Vampire Hunters

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sits with his friends in the living room back at home. They all got a message from the older ones that they will come by today. It's actually rare for the older ones to visit vampires like this, but they said that they wanted to talk about something serious with them. Chanyeol listens to his friends while they're talking happily, but something is wrong. He can't explain how, but something inside of him tells him that something terrible is going on.

It suddenly knocks on the door to the house as Suho quickly gets up of the couch and walks over to the door. The others stand up and hurry to line up in the hallway where they will greet their guests. Five young men enters the house, it's the older ones. Onew nods towards them with his elegance while Jonghyun smiles at them. After them comes Key and Minho who both looks like normal young men, they're even smiling at them. Lastly is Taemin who smiles while entering the house.


 

“Welcome to our home, please feel free to come inside.”


 

Suho bows and the others join him quickly. The older ones smile as they walk into the living room. It's so weird to see them dressed up as normal young men. They're smiling and acting like normal teenagers, though they wear an elegance that only vampires can feel. It's almost scary how their aura around them is screaming elegance and power.


 

“Would you like something to drink?”
“No thank you, we're good.”


 

D.O nods with a smile as they all sit down in the couches in the living room. Suho makes sure that everyone behave while the older ones get comfortable in the couches. When everyone is on their place, Suho clears his throat and starts talking with the older ones. Chanyeol tries to listen to the conversation that is about the little town they're living in, but he can't help but to space out.

He feels how a weird feeling is growing stronger inside of him: what is this feeling? Why does it feel like something is really wrong? Has he missed something? No, he must be imagining everything. Chanyeol struggles to not think about his weird feeling, but it's really hard to not end up thinking about it.


 

“Chanyeol? Hello? Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”
“Chanyeol! Snap out of it!”


 

Chanyeol jumps startled when Luhan suddenly screams into his ear. He looks confused around as the older ones eyes him. Chanyeol hurries to smile apologizing at them: did they notice him spacing out? Did they talk to him?


 

“S-Sorry, I happened to space out. Please accept my apology.”
“Are you okay? You never space out in front of us.”
“I-I know and I'm truly sorry for being this disrespectful.”
“What is on your mind?”


 

Onew asks with a calm smile on his lips. Is he curious about Chanyeol's thoughts or is he just trying to make Chanyeol feel worse? Chanyeol hesitates before he opens his mouth again.


 

“I don't know why, but I suddenly have a weird feeling that something is wrong. I can't explain it, it just feels like something is going on behind my back.”
“This may be a sudden questions, but I will ask anyway. Have you drunk your human's blood yet?”


 

Chanyeol feels how his friends eyes him carefully. He totally forgot something; he has told them that he “accidentally” bit Baekhyun once. Well, Baekhyun did tell him that he could bite him during their once, but it only happened once! Still, he knows that his friends wants to kill him if they find out the truth.


 

“Y-Yes... I have bitten him once.”
“What?! Chanyeol-!”
“Don't scream, it's rude towards the older ones.”


 

Kris eyes Kai and Sehun who was about to make a scene, but they are fast to shut up. Minho gently clears his throat as he looks up at Chanyeol with calm eyes.


 

“Listen to me carefully Chanyeol, this information is something not many know about. You love Baekhyun dearly and I'm sure that he loves you as much. When you make a bond between each other, you can say that your senses towards him becomes better. When you later drink his blood, you can say that you're creating a stronger bond between you. Your senses becomes stronger and if something happens with your lover, you will probably sense it. So with other words, this bad feeling might involve your human being in some kind of danger.”


 

Chanyeol feels how his eyes widens and the others look as surprised at him. Before Chanyeol knows it, he's suddenly standing up as he walks fast towards the door. Baekhyun should be fine, he can't be in danger. He's home with his parents and the older ones are in town, which means that other vampires around them won't go after Baekhyun at the moment. It must be his imagination, Baekhyun can't be hurt.


 

“Chanyeol! At least-”
“Let him go, he needs to keep an eye on his human after all.”
“He shouldn't be in danger, you're here so no other vampires would-”
“Do you know why we're here?”
“No, you haven't told us yet.”
“Lately a lot of vampire hunters have showed up around this area. This might just be a quick guess, but he might have gotten involved with a couple of vampire hunters. That's why we're here, we wanted to warn you about them and also try to find a couple of them to get rid of them.”


 

Chanyeol feels how he throws the door open before he runs out of the house. His body moves in vampire speed, he doesn't care if Suho will scold him for leaving later. All he can think about his is lovely Baekhyun. Nothing can have happened to him, he's home with his parents and he even has Bacon with him. Everything should be fine, but he just wants to make sure that everything really is alright.

Chanyeol runs until he arrives to Baekhyun's house. He stops a couple of meters away to find a police car stand outside Baekhyun's house. Chanyeol walks slowly over to the house while seeing Baekhyun's mother sit on the steps up to the house. She's crying with Bacon sitting beside him. Bacon is barking towards the road where Baekhyun's father is standing. A police officer is talking with Baekhyun's father who is looking anxious.

Chanyeol feels how his heart aches while he looks around. He can't sense or hear Baekhyun. Where is he? Why isn't he here? Chanyeol feels how he runs over to Baekhyun's father who finished talking with the police officer. He looks rather surprised at Chanyeol who looks with fear at the father.


 

“W-What has happened? W-Where is Baekhyun?”


 

Baekhyun's father looks pained as he looks towards the distance. Chanyeol isn't sure what he's trying to say, but he won't accept the fact that Baekhyun isn't here. Baekhyun is innocent and he hasn't done anything. Why would someone want to go after Baekhyun?


 

“S-Sir, where is Baekhyun?”
“We... We woke up to his screams and when we arrived downstairs... He was already gone. We only saw a black car drive away with a high speed. Bacon was closed into Baekhyun's bedroom and his barking alarmed us quickly, yet we were too late.”
“B-Baekhyun is... kidnapped...?”


 

Mr Byun nods slowly while Chanyeol stumbles back. His Baekhyun is... kidnapped? Fear grabs him as he looks around quickly: who took him? Who dared to touch his Baekhyun? Chanyeol has to sit down, his head is spinning with thoughts and his senses are getting messed up.


 

“The police is doing everything they can, we will just have to wait for them to find him.”
“My Baekie... Why Baekie...?”


 

Chanyeol stares at Mrs Byun who's hugging Bacon tightly. She's really worried, isn't she? Chanyeol feels how he gets up of the ground as he takes a deep breath. This is not the time to freak out, he needs to calm down and go back to the others. If he wants to save Baekhyun and get him back, he will have to find him on his own.


 

“I... I will go home...”
“Can you really walk-?”
“I... I have to go... Baekhyun will... be alright... R-Right?”
“Take it easy son, the police will be working on it. Hopefully everything will be fine.”


 

Chanyeol nods as he glances over at Mrs Byun and Bacon one last time. It's weird to see a woman cry about her son she ignored and hated for so long. Chanyeol feels slightly annoyed, but at he same time relieved. Maybe Baekhyun's parents have realized their mistake and wants to make up for it all?


 

“Go home Chanyeol, there is nothing we can do for now. Let's just wait.”


 

Chanyeol nods as he turns around slowly. He walks away from the house while listening to Bacon barking after him. He glances back at the dog and got a strange feeling that Bacon told him to go and look for Baekhyun. Chanyeol doesn't know why but he nods towards Bacon before he walks away from the house. He has to find Baekhyun and it's fast!

As fast Chanyeol is out of every human's sight, he runs as fast he can back home. He nearly storms into the house where his friends and the older ones are waiting. They all look worried at Chanyeol who's patting slightly. Suho looks worried at Chanyeol who knows that he will have to ask them to help him find Baekhyun, else it will take ages.


 

“What's wrong? Has something happened?”
“Baekhyun... Baekhyun is gone.”
“W-What?”
“Someone came to the house and kidnapped him. All they know is that a black car drove away with him, but I'm pretty sure that it's vampire hunters.”
“What are we waiting for?! Let's go and find him!”
“Wait, we need to think first.”


 

Suho tries to stay calm, but the others are busy with getting ready to leave. Key sighs silently before he stands up and silence them all.


 

“Listen up! All of you! I know you're worried about your friend, but you have to be careful. Vampires hunters aren't something you can play around with. They're dangerous and are more than capable of killing you. You can't just go on your own.”
“That's right, we can't just let you go alone. I will help you out.”
“J-Jonghyun...?”
“My ability isn't too useful though, but I will be able to help.”
“If Jonghyun helps you, I'm willing to help as well.”
“We all will help, but I want you all to be aware of something. Baekhyun is currently a threat towards the vampires, especially towards you. He knows more than what he's supposed to know and if we can't save him without risking to get killed, we will just have to execute him ourselves.”
“I won't allow that! I won't let Baekhyun die!”


 

Chanyeol feels the fear grab him even more; he won't let Baekhyun die! Baekhyun is his light, his hope and his happiness. He won't let anyone kill his Baekhyun not even the older ones.


 

“We understand how you're feeling, but we have our whole society to protect. Of course we will try our hardest to save him, but if I judge the situation to turn out worse, then I will take full responsibility and get rid of all danger.”


 

Chanyeol wants to protest, but he gets the feeling that they don't have time for this. Key steps forward as he smiles towards them; he looks so calm. Chanyeol knows that he older ones are good to have on your side, they're after all the strongest vampires around and they have the strongest vampire abilities you can find.

Onew's ability is streng

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter