Old and New Friendships

You & I, Don't Deny Our 'r² π' U-KISS FanFic

Eli and Shinhye stood in awe at each other.

‘Well you always said you wanted to be a Language teacher, I should have guessed you’d be here.’ Eli said trying to ease the tension.

‘Yeah I did always say that, but you never told me you were going to be a singer?’ Shinhye looked slightly upset which made Kevin worried and in.

‘Don’t you think the weather’s good for a first day of school!’ He said sitting down and looking up at them with every bit of aegyo he had.

‘I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want you to be burdened.’ Eli said fully focused on Shinhye.

‘I was ignored…’ Kevin said stropping.

‘So, instead of telling me you were going to be a singer which would ‘burden’ me, you left.’ Shinhye held back her tears as she hated feeling weak towards Eli.

‘Oh, this situation just got bad.’ Xander said to Kibum.

‘I didn’t want to hurt you…’ Eli said grabbing hold of Shinhye’s wrists.

Kiseop moved toward Sunhee, ‘do you know what’s going on, or am I at a loss with a person I’ve known for 2 years…’ He said.

‘I don’t really know either… I met Shinhye at the opening ceremony here. I only know that her middle school days she studied in China?’ She said looking at the couple still in a heated argument.

‘Ahh, China…’ Kiseop looked at the others who realised.

‘Let go of me.’ Shinhye moved away, but Eli still had a tight grip. ‘Elison… stop it.’ Shinhye spoke softly. ‘You left, without even a word.’

Eli loosened his grip then finally let go.

Shinhye started to walk away. ‘Sorry Kevin, I can’t have lunch with you today.’ She smiled though her tears had begun to fall. She walked off the grass and then started to run inside.

Sunhee gave an awkward smile and bow to Kiseop and followed after her.

‘Hyung, what was that about you made Shinhye cry!’ Kevin felt slightly angry and didn’t know why.

‘I know…’

‘But why, what happened between you two, how do you know each other?’ Kevin insisted on knowing everything which made Eli irritated.

‘Kevin!’ Eli stopped and looked down at him on the floor. ‘It’s none of your business.’ Eli moved back and sat down.

‘You know, I thought you and I were close friends, but you’ve never mentioned Shinhye before, and now you won’t even tell me how you know her!’ Kevin got up and ran inside to look for Shinhye.

‘Aish…’ Eli lay back on the grass and waited for the members comments.

‘So, that was awkward.’ Soohyun said, though honestly he was majorly confused.

‘So, you met Shinhye in China?’ Kiseop said.

‘How did you…’

‘Sunhee mentioned Shinhye studied in China…’

‘Oh,’ Eli sat back up. Now he was calm he was prepared to explain. ‘Well, as you say I met her in China, we were studying at the same school, and because we were both foreign we understood and could relate to each other.’

‘So…’ Xander said wanting to know the juicy parts.

‘So we became really close, and began dating, we knew everything about one another, what our dreams were, what we believed in, what he loved and hated.’ Eli let out a big sigh. ‘Then I left to be here.’

‘What so suddenly!’ Kiseop said, always being the romantic one.

‘Wait, how long were you in China for… 2 years?’ Xander said curious of something with a mischievous face.

‘Yeah, about that… why?’ Eli said half away with the fairies.

‘And you dated her for that long?’

‘About a year and 4 months?’

‘Did you…’ Xander started chuckling which made Kibum catch on.

Eli suddenly realised and hit Xander over the head. ‘Yah~ what’s that got to do with you?’

‘He didn’t deny it…’ Dongho said with twinkles in his eyes. ‘Sunbae!’

‘Sunbae-nim!’ Kibum laughed.

‘We didn’t. And what’s with that sudden sparkle in your eyes, ert.’ Eli said getting up to leave the now taunting members.

Kiseop leant over to Soohyun. ‘But that’s not the main problem here…’

‘What do you mean?’ Soohyun said innocently.

‘Kevin obviously likes Shinhye…’ Kiseop said loud enough for Eli to hear as he got closer to the door.

‘Likes? We’ve been here for half a day?’ Soohyun was shocked.

‘I fell in love…’ Dongho said lying on his stomach kicking his legs back and forth.

‘LOVE!!’ The other members squealed.

Eli moved towards Kevin’s classroom. He looked in on Shinhye and Kevin who were alone; Kevin awkwardly put his arm over her shoulder to comfort her. ‘It’s okay’ he said softly.

Eli turned and leant his back against the wall. He clenched his shirt and felt a heavy weight on his heart. ‘I had my chance…’ He said quietly. A tear fell down his cheek and he walked away towards the staircase.

Meanwhile Soohyun and Kiseop were in the cafeteria. They were both talking about even’s sudden struggles and how the group never had the whole ‘girl problem’ thing to deal with before. ‘Hyung what are we going to do about Eli, he’s going to feel awkward here now, and it might put strain on his and Kevin’s friendship.’ Kiseop said worried.

Soohyun, who had finally caught up, shrugged his shoulders. ‘Whatever happens, we gotta stay in this school until we prove ourselves.’ After they finished their food Soohyun shot up, and hit into someone knocking her tray of food all over her. ‘Omo, I’m so sorry…’ He said pulling a tissue from his pocket wiping her face.

She took it from his hand gently and carried on wiping. ‘No worries, I need to watch where I am going anyway…’ She got up brushing what she could off her clothes.

‘Ah, I’m…’

‘Soohyun, I know… there’s a lot of buzz about you 7 you know…’ She said pulling noodles from her hair. ‘I’m Lee Hyunok, nice to meet you.’ She reached out her hand then realised her dinner had made home on it.