The Light And The Dark One

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sits down onto the couch before he looks up at the five young men in front of him. They're all staring at him like he's some kind of animal at a Zoo. Chanyeol smiles slightly, but the seriousness in Onew's eyes kills his smile quickly. Chanyeol had to leave Baekhyun early this morning, earlier than expected, because the older ones wanted to talk with him.

So here he is sitting in front of five old vampires that look both young and handsome. They're all staring at him like he's an animal at the Zoo, but at the same time there is a seriousness in the air that makes it feel more like a meeting. All Chanyeol knows is that they want to talk about Baekhyun, but he doesn't know more than that.


 

“Do you know why we are here?”
“No, I don't.”
“It's about Baekhyun, your so called human boyfriend.”
“What do you mean with so called? He is my boyfriend.”
“Idiot, we talking about the human part. This is what we tried to tell you yesterday and we think you really need to know about this.”
“Know about what?”
“Your little boyfriend isn't human Chanyeol, he has never been and will never be one.”
“What?!”


 

Chanyeol stares at Onew who nods seriously. They can't be serious, Baekhyun isn't human?! This must be a joke! Even though Chanyeol wants to believe that all this is a joke, he can't stop feeling the seriousness from the older ones in front of him. This isn't a joke, they're dead serious. But if Baekhyun isn't a human, what is he? A werewolf? No, Chanyeol would have sensed it a long time ago.


 

“W-What is he?”
“Something that is really close to human.”
“Just tell me what he is!”
“He's a...”


 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun smiles at a couple of old pictures he had found in his bookshelf by mistake. Yes he is looking through his bookshelf which wasn't really supposed to happen. First he was going to find a good book to read, but then some photos fell down from the bookshelf and he couldn't help but to begin to look through all the old photos he has gathered here.


 

“Look Bacon, this is my grandparents. I wish you would have met them, the would have loved you. I already know what granny would have said: He looks just like you!”


 

Baekhyun giggles a little while Bacon curiously sniffs the photo before barking at it. Baekhyun sighs silently and begins to look around for more of those wonderful pictures. It is then he happens to see a funny picture of his friends. Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, Suho, D.O, Kris, Tao, Xiumin, Chen, Lay and Luhan are all smiling towards him while making silly faces.


 

“When did they take this picture? They look crazy, don't they? I think it was that night when we were having a movie night and I fell asleep almost right away. Haha, look at them Bacon.”


 

The dog barks happily while seeing his master smile and laugh at the picture. Pictures contains so many memories, it's almost scary how happy or sad you can become by looking at a picture only. Baekhyun puts away the photos he just found before he will start crying. It feels like he will start crying and break down if he keeps seeing all those happy memories. He never understands why he feels like crying like this, but he begins to cry nearly every time he takes a look at the old photos.


 

“I wonder how they can go on like this? I mean living forever must be a little lonely sometimes, right? I mean going around on Earth until we humans destroy it with wars and other stuff, is that really fun? And what about love? What will happened when I'm getting too old for Chanyeol?”


 

Baekhyun looks at his dog who barks cutely at him. He doesn't understand anything Baekhyun says, but he's so cute. Baekhyun picks up his little dog and pets his head while staring down on the last picture on the floor. A smile sneaks upon Baekhyun's lips while he stares at Chanyeol who is smiling brightly to the camera. Baekhyun remembers this very well, Chanyeol and he had been up almost the whole night and Baekhyun just felt like taking a couple of pictures of Chanyeol. This is his favorite picture of his lovely boyfriend.

But staring at the picture makes Baekhyun feel anxious and upset. It makes him cry and he knows why. Right now, he wishes that he hadn't fallen in love with Chanyeol. Chanyeol is going to stay young and healthy forever, but Baekhyun will get old and die. How will Chanyeol feel when he dies? How will Baekhyun feel when Chanyeol walks away from him?

It feels like someone stabs his heart every single time he thinks about this. He loves Chanyeol so dearly and he is happy that they're together, but in the end it will hurt them even more. He thinks that Chanyeol will feel mostly of the pain when it's time for them to go separated ways, because he will have to walk on Earth alone again until he finds someone else to replace Baekhyun with.

Baekhyun feels even more hurt now. Chanyeol will find someone else to love after he's gone. He might not find someone right away, but eventually he needs to move on and he will find someone to love again. Baekhyun feels how tears begins to stream down his cheeks as he tries to hold his breathing steady. He really doesn't want to cry, but all this pain suddenly overwhelmed him from nowhere.

Little Bacon stares up at Baekhyun who is crying. The puppy doesn't understand why his owner suddenly began to cry. As the cute little puppy he is, he jumps up with his front paws on Baekhyun's chest to reach the boy's face with his tongue to away the tears. The puppy wants to comfort his poor owner who smiles slightly at his puppy.


 

“Thank you Bacon, you're the best.”


 

Baekhyun hugs his little puppy before he begins to wipe away his own tears. Deep inside of him he knows what he has to do if he doesn't want to get separated from Chanyeol or give him this pain he's feeling. He wants Chanyeol to be his, but it's impossible for them to stay together if things continue like this. They both know it, yet they pretend like it's not a problem.

Baekhyun has thought about what Chanyeol once told him. If Chanyeol turns him into a vampire, there won't be any problem with someone dying. But Baekhyun is scared. He doesn't know what will happen after he's a vampire. What if they fail and Baekhyun's dies earlier than expected? Or what if Chanyeol leaves him after a couple of years? Or what if one of them gets killed?


 

“No, I don't want to think about this.”


 

Baekhyun gets up of the floor and puts away the last picture of Chanyeol before he walks over to his room. He tries to come up with something else to think about since he doesn't want to feel this upset and hurt. Bacon barks loudly before he jumps down from Baekhyun's arms before he runs around in the room. Baekhyun watches the puppy a little amused before the little fluffy ball gets tired and jumps up on Baekhyun's bed to rest.


 

“You're so weird sometimes. What's the point in running around until you're tired?”


 

Baekhyun sits down on the bed and pets his tired puppy before he begins to think about his and Chanyeol's problem again. They will get tired of this curse, won't they? But he really wants to be with Chanyeol, even though they don't know if they're going to stay together forever or not. What if they fight and breakup?

Baekhyun looks at his desk and sees a picture of Bacon on it. Baekhyun loves pictures, they can bring out laughter, but also tears. Baekhyun was always sad before, he never saw the light around him and he was always negative about himself. Chanyeol says that he lives in the light world, but Baekhyun feels the darkness around him all the time.

Chanyeol on the other side lives in the dark world, but he's the one with the light. He's smiling all the time and is always cheerful, no matter what. Baekhyun wishes he can think like Chanyeol. Maybe you learn after a couple of hundred years that there is no point in goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter