True Love

The Light And the Dark One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Your parents are leaving again?! Why? Are you okay? Should I comer over?”
“No, I'm fine. How is Bacon?”
“He's better now, I think you can have him back whenever you want. Maybe I should come over with him right away? You sound a little upset-”
“I'm fine Chanyeol, they're just leaving for the USA again because of work. I-I think they will come back again.”
“When are they leaving?”
“Tonight. They're going to eat dinner with me before they leave.”
“Okay, I will come over with Bacon around 11 pm then. I don't want you to be alone in your house, mostly because there are still people who might go after you. Besides I don't want you to be alone, I miss you enough already and Bacon would like to meet you too. Knowing that you will feel depressed by yourself-”
“I'm not depressed, stop thinking that. I'm just saying that it's sad that they're leaving so soon.”
“I understand Baek, I know the feeling myself. But hey, you still have me and Bacon.”
“And I'm really grateful for that. Thank you Chanyeol for making me smile. But I have to go now, so I will see you later. Say hi to Bacon from me.”
“I will. Say hi to your parents from me as well. Okay? Good. See you later.”


 

Chanyeol puts away his phone and sighs out loud. He seriously doesn't have the power to even go and scold Baekhyun's parents. The others in the house heard him talk to Baekhyun earlier and carefully look into the room with both worried and curious eyes.


 

“What is wrong?”
“Baekhyun's parents are leaving out of the blue. He didn't sound very happy to be honest.”
“Ah, poor little Baekie. Maybe we should go over there right away?”
“No, his parents wanted to have one last dinner with him. Honestly I'm not sure if they're actually feeling sorry for him or not, but Baekhyun wanted to spend their last time with him. So I told him I would come over around 11 pm with Bacon. You guys can come along too if you would like.”
“He need us guys! Let's take care off my little son!”
“D.O, he isn't your son for the hundred time. He's our friend.”
“Shut up Kai, he's my son.”


 

D.O sounds more than determined and looks over at Kai with a death glance. Chanyeol just laugh lightly and looks down at Bacon who is taking a nap on the bed. Puppies do sleep a lot, even more than Kris do. Chanyeol gets up of the bed to find all Bacon's pet toys and gathers some other things for Baekhyun. He has a feeling that Baekhyun is going to be pretty quite and not too happy today.

Chanyeol has gathered everything he's going to take with him to Baekhyun and packed it down into a bag. He puts the bag over his shoulder before he walks over to the bed to wake little Bacon up. Before he gets the chance to wake the puppy, the doorbell echoes through the whole house. The little puppy opens his eyes and looks around sleepily. Chanyeol chuckles as he lifts the puppy into his arms while someone else opens the front door.

Familiar voices begins to echo through the house as Chanyeol peeks his head out of his door. Bacon is resting in his arms while Chanyeol slowly walks over to the front door. He spots five young vampires by the door as he smiles. Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin are here to visit them once more.


 

“Speaking of the devil, look who's coming.”
“Are you talking about me?”
“Actually, yes. We're here to see you.”
“Me?”


 

Chanyeol looks slightly confused: they are here for him? Chanyeol puts down the bag filled with Bacon's toys by the door before he follows the others into the living room. He can't help but to wonder what Onew and the others are doing here, it's not like he has done anything to gain their attention. Chanyeol sits down on the couch with Bacon still sleeping in his arms while Onew and the others looks slightly serious at Chanyeol.


 

“Okay, the truth is we're here to talk about Baekhyun.”
“Wait, what? Why? I thought that there were no problems with me being with him.”
“Well, there isn't really a problem. I just happened to find out something about him. You see vampire hunters doesn't kidnap or go after someone without knowing for sure that they have connections with something unnatural or if the person is something. Right?”
“Yes, I know that. They must have known that Baekhyun had connections with us.”


 

Onew is looking slightly unsure as Chanyeol beings to feel more and more unsure. What is Onew trying to say here? Baekhyun is a human, a normal human who is together with a vampire. He has a jealous puppy who's named Bacon and there is nothing unnormal with that. There is nothing weird with him to begin with! Or almost nothing weird to begin with.


 

“I don't understand what you're trying to say. Baekhyun is just-”
“Calm down a little Chanyeol, let us explain before you start asking questions. Okay?”


 

Chanyeol hesitates for a couple of seconds before he nods. He pets Bacon a little nervously while he tries to not look to tensed. He doesn't know why, but he feels a little unsure about something.


 

“After we left you guys after Baekhyun's kidnapping we went back to the vampire hunters. There weren't much left of them, but we could still use them to find out how they found Baekhyun or you guys. We discovered that the vampire hunters somehow managed to use old ancient magic to hunt down vampires and other magical creatures. It means that they have a wizard or a witch among them.”
“Okay, that makes sense. I get that it's bad and all, but how is Baekhyun involved with all this? Is he some kind of target now because he knows that both vampires and vampire hunters exist?”
“Chanyeol, this is much more complicated and confusing than what you think. It will take time to understand that-”
“I'm so sorry to interrupt you and it's more than rude to come into your conversation like this, but Chanyeol really needs to leave. Baekhyun is alone home by now and we don't want him to think that Chanyeol has abounded him.”


Luhan enters the room out of nowhere and interrupts poor Jonghyun who was talking. Jonghyun looks up with a death glare at Luhan who smiles nervously and hurries to bow. Chanyeol gets up of the couch quickly with the half sleeping Bacon in his arms. It's true that the older ones are important to them, but right now Baekhyun is even more important.


 

“Sorry, but he's right. Can we talk about this later?”
“We can come by tomorrow morning around 10 am. Don't be late, this is actually more serious than what you think. Though it can wait for one night.”
“Thank you, I'm really glad that you understand the situation.”


 

Chanyeol bows quickly without dropping Bacon before he hurries out to the hallway. He had totally forgotten what time it is and that Baekhyun is probably waiting for him to come by. Bacon is still snoring in Chanyeol's arms, he has really become comfortable around Chanyeol nowadays. Chanyeol smiles as he says a goodbye to his friends and the older ones before he leaves the house.

While walking towards Baekhyun's house, Chanyeol thinks about little Bacon who has become a much better puppy. He also wonders what he's dreaming about because he looks really happy in his sleep. But after a while his thoughts goes back to the older ones and he can't stop wondering why they would come and talk with them, with him about the vampire hunters.

Chanyeol feels how his thoughts begins to spin around in his mind. Maybe Baekhyun is some kind of target? Or maybe he got affected by the vampire hunters? Whatever it is, he will have to wait until tomorrow to find out about it. Chanyeol has suddenly arrived to Baekhyun's house a, he didn't realize that he was actually here until Bacon whimpered silently in his arms.

Chanyeol stares at the house, he can't see any lights coming from it. Why is it so dark? Isn't Baekhyun home? Did he fall asleep while waiting for him to come over? Chanyeol knocks on the door and waits for Baekhyun to come and open the door. He hears quite footsteps coming from the inside before the door gets open by a tired smiling Baekhyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter