Creatures Of The Dark

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun wakes up to the sound of familiar voices. He looks up a little tired to see Chanyeol talk to their friends who seem to have just woke up like him. Baekhyun can still see and feel Chanyeol who is still holding Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun smiles when he sees Chanyeol while a warm and comforting feeling spreads out over his body.


 

“Uh? Baekie! You're awake!”


 

Sehun runs over to Baekhyun and hurries to grab his other hand and shakes it fast and exciting. Kris runs over and stops the excited Sehun. Baekhyun is a little tired, but he doesn't mind Sehun being happy to see him. Actually he's glad to see them all.


 

“G-Good m-morning.”


 

Baekhyun's voice cracks a little which shocks him a little. Why is it so weak? Baekhyun smiles silently as the others hurry to gather around Baekhyun, especially D.O who is known as the Umma.


 

“Are my little Baekhyun okay? Do you want Kyungsoo umma to make some food for you?”
“D.O please, let the boy be for a while.”
“I'm going to make some yummy food and let the others take care of you for a while. I will be right back!”


 

D.O rushes out with Suho after him. Suho is trying to stop D.O, but everyone knows that D.O is very hard to stop when he has made up his mind. Kris sighs and runs after to get Suho and D.O at the same time. The others laugh and turn to Baekhyun who are smiling weakly at them.


 

“So Baekie... What happened?”
“Yeah, tell us.”
“All we know is that a man found you unconscious.”
“Baekie, you have to tell us what's wrong or we can't help you.”


 

Baekhyun stares silently at his friends before he looks down at the bed. What should he tell them? If he tells them the truth, will the bullies go after him even more? Is it alright for him to tell them everything? 'I don't want to lie anymore... I... I'm tired of all this... But... I'm scared...' Baekhyun feels the pressure take over him, but he doesn't know what to say or what to do. He's tired of the bullies who refuse to leave him alone. He can't take this for much longer... He doesn't want to lie to his friends ever again... He doesn't want to lie to Chanyeol anymore.


 

“It was the bullies... They... beat me up...”


 

Baekhyun whisper more than he talks, but the others heard him and are staring at him. Baekhyun feels how he closes his eyes while trying to disappear from this world. He doesn't want to lie, but he doesn't want to admit his weakness. He's tired of keeping so many secrets to himself. He's tired of not being able to tell the truth to his friends. He's tired of not being able to be honest with Chanyeol, the one he loves so dearly.


 

“Those bastards... I will crush them and make them pay!”
“Hell yeah!”
“Let me kill them!”
“They crossed all the line this time!”
“Oh I'm so going to tell D.O about this!”


 

Baekhyun looks up at his friends who are furious. What are they going to do? Baekhyun hate violence and he definitely doesn't want his friends to use violence. Not even if they are going to use it to revenge him.


 

“Please don't do anything stupid. Please, I don't care about them. I only want my friends to not be like them... Please, just forget them.”
“Baekhyun, we all love you, but they crossed the line big time. You could had died out there!”
“You can't let the rats get away for what they did, this isn't acceptable!”
“Then why should you beat them up? Don't you think you become just like them? If you beat them up, I will only get more hurt.”
“How can that hurt you? That we beat them up?”
“It hurts in here, I have so much pain already and I won't be able to take much more.”


 

Baekhyun holds his hand over his chest, right over is heart. They all stare at Baekhyun who looks crushed, tired and depressed. Baekhyun's life has been a hell since long time back and it has always been rough. His friends and Chanyeol made him feel important and needed again; they made him feel normal. All he wishes for is that they won't be like the bullies, to never become something like a monster or someone who is hurting others.


 

“Baekie...”
“Okay, we won't beat them up... But we will tell the principal and Mr. Choi about it.”
“Is that okay with you?”
“It's much better than you beating them up.”
“But if they cross the line even one more time, we will take a little special talk with these guys.”
“You sound like an adult.”


 

Baekhyun looks at Kai who smiles a little embarrassed. Kai did sound a little like an adult, well they are more or less adults. The door suddenly gets open and D.O comes back with Suho and Kris. They both are still trying to get D.O stop acting like a mother, even though D.O is just very kind and care about everyone.


 

“I got your food Baekie~ I hope your hungry!”


 

D.O gives the food to Baekhyun who smiles; everything seem normal again. Chanyeol suddenly gets up and gets something from the corner of the room. He picks something up and walks back to Baekhyun with a weak smile on his lips.


 

“Mr. Choi found this, it seems to be yours.”
“My bag... Oh I got some important books in there!”


 

Chanyeol smiles and handles Baekhyun his bag. Baekhyun pleads for letting his books still be in his bag. He quickly searches for them and breathes out when he sees them. They're still in the bag. The others chuckles at the cute Baekhyun and lets the boy eat up his food before they talk with him again.


 

“So how do you feel Baekie?”
“Better. Somehow I feel better than before. Something is different...”
“You aren't as pale as before, if that's what you're thinking about.”
“You seem happier.”
“Maybe you feel relieved?”
“Maybe... Thank you for seeing me, it means a lot.”
“Baekhyun you seem to never learn. We are your friends, we will always be with you.”
“Sorry, I just have to tell you that you mean a lot to me.”


 

Baekhyun smiles a cute and shy smile, he even giggles quietly to himself. The others shakes their heads with a smile on their lips; Baekhyun is just too cute and innocent to ignore. Baekhyun eats up his food and dreams away to his own world. All his worries about the bullies are gone, but something is still nagging him from the inside. Deep inside of him he still feels a strange fear that is coming out from time to time. Will he always be like this?


 

***


 

After a couple of hours of talking, everyone except Baekhyun had to leave. Chanyeol didn't want to leave, he seemed to be scared that Baekhyun would get hurt without him here. But Baekhyun promised Chanyeol that he would be fine and that Chanyeol can come back tomorrow again. Chanyeol refused to leave, so in the end Kris, Xiumin, Tao and Chen had to drag him to of the room. D.O hurried to pat Baekhyun on the head and told him to not worry and only rest while they're gone. After that they all left a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter