Chapter 30

You & I, Don't Deny Our 'r² π' U-KISS FanFic

After dinner Sunhee and her mum was cleaning up whilst her dad took Kiseop upstairs to show him her room and to talk to him in general away from Sunhee and her mum. ‘So how was the food?’ He asked.

‘It was great, you married well.’ Kiseop smiled.

He laughed. ‘Of course, my childhood friend and first love… that’s how I cope with her mood swings.’ He winked.

Kiseop nodded. ‘So this is Sunhee’s room?’ He said looking at the posters on the wall. ‘She like’s Shinee…’

‘Yep Taemin’s her favourite until you came along she was obsessed with him.’ He chuckled at Kiseop’s jealous face. ‘But don’t worry she doesn’t talk much about him anymore.’

Kiseop chuckled then her dad sat him on the desk chair and took a seat on her bed. ‘Is there something you want to talk about?’

‘Yes… this schooling? Is it a permanent thing?’ He said slowly.

Kiseop shrugged. ‘Honestly sir, I’m not too sure. The company want us to improve but I think we have a long way to go, because we’ve already debuted as well, it’s hard to say-’

‘If it’s not permanent please don’t date my daughter.’ He said sighing.

‘Sir?’ Kiseop became confused… why was he suddenly against it.

‘My daughter has lived in a fantasy of someone for so long, now she’s got you I worry she’ll go back to being her reserved self if you become famous again and she stays here with only a phone call when you’re not busy.’ He looked straight at Kiseop with a sincere heart. ‘I don’t expect you to listen to me, I mean kids these days are very strong minded. I understand… but I want you to think of the bigger picture in all this, where will you be in a couple years? Japan, London, New York… Korean music these days are all over the world, I don’t want my daughter to feel left behind when your career truly does hit a high.’

Kiseop nodded understanding everything he said. ‘But I don’t think I could end it with her… this schooling might not be a permanent fixture but something that is to me is your daughter… I can’t completely understand your feelings until the day I become a father myself, but I can tell you if there was a time she would feel lonely I would do my best to be by her side.’

Her dad got up and yawned. ‘I’ve said what I initially wanted to say the only thing left is for you two together to decide.’ He left the room and as Kiseop got up to follow he noticed Sunhee at the top of the stairs she noticed her dads’ stiff expression.

‘Are you okay? What did he say?’ Sunhee said taking him back in her room.

He smiled towards her. ‘He-’ he stopped and thought should I tell her? ‘-asked me to stop seeing you if my schooling with you wasn’t permanent.’

She frowned. ‘I knew it… he was being way to nice downstairs.’

‘He was nice up here too, sincere… he is really worried.’ Kiseop said looking towards her.

She made a confused face. ‘Are you thinking about it? I thought you said no one could break us up!’

‘No one could…’ He said thinking some more. ‘But tell me; if I left school for a comeback, we practically live in our practice studio before a comeback… would you be prepared to wait for me?’ He grabbed her hands. ‘I don’t often have breaks, what time we spend together now will be completely gone… I will only see you once, twice a month? Phone calls? 3 times a week maybe at a maximum… I’d want to see you but with promotions it wouldn’t be possible.’

‘You’re breaking up with me.’ She said as a tear hit her cheek. ‘You said no one would break us up… yet it’s become like this?’

Kiseop caressed her face and wiped the tear off her cheek with his thumb. ‘I’m not breaking up with you, I want you to know the sort of commitment there is being an idol’s girlfriend…’

She looked to him and moved his hands from her face. ‘If it was you, what would you do?’

‘Huh?’

‘If I was the idol… would you continue dating me?’ Sunhee said begging for an answer that would make her feel better.