannon bit her lip with a frown. 

"I don't know." Aiden muttered looking down at his own paper. "Maybe she ate something bad this morning and it's catching up to her now?"

"I'm going to go talk to her." Shannon got up and moved to Yuri's side.

The two were chatting quietly as Jessica was answering a student's question. Shannon's expression became more confused as time went on.

Aiden was looking at the board with a blank expression as he felt Jessica's hand on him.

"You should pay attention." She gave a warm smile. Her hand was still on his shoulder.

He returned a smile. "Sorry."

"It's fine." Jessica patted his back. Her eyes checked the back of the room, where Yuri was, with a concerned expression. Aiden felt her walk to the back of the class and he felt so tempted to look back but he kept himself from doing so.

He could hear the low voices of them talking. Aiden felt the hairs on the back of his neck bristle as a person walked past him. It was Jessica and her expression was not good. In fact, she looked angry.

Aiden looked back at Yuri, who was glaring at him with daggers. She mouthed. "F**k you."

He looked back to the front without reacting. Okay... She's crazy. Aiden thought she would give up, guess not. She's going to be a big problem. He began to bite his finger, how would he deal with her? The quarter still had a couple weeks left...

"Okay guys, that's all for today." Jessica finished the class early. Clearly, her talk with Yuri troubled her and attempt to avoid any more contact with Yuri made Aiden nervous. What did she say to her?

He was packing his bag as he watched Jessica slip outside quickly without another word.

"That was weird... She's never ended class early." Shannon snuck up behind him and Aiden grabbed his heart as he jumped. She frowned at him. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." Aiden looked around for Yuri. She was gone too. "Where did Yuri go?"

"She left without us?" Shannon looked around with a sigh. "What's wrong with her?"

"I don't know but I'm worried." Aiden looked at the door with a distressed expression.