Picnic Under The Stars

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sits at home and is waiting for Chanyeol to come by. His lovely boyfriend has come by every single day since he came back home which isn't weird. He mostly comes here every single day because he wants to make up to Baekhyun after he left him alone for three months, but he also come here because he misses him.

Mr. Byun, Baekhyun's father, has been very strict when it comes him dating Chanyeol. As fast Chanyeol had left the house the first time they met, he wanted to talk with Baekhyun in private without Mrs. Byun (Baekhyun's mother). Baekhyun's father ahd told him to be careful around Chanyeol and to not trust him too quickly. He told him that some guys are sadly enough bastards who go behind their boyfriend's/girlfriend's back and cheats on them with someone else.

Baekhyun knows very well that his father only means well, but it makes him slightly upset to hear his father talk like this about Chanyeol. But he doesn't know Chanyeol. He doesn't know that Chanyeol is a trustworthy young man who is protecting Baekhyun. He doesn't know how Chanyeol has helped him out of his depression and misery. He doesn't know that Chanyeol is a vampire and that there is no point for him to cheat on Baekhyun.

Mrs Byun on the other hand loves to have Chanyeol around. She loves to see Baekhyun smile and to see him happy, even though she doesn't say it out loud. She asks Baekhyun all the time if Chanyeol is coming by and if he's staying over for dinner. At first Baekhyun thought his mother actually had fallen in love with Chanyeol, but after watching her for a while he realized that she's only happy for him.

Anyways, Baekhyun is sitting in his room with little Bacon. They're sitting on the floor while Baekhyun is teaching Bacon how to play dead, how to dance, how to sit, how to lie down and roll around, how to speak (or rather bark) and lastly how to shake hands (or should he say paw?). Baekhyun treats his little puppy like a human; he talks to him like he's his best friend, he plays with him like he would with a child and he treats him gently and gives him lots of love like he's his own baby. Of course he scolds Bacon when he does something bad and he makes sure that he won't become spoiled, but he also gives him lots of love.

Baekhyun is busy with playing with Bacon. He pets him, tickles him and throws toys across the room. They're both having lots of fun and it feels like no one can ruin their fun. Baekhyun suddenly hears his mother's voice echo through the whole house as he stops playing with Bacon.


 

“Baekhyun! Can you come out for a second?!”
“Coming mom! Did you hear that Bacon? Mom is calling me, so I must go. But you can stay here. Sit and stay, okay?”


 

Baekhyun commands Bacon to stay before he gets up of the floor and hurries out of his room. He walks over to the living room where his mother stands and waits for him to come. She smiles like a fool as she points towards the front door. Baekhyun feels confused as he walks over to the door to find a well dressed man waiting with a big smile on his lips. Baekhyun stops and nearly gasps at his handsome boyfriend; he's so handsome.


 

“C-Chanyeol...? Why are you dressed up like that?”


 

Baekhyun struggles to not drool; Chanyeol seriously looks so handsome at the moment. Chanyeol smiles one of his charming smiles as he leans against the wall.


 

“I'm taking you out, so get dressed. We're going out for dinner.”
“A date? Today?”
“Yes, so dress up! Come here, don't just stand there!”


 

Baekhyun's mother giggles happily as she grabs Baekhyun's hand to pull him over to his room. They hurry inside before his mother starts looking through his clothes. Baekhyun lets his mother help him out for once before he gets dressed quickly. Little Bacon is still sitting on the floor and watches them silently. Baekhyun's mother fixes his hair as Baekhyun straightens his shirt he's wearing.


 

“Remember to not come home too late and don't do anything stupid out there. Be careful, okay?”
“Mom I'm going to be careful, I have Chanyeol with me.”
“Good and little Bacon staying here with us.”
“He hasn't moved yet? Good boy! You're such a smart little cute boy! Who's a good boy? Yes you are! Here you go my little Bacon!”


 

Baekhyun giggles to himself and gives Bacon a dog candy before he gets up and walks out to Chanyeol. He smiles at Chanyeol like nothing has happened, but he knows that Chanyeol heard him talk to Bacon. He knows that Chanyeol heard him talk with his mother as well, but he pretends like he hasn't heard a thing.


 

“Well, we're off then. See you later.”
“Stop right there! You young man are going to take him home before midnight, understood? If you're even one minute late, you're dead.”
“Dad! Stop acting like I'm your daughter! I'm your freaking son! Chanyeol is nice, we won't be too late.”
“You better be on time.”


 

Baekhyun thinks his parents are so awkward sometimes, especially his father when he's acting like this. Chanyeol just bows and grabs Baekhyun's hand before they leave. Baekhyun sighs tired as they walk down the street together. Baekhyun glances over at Chanyeol once again and takes a closer look at his outfit. Chanyeol is wearing black jeans, a t-shirt and a nice blazer over it. He looks really good. Baekhyun looks down at himself and stares at his own jeans and his hoddie like shirt: is he really dressed good enough?


 

“So where are we going?”
“To the best restaurant in town.”
“We only have two restaurants here, so one off them I guess.”
“Nope, to D.O's prepared picnic.”
“Picnic? Haha, you're so cute! You said the towns best restaurant and you meant D.O's cooking! You're totally right, D.O's cooking is the best.”
“I hope you like strawberries and cherries to dessert.”


 

Baekhyun giggles as he grabs Chanyeol's hand tighter. Chanyeol knows very well that Baekhyun loves strawberries and cherries. Chanyeol smiles teasingly and Baekhyun answer with a smirk on his lips. He seriously loves Chanyeol so much.


 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Being close to Baekhyun again is a huge relief. When Chanyeol was forced to stay away from Baekhyun, his whole world turned upside down. Chanyeol nearly felt more depressed than he has ever felt and it felt like an endless darkness surrounded him. He felt scared to lose Baekhyun and he begun to feel slightly paranoid. But now everything feels fine again.

When Chanyeol is with Baekhyun everything seems so simple. The darkness around him disappears and his heart gets filled with happiness and joy once more. Without Baekhyun he feels cold and dark, even though he has Suho and the others. But Chanyeol can't help but to wonder: does Baekhyun feel the same like him? Does he feel better with Chanyeol around?

Honestly Chanyeol can't tell what Baekhyun is thinking or feeling, but he wants to believe that he makes Baekhyun happier. He wants to believe that he makes Baekhyun feel the warmth and the happiness from the light world. He knows very well that Baekhyun is trapped inside his own darkness, just like himself. But together they might be able to break free to the bright side of life.

Now when Chanyeol thinks back to the day when he met Baekhyun, he remembers he thought that Baekhyun didn't have dark thoughts. He remembers that after getting to know Baekhyun he felt happier, like he had stepped out into the sunshine during a sunny day. He felt slightly scared to stand in the light, but he noticed how warm and gentle it felt. Now he's still scared to lose Baekhyun, to lose his light and happiness. But everything should be alright, he doesn't need to think too much about it.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun finally arrive to the park where D.O and the others has put up a picnic for them. Baekhyun smiles happily at the romantic spot they have created. The park is quite empty on people, but it's not creepy. The blanket is laid out on the ground with rose pedals over it. The basket stands by the blanket's side and is waiting for them to join it. Baekhyun looks up at Chanyeol with dazzling; Chanyeol has never seen Baekhyun look at him this way before.


 

“You seriously... planned this?”
“Mm, I did. Do you like it?”


 

Baekhyun is smiling like a fool while he nods happily. Chanyeol smiles as they sit down on the blanket. Chanyeol takes out the food of the basket and handles mostly of it to Baekhyun, but he still eats a little of it. They talk and laugh while enjoying each other and their company. Chanyeol listen to every word Baekhyun speaks as he smiles like a fool; it feels like he will never get tired of hearing his voice.


 

“And then Bacon just jumped out of the bath tube! You should have seen him, he was covered in bubbles and all!”


 

Baekhyun smiles his beautiful smile while talking excited about Bacon. Chanyeol listens to his stories and enjoys Baekhyun's voice as much as he can. One day Baekhyun might be gone and Chanyeol might never hear his voice ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter