Christmas Kiss

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Days and weeks has past since Baekhyun met Chanyeol and his friends. Ever since the day they came to his house Baekhyun's life has somehow become better and easier. Baekhyun hangs out with Chanyeol nearly every single day and sometimes the others come along with them. Baekhyun thought that he would never be able to make friends with people like Chanyeol and the others because he's just a bullied young man. But he was wrong.

Baekhyun dares to say that he and Chanyeol has become great friends, even though that isn't what he really wants. But he doesn't mind being one of Chanyeol's closest friends. The past weeks has been amazing if you ask Baekhyun. He found the courage to talk with Chanyeol about the therapist that Mr Choi wants him to go and see and he's glad that he told Chanyeol about it. Chanyeol listened patiently to what Baekhyun had to say and then told him what he thought about it.

Being able to tell someone about your problems is something amazing and wonderful. Thanks to Chanyeol, Baekhyun could nicely tell Mr Choi that he doesn't need the therapist and that he's thankful for his concern. Thanks to Chanyeol, a lot of problems and argues was avoided. Besides all that, Baekhyun feels really happy to be able to share his problems and secrets with someone.

Chanyeol follows Baekhyun home after school mostly of the days and sometimes the others come along. Sometimes the others have something more important to do, but Baekhyun doesn't mind being alone with Chanyeol. Honestly, he's really glad that he get a couple of days alone with Chanyeol every week. Now after he has spent countless of hours with Chanyeol, he knows him better and his feelings for Chanyeol has developed even more than what he thought they would do.

The winter is finally here and soon it's time for the yearly Christmas break. During Christmas you usually visit relatives and are spending time with your family, but Baekhyun won't be doing that. His parents hasn't talked with him for months and he has no one else he can turn to. Chanyeol offered Baekhyun to come and celebrate Christmas with him and the others, but Baekhyun respectfully declined.

Why did he decline Chanyeol's offer? Because something tells Baekhyun that Chanyeol and his friends are more like a family and he doesn't feel like he fully belong among them just yet. He loves his friends dearly, but he wants them to have their private life as well. Besides, Baekhyun doesn't even want to celebrate Christmas anyway.

So here it is, the wonderful Christmas break. Baekhyun is sitting home alone in his big house that isn't decorated with Christmas decoration like the other houses. Baekhyun scrolls through a couple of old photo albums in hope to cheer himself up. He remembers the time when he was younger and was celebrating Christmas with his grandparents. That Christmas he got probably the greatest gift he ever could have imagined: a piano.

Baekhyun loved to play the piano, but lately he has been too scared to touch the piano. He's afraid to break one of the precious things his grandparents gave him. The piano means a lot to him and it carries more value than Baekhyun's life. He still goes up stairs where and into the piano room where his piano stands and he sometimes just press done one key to make sure it's still working. He cleans it from time to time too, but the last time he actually played on it is a long time ago.

Baekhyun sighs quietly and closes the photo album slowly. He suddenly feels lonely and a little depressed. He can't believe that he actually regrets turning down Chanyeol's offer to celebrate Christmas with him and his friends. But it's their special time and they are probably busy with their traditional way of celebrating Christmas. Even though Baekhyun tries to convince himself that it was the right choice to turn Chanyeol's offer down, he can't stop feeling like he's on the bottom of a sea.

Baekhyun sighs once again before he gets up of the couch. He accidentally drops the photo album in the middle of his thoughts and a small picture flies out of the book. He quickly picks up picture and the book, but he stops when he sees the picture in his hand. His grandparents are smiling proudly towards the camera with the 9 years old Baekhyun standing between them. Behind them is the new bought piano that Baekhyun got from his precious grandparents.

Baekhyun smiles when he sees the photo. He remembers that he had jumped around like a rabbit and he hugged both his grandparents as happy he got. When he was 9 years old he already knew how to play on the piano, he had taken piano classes for around two years and wanted to have his own piano. Back then he used to sing and play at the piano the whole time and his grandparents said that he had a beautiful voice, but Baekhyun has never let anyone else hear him sing except for his grandparents.

A sudden urge grabs Baekhyun as he quickly puts the photo back into the photo book and puts it to the side. He doesn't know why but the urge to go upstairs and play on the piano suddenly became really strong. Baekhyun misses the happy, but painful tones from the piano. He misses the feeling of putting his fingers against the keys and lightly press them down. He misses to let himself get lost in the tones and play till his heart can't handle all the feelings anymore.

Baekhyun quickly walks over to the stairs and walks up to the second floor. He's rarely up here except when he needs to clean or fetch something. Baekhyun walks over to the piano room and slowly steps inside. He stares at the big black piano that stand in the middle of the room; it's still beautiful. Baekhyun walks over and automatically the top of the piano with his hand.

He slowly sits down by the piano and lets his hands carefully touch the piano keys. He has missed the feeling of sitting here so much. He slowly remembers a song that he used to play a lot when he was younger and lets his fingers do the work. His fingers remembers the piano keys perfectly, even though he hasn't played for a couple of years now. Baekhyun smiles as he lets himself get lost in the music.

The piano makes a beautiful sound that fills the usually quiet house. The whole house is filled with the beautiful tones from the piano. Baekhyun can't explain how but it feels like the house is slowly waking up again from a long slumber. It feels like it become more lively thanks to the beautiful melodies that comes from the piano. When Baekhyun plays, nothing can harm him. He's in his own world and he doesn't care about what everyone else say or do. He doesn't hear or see anything, it's just him and his piano.

Baekhyun plays for hours. He plays new as old songs and he even try to remember a couple of songs he remembers he wrote himself. When he's sitting here by himself with his piano, nothing seems to be a problem. The house is lively and he doesn't feel as lonely while playing the piano. Why haven't he tried to play on the piano earlier?

Baekhyun suddenly gets interrupted when the sound of the doorbell echoes through the house. Baekhyun stops playing right away and sighs quietly; he had just gotten into the feeling of playing so freely. Baekhyun gets up of the chair and gently the top of the piano once more before he leaves the room.

On his way to the front door Baekhyun takes a quick look at the time; it's already 6 pm. 'Who's ringing my doorbell on Christmas eve of all times? Everyone should be busy with celebrating and eating by now. Maybe someone needs help?' Baekhyun opens the door and looks outside to see who's ringing his doorbell. To his surprise eleven young men stands outside his door and smiles happily at him.


 

“Merry Christmas Baekhyun!”
“W-What are you doing here?”


 

Baekhyun blinks dumbly at the elven young men who are standing outside his door. He can't believe his eyes: what are they doing here? Outside his very door stands Chanyeol and his friends. They're all smiling at Baekhyun and waits for him to snap out of the shock he's in.


 

“Oh sorry, I spaced out a little. What are you doing here?”
“We can't let you be alone on Christmas eve! Are you crazy or something?!”
“Yeah, I want to play with my new hyung!”
“Oh... But I told you-”
“We can't accept you being alone, you can't change our minds.”
“Okay then, welcome in.”


 

Baekhyun steps aside and lets his friends into the house so they can escape the cold. Well he thought they would just come and say hi, but they have brought food, gifts and some other things with them. Kai is even carrying a freaking Christmas tree and smiles a little while he walks in to set it up. Sehun grabs Baekhyun's hand and hurries in after Kai and then grabs a box filled with the decoration to the Christmas tree.


 

“Let's fix this up quickly so we can play some games hyung!”
“T-Take it easy with me Sehun, I'm still in shock!”


 

Baekhyun is still in a shock, but he wakes up from it after a while. Sehun and Baekhyun helps Kai to decorate the Christmas tree while D.O, Lay, Chen and Kris fix the dinner. Tao, Luhan, Xiumin and Chanyeol decorated the rest of the house. Suho is still fixing the gifts and makes sure that the boys haven't forgotten anything. Sehun, Kai and Baekhyun are finally done with decorating or nearly done. It is only the poinsettia (the star) left to put on.

Sehun and Kai are very tall; Sehun is 181 cm tall and Kai is 182 cm tall. But they're still too short to reach the top without knocking the whole tree ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter