Dongho...

You & I, Don't Deny Our 'r² π' U-KISS FanFic

Dongho stood in the 3rdyear hallway contemplating everything Kiseop had told him that night before.

---Flashback~

‘Never look her in the eye…’ Kiseop said nodding. ‘It makes you seem you’re not interested, complement her on one thing, then walk away.’ Kiseop looked at the young Maknae now taking notes. ‘Make it something really plain, like… ‘I like those shoes’

---

Dongho nodded his head and walked closer to Jungeum’s classroom, he saw Xander and Kibum in the doorway with Jungeum and Lia. He turned around and prepared to retreat when Kibum noticed him, ‘Dongho, are you lost?’ He giggled knowing everything that was said last night.

Dongho turned to his hyung and smiled slightly, he walked towards them slowly. ‘Me? Lost, never’ he laughed awkwardly then looked out the window.

‘Lia, I like those shoes…’ Xander said and then walked away back into the classroom.

‘Hyung I was going to say that!’ Dongho blurted.

‘So you like Lia’s shoes…’ Jungeum said nudging Lia teasing her for getting attention.

Dongho felt sudden pressure and shook his head.

‘So you don’t like Lia’s shoes… then why say you do?’ Kibum said getting the Maknae more lost and confused then before.

‘No, I mean, her shoes are nice… but I was going to say that to Jungeum-ssi…’ Dongho suddenly remembered Kiseop’s advice not to pay much attention. ‘Uh, but it doesn’t really matter, I wasn’t really paying THAT much attention to her…’ Dongho self-praised himself slightly in his head thinking he was brilliant.

‘You weren’t paying THAT much attention?’ Jungeum said wanting to flick him in the forehead.

Kibum burst into fits of laughter which made Soohyun walk out the classroom to help the distressed Dongho. ‘Kibum, Xander… stop it.’ He said grabbing hold of Dongho’s shoulders pulling him away.

‘Even I know you did that wrong…’ Soohyun said walking him back to his classroom.

‘I forgot something’ Dongho said not really listening to Soohyun. He turned and sprinted back to classroom. Jungeum and Lia were just making their way through the door way when Dongho started calling out. ‘Wait!’ He ran towards her excitedly, but in a moment of stupidity fell forward.

Kibum laughed out, ‘third member!’

Dongho who was now on top of the crushed girl opened his eyes, knowing he’d definitely done right this time.

‘Get off! Get off!’ Jungeum called. ‘Get off Lia!’

When Dongho looked down he saw Lia in a state of panic. ‘Omo I’m so sorry!’ Dongho said getting up and attempting to help up Lia.

Xander walked out the classroom fast grabbing Lia’s hand and pulling her up to her feet. He kept hold of her hand leading her into the classroom and to her seat. He nodded and let go of her hand, shooting Dongho an angry look he said. ‘Class is about to start.’

Jungeum scrunched her face at Xander’s jealous side. She opened putting her finger on her tongue and made gaging noises, to hint it was disgusting.

Dongho began to walk away and said to himself without realising. ‘Wrong girl…’

Jungeum’s eyes widened. ‘So that’s why…’

At the end of school, Kevin was waiting for Shinhye at the classroom door, after grabbing her things they made their way home, they were walking slowly and awkwardly until they finally reached the park, ‘So I’ll meet you tomorrow morning.’ Shinhye said smiling sweetly to him.

As she turned to walk away Kevin grabbed her around the shoulders. ‘I like you.’

Shinhye was shocked and couldn’t speak.

‘It’s fine if you don’t like me, I just thought I should tell you.’ Kevin released his grip and looked at her, she remained facing away from him so he looked to the floor and said, ‘I’ll go now, see you tomorrow…’

He left Shinhye pondering in thought. She walked towards the swings and began to rock herself backwards and forwards, she tilted her head until it lightly touched the chain that held up the swing. It began to drizzle with rain Shinhye looked out at the abandoned park and stayed rocking.

‘Shinhye, why are you sat in the rain…’ A familiar voice said from behind her. He walked beside her and sat on the swing next to her. ‘You’ll catch a cold.’

She glanced at him already knowing it was Eli. ‘Kevin confessed.’

‘So you’re sitting in the rain…’ He smirked.

She looked away and smiled. ‘Don’t you know I always sit in the rain when someone confesses?’

‘Really?’ He laughed. ‘It didn’t rain the day I confessed.’

‘I couldn’t go and sit in the rain then, you were so nervous it looked like you were going to cry!’ She laughed and then stopped realising she may have said too much.

Nevertheless Eli laughed and made Shinhye feel relieved. They both smiled at each other, Shinhye then remembered Kevin. ‘You don’t know what to do?’

‘There’s two things I’m not sure about’ she said trying to shield herself from the rain with her hands.

Eli pulled an umbrella from his bag and passed it to her. ‘Here, and anything I can help with?’

‘Thank you…’ She took the umbrella standing up pulling Eli to his feet to share. ‘And no, it’s a fight between my head and my heart…’ They started to walk to the exit of the park.

‘Really, what’s winning?’ Eli laughed leaning down to be under the umbrella.

‘I don’t know, but my heart is very persuasive.’

Eli looked at her half puzzled. He couldn’t help wondering what she meant but knew he didn’t want to burden her by asking. Leaning towards her he was extremely close to her face, he felt he shouldn’t be careless but didn’t want to move. ‘Hearts can be persuasive…’ He laughed.

She laughed at looked up to him quickly not realising he was so close, their lips touched. The two were shocked, but didn’t move. Shinhye closed her eyes and dropped the umbrella grabbing the front of his jacket.