Red Eyes

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun walks quietly to the dressing room with the new classmates beside him. They talk like usual with each other while Baekhyun walks there in the middle, too shy to say something or he's just not sure what to say. He mostly listens and tries to not look too nervous or embarrassed with the new classmates who are weirdly enough friendly towards him.

The boys split up in the dressing room and begin to change clothes nearly right away. Baekhyun is just sitting on his bench and waits until the room will get empty so he can change his clothes as well. He doesn't want anyone to see the wounds, the bruises or the blood left on his skin. His wounded body is the sign of him being defeated by the bullies. So while waiting for the dressing room to get empty, Baekhyun pretends to look through his phone, like it is something important going on.

After a while the new classmates, Chanyeol and his friends, says goodbye to Baekhyun and leaves with the rest of boys. The dressing room is finally empty and Baekhyun can finally change his clothes. He takes his time; he's not in a hurry anyways. He drags of his shirt and watches the bruises he has; they are many and very painful. Baekhyun puts on another shirt over his bruises and hurries to get dressed so he can leave school. He just wants to go home, even though he's a little scared that some bullies are still waiting for him outside the school building.

Baekhyun walks down the empty corridor after he's done with changing clothes in the dressing room. He walks over to his locker and opens it; a hidden water balloon misses him and hits the floor with a loud splash. Well at least he was lucky and missed the last water balloon for this week. He gets his things before he begins to walk out of the school building, he is still not in a hurry. He steps out into the fresh air and sees the empty school ground: maybe he's lucky today after all?

Baekhyun begins to walk towards his house when he suddenly feels a pair of eyes on him; someone is staring him down. He tries to not freak out and tries to come up with an excuse for this weird feeling. It's probably just the principal or maybe a teacher who's looking over him while he was walking home. Baekhyun looks up at the sky; it's cloudy and pretty dark outside, but he knows that the time isn't past 5 pm.

Baekhyun walks past a couple of abounded houses that has been empty for years. He nearly always looks into the houses even though they're abounded and dead, almost a little like himself. But today something is new; there is a weak light coming from the inside of one of the old houses. He stares at the light while he passes the house; it must be a couple of kids in there who has gotten the idea to make the abounded house their secret club or their hideout for a game. He hopes that it's just a couple of kids.

Baekhyun can still feel the eyes he felt earlier on him, but it feels like the eyes isn't just watching over him; they are somehow hunting him. Baekhyun is an expert when it comes to glances and he has never had this feeling before; it feels like someone is targeting him. Baekhyun unconsciously begins to speed up his pace; he gets a very uncomfortable feeling that someone is following him and he fears it is a bully or something that might be even worse.

'Don't freak out, maybe you're just imagining this up, like the shadows you thought you saw a couple of weeks ago.' Baekhyun tries to calm himself down; he must find his calm self and just breathe. Baekhyun walks until a loud scream reaches him; it's a young girl's scream and of course Baekhyun jumps a meter up in the air. Baekhyun stares at the direction where the scream had come from. He isn't sure if he should call for help or go and take a look.


 

“Someone help me! Please help!”


 

Baekhyun's heart literally stops; the little girl screams for help and it's just him here. But what should Baekhyun do? Baekhyun grabs his senses and runs towards the screaming girl; he can't just ignore her! He's scared for sure, but a little girl is more scared than him right now. Baekhyun runs over to an old house and hears a crushing sound coming from the inside. Something strange is definitely going on inside one of the old houses and Baekhyun is going to find out exactly what it is.

He opens the old door that is almost smashed to pieces before he carefully steps inside the house and sees a shadow in a corner. He can hear the crying girl and he realizes that the shadow is the girl herself. Baekhyun runs over to the girl and crouches down to her level and smiles as kindly as he can. It is very hard to smile because he is actually also terrified, just like the girl, but he has to pretend he isn't.


 

“Hi little friend: what's wrong?”
“Please help me! He's after me!”
“Who?”
“Him!”


 

The girl points at a shadow who walks closer to Baekhyun and the girl. Baekhyun feels how his heart skips a beat and he is struck with fear. The girl screams terrified and Baekhyun wakes up from the paralyzed state he was in. Without thinking, Baekhyun lifts up the little girl and runs out of the house in hope to get away from the shadow. He doesn't stop until he is outside a couple of other houses further down the street. He can barely breathe after all the running and he had been so scared that he automatically held his breath the whole time.


 

“A-Are you okay?”
“Thank you oppa! The man scared me! Can you help me home?”
“Of course I can. Where do you live?”
“Over there.”


 

Baekhyun smiles and carries the little girl towards her house. Of course the girl touches his bruises and wounds, but the scared girl makes Baekhyun feel braver and something inside of him just wants to protect her. The pain he feels is probably nothing compared to the fear the girl has gone through. After all, whatever or rather whoever that man was, he surely scared the girl more than what a monster would do.

Baekhyun walks up to the door to the house where the girl said she lives at and lets her down onto the ground. The girl looks a little hesitant before she gestures for Baekhyun to crouch down to her level. She smiles kindly and hugs him tightly without hesitating anymore.


 

“Thank you! I will tell mom about this!”
“N-No problem, just stay away from the old houses. And tell your mother about the man and be more careful, okay?”
“Okay!”


 

The girl kisses Baekhyun on his cheek before she hurries into the house to tell her mother about what just happened. Of course the girl is still scared, but Baekhyun had saved her. Wait... Baekhyun saved her. That's something new and quite weird, but he feels great. He actually did something useful.

Baekhyun smiles a little and begins to walk towards home again. But now the question in: should he call the police and tell them about this incident? He has absolutely no idea, but the mother to the girl will probably call them. So he will leave it to the girl's mother.

Baekhyun walks towards his house again when he suddenly feels the scary eyes on him once more. This time they feel more hunting and hating than before. Baekhyun seriously panics and runs home to his house before he gets in and locks the door quickly. Someone is after him, he's one hundred percent sure about it! Baekhyun runs around in the house and makes sure that every window is closed and all the doors leading in and out of the house are locked.

When he is sure that everything is locked and closed, he walks towards his room to unpack his school bag. He walks a little careful towards the room while thinking about the weird incident he just went through. Suddenly he hears footsteps behind him and he freezes right on the spot while holding his breath. Is he imagining things? Baekhyun carefully but rather quickly turns around, but there is no one behind him. Even though he can't see anyone, it still feels like someone is around him. 'Should I scream or just pretend that nothing has happened?'


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter