Saranghaeyo

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sighs tired as Chanyeol looks surprised down at him. It's been around a month since Chanyeol and Baekhyun more or less begun dating each other now. Chanyeol carefully plays with Baekhyun's hair while they're watching a movie at Baekhyun's place, as usual.


 

“Is something wrong?”
“No... I'm just tired.”
“Long day today?”
“Mm... It felt like two days in one.”


 

Chanyeol chuckles slightly while his fingers starts to sneak down to Baekhyun's shoulders and then his neck. Baekhyun shivers slightly before Chanyeol tries to massage his tensed shoulders and neck.


 

“What are you doing?”
“You have been a little tensed lately.”
“It's nothing serious.”
“But still, you're getting more and more tensed. Is everything alright?”
“Too much schoolwork...?”


 

Chanyeol nods slightly as he massages Baekhyun's shoulders and neck. It's a little awkward because Baekhyun didn't ask for his help and he's not used to get massaged like this, but he kind of likes it. Baekhyun thanks Chanyeol when he's done by leaving a peck on his lips before he gets up of the couch.


 

“Would you like something to eat? Or maybe just some tea?”
“I'm fine Baekhyun. But if you want something, just go ahead and get it.”
“I will fetch some fruit.”


 

Chanyeol smiles and lets Baekhyun fetch his fruit. It's no surprise to Chanyeol that Baekhyun craves fruit more than candy or any other food. Baekhyun picks out a couple of apples from the fridge and then starts to cut them into smaller pieces. He stops in the middle of it all when the knife suddenly reminds him of a terrible night.

That's right, it has been nearly a half year ago since a strange man managed to get into the house and attacked Baekhyun. A half year ago Baekhyun sat in this very kitchen with this very knife in his hand and was waiting for the man to come back. Nothing happened after the first attack, except that Chanyeol and the others showed up. Baekhyun can't stop wondering from time to time who that man was. Or should he say what that man was?


 

“Hey, is everything alright?”
“Ah yes, I just spaced out a little.”
“Do you need any help?”
“No thank you, I'm fine.”


 

Baekhyun smiles at Chanyeol and quickly cuts up the rest of the apples. After that he joins Chanyeol and walks out to the living room. They continue watching their movie like usual before Baekhyun asks Chanyeol if he would like to sleep over. As usual Chanyeol wants to sleep over, but since it's school week Chanyeol has to go home. Despite that, he stays at least until 12 am before Baekhyun manages to send the giant home.


 

“Are you sure you don't want to stay?”
“I can't, you know that. Suho will kill me.”
“Will I see you tomorrow?”
“Of course, it's school tomorrow.”
“Then... Goodnight and be careful on your way home.”
“I will. Sleep tight Baekhyun and lock the door before you got to bed.”


 

Baekhyun smiles and receives a kiss from Chanyeol before the giant leaves. Every time he sees Chanyeol leave, something in his heart aches. He truly loves Chanyeol and being without him hurts more than what he thought it would. Baekhyun sighs and closes the door before he locks it. 'There, it's locked and safe.'

Even though the door is locked, Baekhyun suddenly begins to feel unsafe and uncomfortable. The time when that psychopath man attacked him, every single door and window were closed and locked, yet he managed to get inside. Baekhyun shivers at the thought but tries to shake the weird feeling of him. 'Nothing will happen! It has been over a half year since that time! It all must have been some crazy dream or something since nothing else has happened!

Baekhyun walks over to his bedroom and quickly gets ready to go to bed. He turns off all the lights and curls together under his blanket on the bed. The house is silent, but he doesn't think it's too uncomfortable anymore. He listens to the calm night while his thoughts runs around inside of his mind. Once again he thinks about that attack that occurred a half year ago which feels like it's impossible.

That night, he was sure that he had met a person who isn't just crazy and sick, without he thought he met something unnatural. But that can't be possible, right? Things like monsters or unnatural creatures only exist in the fantasy world. You can see many movies about them and even read books. Books...? Baekhyun feels a weird urge take over him: should he go to the library and fetch a book to read about unnatural creatures?

Wait, where is this going? Baekhyun shakes his head violently as he tries to forget everything he just thought about. It's no freaking way that the man who attacked him is monsters because they don't exist. Magical creatures don't exist! Even though he keeps telling himself that they don't exist, something deep inside of him is saying against him and it always has done that.


 

***


 

“What am I actually doing here...?”


 

Baekhyun sighs tired as he looks around in the huge library. It's early morning and he was on his way to school as usual when he spotted the library on his way. After last night he couldn't stop thinking about the weird psychopath man and the weird attack that occurred a half year ago. No matter how many times he told himself that the man must have drugged him and made him hallucinate everything, he kept hearing something deep inside of him tell him that he's wrong.

'I'm just here to confirm that I'm over thinking everything and that magical creatures do not exist.' Baekhyun stops in the back of the library in front of a small but quite old bookshelf. It's filled with old leather books that must be ancient or that's the feeling you get from them. 'What am I seriously doing here? I have to go to school before I run late!'

Despite the fact that he will be late for school, Baekhyun takes his time to look through the bookshelf. 'The librarian said there should be books about mythological as magical creatures here...' After looking around for a couple of minutes, Baekhyun finally finds two books that seems to be the books he needs for his “research”. 'It's just to assure myself and prove how wrong I am!'

Baekhyun takes a quick look at the time and realizes that he seriously doesn't have time to even look through the books. He hesitates for a couple of seconds before he makes up his mind; he will take the damn books with him!


 

***


 

Baekhyun apologizes to his friends and Chanyeol for him being late. Once again he lied into their faces and said that he overslept, even though he actually went to the library. He hates to lie to his friends, but he has overslept for real a couple of times. He knows very well that they all are starting to think that he's hiding something from them, yet they don't ask about it.

The class begins and the day is going slowly. Baekhyun just wants to get home and take out the books he borrowed from the library. He just wants to prove that he's over thinking everything and that he should be calm and worry less about the psychopathic man who is no longer around.

Baekhyun begs mentally for the day to go faster so he can go home, but it doesn't help. Well, he's not even sure if he will be able to get home before his friends attack him with other plans for the day. He doesn't mind hanging out with his friends or Chanyeol, but today he just feels like going home and read the weird books he borrowed.


 

***


 

Finally, after hours of waiting, the school bell rings loudly and the day is finally over. Baekhyun and the others walks towards the dressing room as usual since their last class on Friday's are P.E. Baekhyun quickly changes his clothes into his normal clothes and tries to hide the last signs of the wounds and bruises he still has left on his body from all the bullying. Since Chanyeol and the others begun to hangout with Baekhyun, more people have begun to respect him and don't use the worst pranks on him.

Baekhyun is first out of the dressing room and heads towards his locker right away. He grabs his backs with the borrowed books before he closes the locker. Baekhyun turns around and sighs when he doesn't see any of his friends. Maybe he should go ahead and walk home and let the others catch up with him later? Baekhyun feels his body moves on its own as he starts walking towards the exit.

He steps out into the cold late January air and quickly closes his jacket. He can see his breath through the cold air disappear into a mist. 'Baekhyun steps out into the snow but stops the moment his eyes spots a gang of young men waiting only three meters away from the exit. Baekhyun suddenly remembers why he never leaves school earlier and especially not alone.

Baekhyun tries to walk past the bullies as fast as he can, but they had already spotted him the moment he stepped outside. The bullies are fast to surround Baekhyun with creepy smirks on their lips. They all are preparing their knuckles and hands while they're trapping Baekhyun between them.


 

“Well, well, well. Isn't it Baekhyun? We haven't seen you for a while, well not without your new friends.”
“It was a long time since we hanged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter