Crying Truth

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sits on his chair while staring down at the floor; he just wants to disappear. He can't take it anymore, the fear inside of him is haunting him and refuses to go away. The whole time when the others has been here, they have made him feel safe and made him think about other things. But now it's impossible to ignore the fact that he's terrified.

Baekhyun feels how tears stream down his cheeks; he can't hold them in anymore. He can't hold back the fear or his trembling hands. He can't ignore the fact that someone broke into his house and nearly killed him. He can't ignore the fact that he's terrified and is waiting for the same man who hurt him to come back to kill him.

Everyone at the table stop moving as fast they see Baekhyun cry. It takes nearly two seconds before they hurry over to the now crying Baekhyun. Baekhyun tries to hide his tears, but he can't handle his messed feelings anymore. He can't handle the fear that has been creeping inside of him all this time. He just can't all this anymore because it doesn't make sense. He's going insane!


 

“Please don't cry.”
“We will do anything, please just stop crying.”
“We didn't mean to make you cry.”
“Baek, what's wrong? Are you scared again?”


 

Chanyeol is the one who makes Baekhyun look up. Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun is scared and therefor steps forward. Baekhyun nods slowly and hesitant: is this okay? Is it okay to admit everything? Chanyeol makes the others move to the side so he can get some more space.


 

“Don't be, like I said yesterday, I will stay. The others too, we won't leave you. Right guys?”
“Yeah, we will stay until you have to kick us out.”
“Don't be scared, we will protect you from the evil bullies.”


 

They all smile at Baekhyun with such warmth and kindness, but Baekhyun only cries more. Chanyeol is shocked over the reaction he gets from Baekhyun: shouldn't Baekhyun be more happy than sad? Baekhyun's body is shaking as much he's crying and a headache is sneaking up on him as well. It feels like he's going insane and he's going to explode. How is he supposed to tell them about all this?

Chanyeol suddenly grabs one of Baekhyun's hands gently and squeezes them. He stares at Baekhyun with such warmth, it almost hurts. He's not going to give up on trying to calm Baekhyun down, even though it might look impossible.


 

“What is it Baekhyun? Tell me what's wrong so I can help you.”
“I-I... B-Bite m-marks...”


 

Baekhyun just shakes his head, he can't even say a word anymore. They won't believe him if he tells them everything and the fact that he has bite marks on his neck is weird and wrong. Baekhyun feels how he cries even more and how he's starting to feel dizzy: he's going insane for sure. Chanyeol suddenly grabs Baekhyun's hoddie and carefully reveals the bite marks that Baekhyun has tried to hide all this time.


 

“You mean those bite marks?”


 

Baekhyun stares up at Chanyeol with teary eyes. He knew about them? Then why didn't he ask about it? Or does he think it's crazy? Baekhyun feels how he lowly nods; he can't hide the truth anymore. Chanyeol looks at the bite marks and then at Baekhyun who's trying to calm down a little, even though it feels like he's going crazy.


 

“When did you get these?”


 

Baekhyun feels the hesitation grab him. Should he tell them the truth? No, they will think he's crazy. But... But something tells him that they of all people will actually listen to him. Baekhyun feels how he opens his mouth slowly and forces the words out of his mouth.


 

“Friday evening... After school.”
“How did you get these? Did the bullies bite you?”


 

Baekhyun shakes his head slowly and lightly. He can't seem to find the right words to explain everything. After a while he gives up on trying to tell them the truth. He won't be able to convince them that a stranger came into his house, even though every door and window were locked, and bit him.


 

“I-I don't know... I just had them when I woke up...”
“I see... Maybe we should tell someone about this-?”
“N-No! You can't! Please, don't... I'm scared.”
“But if you tell someone about it-”
“Guys, don't tell anyone about this. Not until we must, understood?”


 

Chanyeol stares seriously at the others who nod to an answer. Baekhyun looks up at Chanyeol who is so serious and calm at the same time. Baekhyun feels even more teary again, he can't help but to feel a little relieved. 'He does as I say... Thank you Chanyeol.'


 

“Thank you...”
“It's the least we can do for you. You seem to have a hard time on your own.”
“You have no idea...”


 

Baekhyun looks down at the floor and lets the rest of his feelings wash over him. It feels like he has ruined the breakfast and the rest of the day. Chanyeol crouches down to Baekhyun's level and gently wipes out the last tears that are streaming down Baekhyun's face with his hand. He smiles one of his warmest smiles at Baekhyun and suddenly everything is feeling alright again.


 

“No one has to be scared when we're around.”
“Let's watch another movie and enjoy the breakfast.”
“The breakfast is cold and disgusting now...”
“Don't be like that, I think it's still okay to eat.”
“Are you kidding me?! The food is cold and-”
“Shut up you idiot!”
“Don't mind them Baekhyun. If it help you we can make some breakfast for you instead.”
“I ruined the breakfast...”
“No you didn't, so don't cry again. We ruined the breakfast. We fooled around too long. Please don't cry again, I don't like to see you cry.”


 

Chanyeol wipes out the new tears that has appeared. He tries to smile his warm smile the whole time while gently touching Baekhyun's cheeks with his fingertips. Baekhyun nods a little and wipes out the last tears with the back of his hand.


 

“I can make something else to eat.”
“No, you can rest and take it easy if you want too.”
“Are you sure? I should make the breakfast, because I ruined it to the begin with.”
“I don't want to hear that bull anymore; you didn't ruin the breakfast. D.O will make some breakfast and you can tell us anything you want.”
“If you need to talk with someone then talk with us. We will be here and listen all the time.”


 

Baekhyun smiles thankfully, but he's not sure how to react to all this. He's happy to have people around him who he actually dares to call his friends. They haven't known each other for too long, but they're all so understanding. It feels much better now when someone else knows about the weird bite marks on his neck and it feels even better to know that they're willing to stay here with Baekhyun so he won't be alone.


 

“Come on Baekhyun, let's talk about something.”
“Yeah, say something.”
“What should I say?”
“What do you have on your heart?”


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter