The Bullied Boy

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

It is an ordinary day for Baekhyun. He gets up early in the morning, eats breakfast, fixes his hair, gets dressed and packs his things before he has to walk towards school. He begins to walk to school after only a couple of minutes after he woke up. No one says goodbye to him when he leaves home, because no one else is living with him.

Baekhyun walks down the street while looking around and sees children say goodbye to their parents and run towards their school. Baekhyun misses the time when he was as young as them, but even at that time he had a hard time. No one wanted to play with him, no one wanted to hear him utter a word. Baekhyun was often seen as the quiet and shy boy and after a couple of years, he finally became the quiet and shy boy he wasn't at first. He became like this because he was alone mostly of the time.

Baekhyun looks up at the beautiful trees with the leaves that are changing color from beautiful green to brown, orange, red or yellow. Baekhyun smiles slightly towards the trees, even though he has no reason to do so. He tries to enjoy the small things in life, mostly because those are the only things that he's able to enjoy on his own.

After walking for a couple of minutes, Baekhyun enters his school building. He doesn't dare to look up at his classmates or the older students, he knows that it's foolish if he does. He just walks slowly towards his locker and keeps his eyes down at the floor while trying to not look up. He suddenly receives a fast and quite hard punch at the arm out of nowhere, which makes him look up. Baekhyun stares at one of the worst bullies in school whom are standing in front of him with a scary grin on his lips.


 

“Good morning Baekhyun.”
“G-Good M-Morning.”


 

Baekhyun has a problem when it comes to talk. He has become very shy and doesn't like to open his mouth. The bully just smiles and lets Baekhyun continue to walk, which is a little shocking. 'He just let me walk away today... Why isn't he trying to drag me to the bathroom and give me a round?' Baekhyun feels suspicious, but doesn't have time to think too much about his meeting with the bully at the moment.

Baekhyun continues to walk down the corridor and happens to look up just before he is about to stop and open his locker. Baekhyun's eyes falls on a tall young man who happens to look at him at the exact time Baekhyun looked up at him. Baekhyun looks away quickly; he's scared to meet the tall young man's gaze. 'That guy... Looked normal at me...? I must have seen wrong...' Baekhyun feels a little special, even though he knows that he might have imagined what he saw. The young man didn't look pissed or teasingly at him, he just gave him a normal gaze.

Baekhyun snaps out of his thoughts and turns to his locker and opens it. For a very short moment he forgot where he is and who he is and opened his locker without thinking. Inside his locker is a big water balloon falls out right away and hits Baekhyun's head with a loud splash; he gets soaking wet in nearly two seconds. Laughter fills the corridor while Baekhyun looks up to receive a mean glance from the prank king, Baekhyun's worst bully.

Baekhyun sighs quietly; of course he is going to have a hard day today as well. Baekhyun takes his things and closes his locker while looking down at the floor. He begins to walk to his class while receiving a couple of light punches from teasing students and the girls just smiles disgusted at him before they slap the boys head lightly. Baekhyun just bites his lip and tries to keep his emotions in check, but Baekhyun can't hold back the bitter feeling of depression that is hanging over him.

Baekhyun enters the classroom as quickly as he can. He's one of the first persons who gets in. As usual his favorite teacher Mr. Choi is sitting by his desk and looks out at the classroom. Mr. Choi is a charming man; he must be around 25 years old, not older. He takes a look over at Baekhyun and lifts one of his eyebrows. 'Oh no, he's going to ask what has happened to me! What do I do?!'


 

“Either you just washed your hair with your clothes on or something else happened.”
“W-Well a water hose burst and I-I didn't see the water stream and...”
“I get it, you don't need to explain further. You better try to fix your bad luck or I will start wondering why you're so unlucky all the time. It's either dogs or cats chasing you or you tipping on your way to school and now water hoses burst and make you soaking wet. You're surely unlucky Mr. Byun.”
“I-I will try to fix my luck.”


 

Baekhyun hurries to take his seat in the back of the classroom; the only seat where he can be alone. If he sits too close the windows, he gets the girls mean words over him. If he sits too close to the front he gets the boys punches and sometimes they throw their pens or papers at him, but nothing else. Baekhyun takes up his notebook; he loves to scribble. It makes him think about other things, but sadly enough only for a while.

Students begins to fill the classroom. Some students give him mean glances and some students even walk over and ask if Baekhyun needs to take another shower. Baekhyun just looks down at his notebook and continues to scribble on it in hope that no one will try another prank on him.

Soon Mr. Choi begins the class, but he looks over at the door all the time. Baekhyun notices how Mr. Choi glances over at the door quite quickly and he can't help himself but to wonder what is going on. Mr. Choi is usually concentrated on the whiteboard only or on the book he's holding. Soon it knocks at the door and Mr. Choi opens it right away and smiles brightly at the principal who steps into the classroom.


 

“Good morning students. How are you today?”
“Good Morning Mrs. Kim.”


 

Mrs. Kim is Baekhyun's principal and is a very bright person. She loves to talk and often stops students when she has time to talk a little. She comes to the classes sometimes and just sits there to make sure that everything is going smoothly and that the teacher and students treat each other well.


 

“I have some news for you. We have a couple of new students and we have to remove some students from this class to the other class. Those I count up come with me, the rest just stay here and greet your new classmates.”


 

Baekhyun looks shocked up at the principal: why are they changing the classes all of a sudden? Mrs. Kim counts up the students that she will take with her to the parallel class and among them is the worst bully in the class. Baekhyun can't help to feel a little relieved: maybe he can actually have some space from all the bullying now?

The students gets up and follow the principal who smiles big before she walks out of the classroom. Mr. Choi smiles to the rest of the students, even though there aren't many students left from the previous class. Well Baekhyun's class never were a very big one to begin with. Mr. Choi looks out through the door and calls in the people who are waiting outside the classroom. The persons are only young men; eleven young men.


 

“Well class, this is our new students. Some of them are from China, but mostly of them are from here. Please welcome them into the class.”
“Annyeong everyone, I'm Suho and this is my friends. Please take well care of us.”
“Please take a seat so we can begin the lesson with checking who's left in this class.”


 

Baekhyun looks careful up at the new boys and freezes slightly when he sees the tall young man he happened to look at earlier. The young man seems to see Baekhyun who hurries to look down at his bench again.' ! He caught me staring at him again! Idiot, idiot, idiot! Why must I be an idiot who stares at people?' The tall boy smiles and walks over to Baekhyun to sit down beside him. Baekhyun doesn't dare to look up, he's too scared to get bullied or receive another mean smile.


 

“Well, lets begin then. Wu Yifan?”
“Please call me Kris.”
“I see that your second name is Kris, so it's understandable. Is Kim Joonmyun here?”
“I'm over here Mr. Choi. Please call me Suho.”
“Okay, Suho it is. Kim Minseok?”
“Call me Xiumin or Baozi!”
“Okay... What about Zhang Yixing?”
“Call me Lay, but I'm here.”
“O-Okay... Kim Jongdae?”
“Chenchen is over here!”
“Chen is it uh? Then do we have a Kim Jongin here?”
“A.k.a Kai. I'm over here sir.”
“Xi Luhan?”
“I'm over here.”
“Huang Zitao?”
“Call me Tao~!”
“Uhm... Sure. Anyone who is called Do Kyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter