Parents

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun walks towards school like he always does. It's Monday morning and today he has to go back to school. As usual he walks into the school building where people give him weird glances and some even dares to bully him. No teachers see them as usual, but Baekhyun doesn't care about the bullies. The only thing he can think of is the heavy feeling that is inside of his chest. Something feels wrong.

Baekhyun steps into the classroom and stops dead when he sees the half empty. What is this? Why is it this empty? Baekhyun's friends are nowhere to be seen and of course Chanyeol isn't here either. This is strange, Chanyeol never mentioned that the others are going to go with him, wherever they now went. Baekhyun snaps out of his thoughts and walks over to his usual seat in the classroom. It feels wrong to sit alone, but he tries to bear the thought of it.

The classroom gets filled with students quickly and it doesn't take very long before Mr Choi enters the classroom. As usual they had their morning call and that's the second time Baekhyun notices something weird. Mr Choi never calls up Chanyeol's name or his others friends. Have they taken a day off of school today? Baekhyun feels slightly anxious, but at the same time a little curious. What are they doing?

Baekhyun struggles to concentrate on his first class in the morning. He can't stop wondering where his friends and Chanyeol are. When did they leave? When will they come back? He hasn't heard anything from Chanyeol since he left, he hasn't even gotten a text from him. Baekhyun has sent Chanyeol a couple of messages, but he has gotten no replies. Is everything really alright with them?

When the first class is finally over, Baekhyun quickly walks up to Mr Choi while the other students empties the classroom. Baekhyun waits for everyone else to leave before he turns to Mr Choi with a small smile on his lips.


 

“Uhm, Mr. Choi, where is Chanyeol?”
“Chanyeol? Who's Chanyeol?”
“Park Chanyeol, the tall bright smiling boy with curly hair.”
“Never heard or seen him before. Are you feeling alright Baekhyun?”
“I-I feel perfectly fine. I just thought I heard a rumor about this person.”
“I see. Well I haven't heard anything of a new student if that is what you're wondering.”
“Thank you for your time.”


 

Baekhyun smiles before he quickly leaves the classroom. What is going on? Why doesn't Mr Choi remember Chanyeol? Baekhyun feels how new anxious feelings grows inside of him as he tries to calm himself down. But something upsets him so badly, it hurts inside of his stomach. What if all that has happened between him and Chanyeol is just a dream?


 

***


 

Baekhyun has begun to count the days since Chanyeol left. It has past weeks, even months by now. He has asked around after his precious Chanyeol and his other friends, but no one has even heard about them before. No one recognizes the names or the pictures Baekhyun has shown people. What is going on? It's like his friends and Chanyeol has disappeared from the Earth's surface.

By now Baekhyun has begun to doubt himself. Has everything been a dream all this time? His heart burst into pain when he thinks about it and his love is slowly getting drained out of him. No one has ever heard or seen Chanyeol and the others, yet he has met them. He has pictures of them and he still has the necklace Chanyeol gave him, but no one else knows about them.

In the end, Baekhyun begins to get desperate. He finds old and weird books about vampires and tries to find out as much about vampires as possible. Maybe something has happened in the vampire world? Maybe they have some important business to take care of? Baekhyun keeps hoping that Chanyeol will show up in the middle of nowhere and hug him and tell him that he's sorry that he has been gone for so long. But it feels like that day will never come.


 

***


 

People say that when the spring comes, the pain is gone. But in Baekhyun's case it's not like that, it's rather the opposite. The more days that comes and go, the more pain he feels. Every single day he waits for Chanyeol to come back home and tell him that he's sorry for being away for so long. Every single day he lies in his bed and lets his hand rest at the empty spot beside him. It's always so cold and lonely. He has begun to lose the little hope that is left inside of him.

He walks to school and home again every single day and every time he's searching for Chanyeol. Everyday he looks at Chanyeol's empty seat beside him in the classroom and thinks about how much he misses Chanyeol. The seat is going to remain empty the rest of the school year, Baekhyun knows that, but he just wants it to be the rest of this school year. He wants Chanyeol to come back after the summer, he doesn't care if Chanyeol has left him alone for so many months. He just wants to see his Chanyeol again.

Every single day Baekhyun gets more and more depressed and he's not the only one noticing it. Mr Choi and his other teachers has talked with him and tried to understand what is wrong, but he can't explain to them what is wrong. They have even talked to the principal who called his parents for him, but they can't come back and see him until the summer break. Baekhyun is going to be lonely until then. He has no one to talk to and no one who can comfort him when he needs it. He really misses Chanyeol and his friends.


 

***


 

It was February when Chanyeol left him. It was February when he told Baekhyun that he would come back soon. But he lied. Baekhyun can't stop thinking about how Chanyeol has lied right into his face. His heart aches so much when he thinks about it; Chanyeol has lied to him. He promised to come back soon, but when is soon? Did he mean in a thousand years or in only a couple of years? Or did he say he would come back, but in fact he will never come back?

March month is a pretty depressing period for Baekhyun. He just walks around and counts the seconds, minutes, hours and days without Chanyeol by his side. But he isn't going to stop believing that Chanyeol will come back. Chanyeol promised him to come back and Chanyeol never breaks his promises. Never.

April is even more depressing than March. Baekhyun begins to lose the little hope he has left and he feels so lonely all the time. He barely eats his food properly, he has a hard time studying and his grades are dropping. Once again his teachers calls his parents about this mater, but they keep saying that they can't do anything about. All Baekhyun can do is to pray for Chanyeol and the others to come back to home. He misses them so much.

It's finally May month, which means Baekhyun's birthday is coming around. Baekhyun is in the deepest depression he has ever experienced this far. He's tired of being bullied in school and the teachers are nagging him about his grades. Baekhyun can't take all this for much longer, he hates being alone like this. He can't stop thinking about how he let Chanyeol and his friends go and leave him with the little happiness he had in this life.

Baekhyun has begun to wonder if he really should keep living like this. Maybe it's time to just die? Chanyeol and the others are gone and no one is left to love him. The bullies are getting worse once again and Baekhyun is going insane. He's tired of his life and on his very own birthday, he hides in his room the whole day. He doesn't eat, drink or sleep during the whole day. He only sits on his bed while crying and thinking about how he should just end his own life.


 

It's June month, which means the summer break has finally arrived. The students are happily planning their summer break, except for Baekhyun. He has already made up his plans for the summer. He will lock himself up in his room and wait for Chanyeol and the others to come. If they don't show by the end of the summer, Baekhyun has decided to disappear from this world. He's tired of living like this and on top of that, he needs to meet his parents who doesn't even like him. Will he be able to even face them in his current state?


 

***


 

Baekhyun cleans the whole house, including his grandparents' old room. He practice to smile every day, even though he's depressed. His parents are coming back home and he has made up his mind to try to hide his depression from them as long as he can, even if he's not very good at fake smiling. His parents are supposed to come the last week during June, one week before July month. He's actually slightly nervous and scared, but he won't let his current feelings affect him when he meets them.

One morning someone is finally ringing his doorbell. Baekhyun feels a weird hope grab him as he gets up. There are two possibilities to whom it is: either it's his parents or it might, just might be Chanyeol and the others. Baekhyun walks over to the door and opens it quickly, but disappointment is fast to hit him right in his face. Outside the door is his mother standing and behind her his father.

Baekhyun smiles slightly at them and lets them in without a word. They both walk awkwardly into the house while looking around like the house is haunted. Baekhyun feels irritated the moment he sees his parents, but he promised himself that he will withstand them both. He just needs to see them during the dinner and maybe the breakfast, else he can hide in his room.

Baekhyun watches his parents look around for a while before he get tired of standing by the door like a fool. He doesn't say anything and walks into his bedroom again. He's feeling tired already and he doesn't have the power to even pretend that he's feeling alright. He will let his parents look around the house on their own, they don't need him. He's not scared that they will throw something away or break anything, he has already put away and hid all the precious objects in the house.

His parents walk around the house for a long time while talking to each other. They must think it's annoying to have to come back here to South Korea, they have already built up an new life in the USA after all. Baekhyun doesn't want them here as well, but there is nothing he can do about it. He can just accept them being here.


 

***


 

“You're really quiet.”


 

Baekhyun nods while showing food into his mouth. He's not the slightest hungry, but he has to pretend that he eats food. His parents exchange a glance or two before they look back at him. They don't say anything for a while, there is nothing to talk about. They already know how Baekhyun has been doing in school and even if they did ask, he wouldn't answer them.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter