Unexpected Guests

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

It is Monday morning. Baekhyun has barely slept anything since Friday evening; he is actually still sitting in the kitchen and is waiting. He fell asleep on the floor earlier and is leaning against one of the walls in the kitchen. Baekhyun opens his eyes quickly and wakes up when the sound of the doorbell echoes through the house.

Baekhyun looks confused around; the time is already 9 am so he is already late for school. So he better skip school today, there is no point in going if he's already this late. Baekhyun wakes up from his thoughts when he hears the doorbell ring for the second time. Fear fills him quickly, but he can't just ignore the door. It might be a suspicious neighbor who wants something.

Baekhyun drags himself up of the floor and slowly takes a step towards the door. He feels stronger today, he can even walk without too much effort. Baekhyun carefully walks over to the door and grabs the doorknob silently. He takes a deep breath before he opens the door slowly with a trembling hand. He carefully peeks his head outside, but to his surprise he's met with a couple of bright smiles from familiar faces.

Baekhyun feels the relief wash over him and how the fear gets pushed away and disappears somewhere deep inside of him. He feels better nearly right away as he smiles weakly towards his new classmates that had stood up for him against the bullies. They all are standing in front of him and smiles like they have no worries in the whole wide world.


 

“Good morning Baekhyun. Did we wake you up?”
“Uhm... N-No.”
“Sorry for disturbing you this early in the morning.”
“W-Why are you here? Shouldn't y-you be in school?”
“Oh, you haven't heard? The principal gave us a day off, we don't know why though.”
“So we thought that maybe you wanted some company.”


 

Baekhyun feels unsure right away. He is still scared and he hasn't even fixed his bite marks yet. He looks fast inside and sees blood spots left on the floor and the room is in a mess. They will get suspicious if he lets them inside and the blood is definitely worth questioning. But if he sends them away maybe they will start to bullying him instead?


 

“S-Sure, I just have to fix something first. Give me only a couple of seconds please.”
“Sure.”


 

Baekhyun lets the door stay open while he literally runs in to the bathroom to get a towel. He hurries to drown it with water before he hurries out to the living room and wipes out the blood of the floor and throws away the towel. 'Okay, next step: try to hide the bite marks.' Baekhyun hurries to change clothes and takes one of his favorite hoddies that covers up the bite marks without any problem.

Baekhyun then carefully walks back to the door and smiles a little embarrassing towards the young men outside his house. He hopes that they won't notice anything weird with him or his house.


 

“The house is a little messy right now, I hope you don't mind.”
“Don't worry, we won't. We were the ones to show up without notifying you first.”


 

Baekhyun lets in his new classmates, even though he's a little nervous because they're inside of his house. Baekhyun hasn't had anyone over for a long time, the last guest that was in his house was one of his grandma's friends who Baekhyun had never seen before. The boys looks curiously around the house while Baekhyun smiles silently. He suddenly remembers the towel and hurries to throw it into a basket before they will see it.


 

“So this is your house? Kya, it's big!”
“Where are your parents?”
“Uhm, t-they live in the USA right now.”
“Oh, I see. And you live alone right now?”
“Mm.”


 

Baekhyun nods and lets the young men look around a little more until they turn to Baekhyun. What should they do? Baekhyun has literally no idea what to do. The last time he hanged out with someone was when he was like 9 years old.


 

“Uhm, what do you want to do?”
“Do you have any video games?”


 

Baekhyun has to think a little. He doesn't remember if he has any video games or not. He remember his grandpa buying him something, but he doesn't know if it was a video game. Baekhyun walks over to an old bookshelf and crouches down to look through the few movies and other things he has. He stops when he sees the video games and smiles.


 

“Apparently I have.”
“Didn't you know if you had video games?”
“N-No, I haven't played any since I was little. But I have some new games here.”


 

Baekhyun brings out the video games and handles them to the others who smile big. The games aren't that typical, but they are still new and funny to play. That is at least what Kai said just now. Baekhyun has to fix the TV before he lets the boys show him how to play. He had totally forgotten how to even control the remote.


 

“How do you remember all this? It's so confusing.”
“Haha, I can play with you if you want.”
“S-Sure, I'm not very good at this.”


 

Baekhyun smiles at Chanyeol; he's really kind and wants to help Baekhyun play. It takes a while before Baekhyun understands how to play or at least how to play a little. Chanyeol has to remind him all the time and Baekhyun laughs at himself; he's dying all the time. They take turns to play and watch each other fail and die over and over again. Sometimes they actually win too, but that is like 1 out of 10 times.

After a while, Baekhyun gets really hungry. He hasn't eaten anything for a long time and he can need something to eat. 'I wonder if the others are hungry as well? Should I ask? Of course I should ask! I'm so stupid sometimes...' Baekhyun gathers some courage before he is going to ask them a very important question: are they hungry?


 

“I-Is someone hungry?”
“I'm a little hungry.”
“I'm going to be honest, I'm starving!”
“Don't mind Xiumin, he's always hungry.”
“I'm not! I'm just hungry very often, like before breakfast and after breakfast. Before lunch and after lunch. Before dinner and after dinner. Before the special night meal I take and... You're right, I'm always hungry.”
“Like I said, don't mind him. But we all seem a little hungry.”
“Then I will get some food.”


 

Baekhyun gets up and tries to walk as normally as he can, but he can't help but to feel a little nervous. 'What if I don't have any food?! I'm so dead if I don't have anything to serve.' Baekhyun walks over to the kitchen and looks through everything eatable he has. He doesn't remember that he had this much food at home. Baekhyun feels shocked: since when was his kitchen filled with food? 'Oh right, I bought all this for only a couple of days ago... It means I have a lot of food.'

So he has a lot of food: but what is he supposed to do with all this? Should he cook something or just serve all the fruit he has? He walks around in the kitchen and tries to figure out what to do, but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter