Scared or Safe?

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun sits on Chanyeol's lap while leaning against the giant's chest. He tries to stop crying even though he's scared and doesn't talk too much. Chanyeol whispers to the boy that everything will be okay, that everything will get better and that he will stay with Baekhyun. Baekhyun suddenly cries more which makes the giant feel even more pained; he hates to see people cry. He hates to see Baekhyun cry like this.

Chanyeol uses one of his thumbs to wipe away the tears that are streaming down Baekhyun's face. He tries to wipe away all of them, but Baekhyun is crying too much. Chanyeol holds in a sigh as he Baekhyun's back carefully.


 

“Baekhyun, why are you crying so much? I'm here, I'm not going to leave you.”
“I-I'm scared... I-I want to get out of this house... I-I wish I just could disappear.”
“Why? You're a very kind and lovely person. And this house is beautiful.”
“This house is cursed... I'm cursed...”
“What are you talking about? You just seem to be a little different, that's all.”
“Please, stay with me... Don't leave me like the others...”


 

'The others? Is he talking about his parents? They're living in the USA, right? Why is he so upset? He can just go and visit them or ask them to come back home again. Then why is he like this? I have a bad feeling about this.'


 

“Now now Baekhyun, I won't leave you. Tell me: why are you scared?”
“I don't want to end up like my grandparents... I don't want to die, not yet.”
“Like your grandparents? Are they dead?”


 

Baekhyun nods, but at the same time he looks terrified and hides his face against Chanyeol chest. Once again he cries even more and buries his face against Chanyeol's chest. Guilt hits Chanyeol; he made Baekhyun cry even more by just asking him a questions. But his stupidity doesn't end quite yet.


 

“How did they die?”
“I don't want to talk about it... I don't want to remember...”
“Okay. Don't worry, nothing will happen to you as long you stay by me.”


 

Baekhyun looks up at the calm and smiling Chanyeol; he's trying to show Baekhyun his kindest smile he can in hope to make him feel better. Baekhyun smiles weakly, he actually looks a little relieved. It seems that he's starting to feel better now after crying out his feelings.


 

“Aren't you tired? You better go to sleep.”
“I'm scared to sleep alone... I don't want to sleep...”
“But you have to sleep.”
“But I'm scared...”
“Okay, you win you little cute puppy. I will sleep with you.”
“You will...? T-Thank you...”


 

Baekhyun sleepily hugs Chanyeol; he's almost crying as happy he feels. Chanyeol chuckles lightly at the cute sight and hugs the boy back. Though he still feels a little unsure about sleeping beside Baekhyun in here. They just got to know each other, but Baekhyun doesn't seem to care about it. Baekhyun gets off Chanyeol and lies down on the bed before he sleepily pats the empty spot besides him. Chanyeol smiles and lies down besides Baekhyun who quickly cuddles up against Chanyeol's arm while his head rests against Chanyeol's chest.


 

“You seems to like to sleep on my chest.”
“Sorry, I feel more safe up here...”
“Come closer then, you can't sleep like that.”


 

Chanyeol grabs the boy and helps him to get on top of him. Baekhyun blushes like a fool, but he's smiling. He cuddles his head against Chanyeol's chest and closes his eyes to sleep. Chanyeol watches the boy fall asleep and smiles for himself. 'Don't worry Baekie, I will stay with you until I die. That's a promise.' Chanyeol smiles and closes his eyes. He's slowly falling asleep with the boy on top of him, but he doesn't mind Baekhyun. Actually he kind of enjoys it.


 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun wakes up the next morning on top of Chanyeol who is still sleeping. Baekhyun blushes heavily and his face is redder than a tomato. He remembers last night and curses his tired mind to let him do this to Chanyeol. 'Poor Chanyeol, he must think I'm a cry baby now. There is no way that he thinks I'm normal or okay to be with. Oh idiot...'

Baekhyun notices how cute and peaceful Chanyeol's face is while he's sleeping. Baekhyun gets fascinated of Chanyeol's face and carefully leans closer to take a better look at it. Chanyeol's face is incredible and makes him look younger than what he is, like Luhan's face. Baekhyun wants to touch Chanyeol's pale skin and he wants to know how soft it is. It looks soft and it's nearly white as milk.

Chanyeol isn't very pale though, not compared to Sehun or Luhan. Chanyeol's hair is curled and makes him look even cuter and sweeter. His eyes is a little dark but filled with happiness and kindness when he's awake. Chanyeol's teeth are so white and his smile is nearly brighter than the sun. Baekhyun doesn't know why but everything about Chanyeol is just cute and lovely. Something inside Baekhyun changed after last night; he doesn't just see him as a guest or friend anymore. He thinks he has begun to fall in love with Chanyeol.

Baekhyun rests his head against Chanyeol's chest and closes his eyes. That's the first time he notices something really strange with Chanyeol. He can't hear any heartbeat, but Chanyeol is still breathing normally. Baekhyun feels confused: why can't he hear Chanyeol's heartbeat? Something deep inside of him tells him that Chanyeol isn't alive, but something else tells him that he's just being silly and that he's just imagining things up. He has no idea what to think anymore.

Chanyeol begins to wake up out of nowhere. He looks down at little Baekhyun who's resting on his chest. Baekhyun is staring at the wall while thinking deeply. He isn't in too deep thoughts, but he's still totally spaced out at the moment. Chanyeol's hand suddenly begins to play with Baekhyun's hair as he smiles down at Baekhyun and waits for him to look up at him.

Baekhyun feels how Chanyeol touches his hair gently; it feels wonderful and he doesn't want to ruin the moment. Baekhyun still lies on top of Chanyeol and closes his eyes slowly. He feels the taller man's sweet touch that is so gentle and careful; it's like he's scared to hurt Baekhyun. Baekhyun would love to stay lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter