Gone

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun feels how fear spreads from the bottom of his stomach and out to his whole body. Chanyeol is staring at him with anxious eyes, but it's not helping. Baekhyun can't believe his ears. Did Chanyeol just say what he think he said? Baekhyun struggles to push away the fear as he quickly starts laughing like nothing is wrong.


 

“V-Very funny Chanyeol, now can you stop fooling around?”
“Baekhyun, I'm dead serious here.”


 

Chanyeol isn't looking the slightest amused, he looks the opposite. He's staring at Baekhyun with serious eyes like he has never done before. Baekhyun feels how his stomach begins to twist as he struggles to act like nothing is wrong.


 

“W-What?”
“Baekhyun, I'm a vampire.”


 

Chanyeol repeats himself once more, but it's not helping. Baekhyun hears the words echo through his head and the more times he hears it, the worse the situation gets. Baekhyun finally realizes what is going on and in that moment, it felt like something inside of him burst. Chanyeol looks concerned at Baekhyun as he struggles to give him a weak smile.


 

“Baekhyun, I didn't want to tell you because you will freak out. I'm not like that sick man who attacked you if that is what you think. I have absolutely not interest in hurting you. I can prove it.”
“Y-You're... O-One of... t-them?”


 

Chanyeol falls silent for a couple of seconds while his soft hands gently squeezes Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun feels how his hands begins to tremble and how his heart is beating faster. This can't be happening, please don't let this be true!


 

“Baek, please don't be scared of me, I-”
“I... I can't believe it... It's not true! You're not like them! I-It's a joke, r-right?”
“Baekhyun, I'm not joking with you. I really am a vampire.”


 

Baekhyun feels how he finally reacts to what Chanyeol is saying. He snatches his hands out of Chanyeol's grip before he quickly backs off from Chanyeol. Chanyeol desperately tries to reach his hands to Baekhyun, but it's only making the situation worse.


 

“Don't touch me!”
“Baek please-”
“Don't touch me!”


 

Baekhyun gets up of the couch and tries to run away from Chanyeol, but Chanyeol isn't human. Baekhyun runs towards his room, but out of nowhere, Chanyeol pops up in front of him. Baekhyun runs right into Chanyeol who's fast to embrace Baekhyun. Once again Baekhyun freaks out and pushes Chanyeol away from him with all his might.


 

“D-Don't touch me! I-It's not funny!”
“Baek-”
“I-It's not true! I-It can't be...”


 

Tears are streaming down Baekhyun's cheeks. He doesn't want this to be true. Why did Chanyeol confess to him like this? If he had just pretended that he's human, Baekhyun wouldn't feel like this. Baekhyun stumbles backwards when Chanyeol once again tries to hug him, but Baekhyun stops him when he slaps Chanyeol's arms away from him. Chanyeol looks hurt, like someone had stabbed his heart with a knife.


 

“Baekhyun-”
“Don't talk to me! Leave me alone!”
“Baekhyun please listen to me. I don't want to hurt you-”
“Leave me alone! Don't touch me! I don't want you hear!”
“But Baek-”
“Go! I don't want you here! Get out!”


 

Chanyeol struggles to talk with Baekhyun, but Baekhyun keeps pushing Chanyeol away from him. Baekhyun cries as he struggles to get away from Chanyeol, but the giant is too fast and strong for him. Chanyeol tries and tries and tries to talk with Baekhyun with a calm voice, but Baekhyun refuses to hear. He doesn't want to hear and he doesn't want to see Chanyeol until he admits that everything is just a big joke.


 

“Baek-”
“NO! I don't want too!”
“Please just listen to me-”
“No! Get out!”
“If I leave, you will-”
“GET OUT!”
“BAEKHYUN!”


 

Chanyeol suddenly snaps and grabs Baekhyun's shoulders tightly. Baekhyun stares with teary eyes at Chanyeol who realizes his big mistake. Baekhyun cries even more while the fear inside of him gets worse. Chanyeol loosens his grip and lets Baekhyun run away from him as fast as he can. Baekhyun manages to get into his room and slam the door closed before he collapsed down onto the floor.

The house is silent except from Baekhyun's silent sobs that are echoing through the room. Did Chanyeol leave? Baekhyun doesn't dare to move, he only sits on the floor while being curled together. He isn't sure why he reacted like he did, but now he's definitely scared off Chanyeol. Why did he raise his voice at him like that? He has never done that before.


 

“Baekhyun...?”


 

A light knock echoes through the room, but Baekhyun refuses to move. He won't let Chanyeol inside his room, he just won't. He wants to be alone and think. He wants everything to go away and leave him alone.


 

“Baekhyun, I know you're in there and I know you can hear me. Please open the door.”


 

Baekhyun doesn't move, he only sits on the floor and curls together even more. Why did Chanyeol have to say all that? That idiot, he's ruining everything. Please just go away.


 

“Baekhyun, please open the door.”
“Leave me alone...”
“I told you, I won't hurt you. Baekhyun listen to me, we never wanted to hurt you and we won't hurt you.”
“Leave me alone... Please...”
“I can't leave you alone... I... I love you.”
“Leave me alone...”


 

Baekhyun cries even more while curling together. He just wants to be alone for once. Please just leave him alone. Baekhyun waits for Chanyeol to call his name once again, but he doesn't say anything. The whole house is silent once again which must mean that Chanyeol has left Baekhyun alone at last.

Silent sobs echoes through Baekhyun's room as he stares down at the floor in front of him. This wasn't what he wished for when he decided to find out more about vampires. This wasn't what he expected or wanted. He just wanted to know if he's insane or not, but now everything is ruined. It's not Chanyeol's fault, but his.

Baekhyun sits on the floor and cries for a long time before he finally decides to get up. His head is spinning slightly, but it doesn't stop him from moving. He slowly walks over to his bed and curls together on it. He listens to the silence as a new feeling takes over him. Loneliness.

Tears streams down his cheeks once again as he grabs a pillow to cry into. Baekhyun cries and cries until he feels too dizzy and tired to stay awake. He slowly lies down onto the bed and thinks about everything that has happened. He doesn't want to be alone anymore. He's sorry that he hurt Chanyeol's feelings, but he's scared. Or no, he's not scared. He's disappointed and hurt.

Baekhyun closes his eyes as the sleepiness takes over him. He's scared and lonely, just like before. He wishes that he never told Chanyeol to leave. He misses Chanyeol already and it hurts to know that he told him to leave. Baekhyun cries into the pillow once more before he finally passes out because of the exhaustion.


 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sighs silently as he sits down onto the couch. He lets the silence fall over the house while he holds his own hands. He's not sure what he expected when he made up his mind to tell Baekhyun the truth. What did he expect? That he would become overjoyed and ask him to spend the rest of his life with him?


 

“Idiot...”


 

Chanyeol sighs once again as he stares down at the floor. He wishes that he never raised his voice or screamed at Baekhyun earlier. He probably terrified the already scared and upset puppy. If he had tried to be more patient, then maybe he could have been sitting here with Baekhyun on the couch and talked about it?

The house is silent except when it comes to Baekhyun's room. Chanyeol can hear silent sobs coming from Baekhyun which makes his heart ache. He only wanted to comfort Baekhyun, but in the end he hurt his feelings even more. What is he supposed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter