Bottled Dreams 02

Bottled Dreams

Sehun found out that Jongin and Kyunsoo are back home after reading Jongin’s message that they are just at home, spending Saturday doing their homework. It is Sunday morning when Sehun have decided to invite his best friends to his their new house because the two didn't manage to come for the house blessing party.

"Sleepover, guys. Let's go to university tomorrow together," Sehun suggests and Jongin happily accepts the offer because that means they have free food until tomorrow's breakfast.

Sehun comes from a well-off family and it's like stating the obvious because their new home is located at Apgeujong, the land of the upper class families. Sehun only has this list of limited people whom he knows personally because first, he is not allowed to play with random kids outside their village and second, he plays inside their house with play station, Gameboy and remote control toys with Junmyeon.

Kyungsoo and Jongin on the other hand are just the typical kids from the block that spends their childhood days at the playground with several playmates then gets muddy and dirty. They are the normal middle class kids whose life as a kid was definitely fun.

Jongin's mother died in an accident when he was 6, and after that his father had decided to go to Europe and work there in order for Jongin to have a better future. Kyungsoo's mother took the responsibility as Jongin grows up and that's how Jongin and Kyungsoo became like twins. They eat together, they shower together, and they sleep together. They grew up beside each other and they can't seem to live without the other’s presence anymore.

One time during the first day of classes, Jongin was running late for their homeroom class and he just let Kyungsoo go ahead and to his surprise, someone is sitting beside his best friend as soon as he steps inside the room. Jongin gets jealous, because first of all, that is his best friend and no one can ever claim Kyungsoo as theirs.

"Get up from my seat!" Jongin exclaimed as he kick the other student’s chair and Kyungsoo was in shock with Jongin's sudden behaviour. The other kid is speechless and it was obvious how much he wants to cry. The student bowed to apologize, no word has been said.

"Jongin you can take the chair behind me. Stop being such a jerk!" Kyungsoo defended the other boy and Jongin just shook his head and took the seat at the other end of the room, far from Kyungsoo and his new found friend.

"Sehun are you alright? I'm sorry. Jongin is just really cold sometimes. Please understand," Kyungsoo explained and Sehun nodded.

"He is special, Jongin! He has speech problems and you just scared the out of him! Mr. Park told me I should help Sehun to fight his insecurities and yet it's just day one and you're ruining my plans! Just be thankful you do not have his disability!" Kyungsoo screamed at Jongin once they were out of the campus.

Jongin felt really awful that night. He searched for the class directory given earlier that day and locked himself up in his room. He felt so bad after what he did to Sehun so he dialled the number.

"Oh Sehun?" Jongin answered when he heard the other person on the other line.

"Who is this?" Sehun asked, his words aren't clear enough but at least Jongin knows he heard him right.

"Kim Jongin. I'm really sorry for what happened earlier. I promise to help you and Kyungsoo starting tomorrow. I’m really sorry. I'll be a good friend, Sehun. Please accept my apology," Jongin said. Jongin might be cold and unfriendly, but he is also warm-hearted but not everyone can see that. Jongin is the typical kind of student who gets in school to study, not to make friends.

"That’s okay, Jongin. It’s over and I completely understand you. I'll see you tomorrow and I'll bring food for you and Kyungsoo," Sehun tried his best to say everything as clear as he can and Jongin understood somehow and that’s what really matters.

Their friendship started that way. It was just a simple encounter and now, Sehun is really glad that Mr. Park asked Kyungsoo to help him from their first day in high school. Now that they are in college, they still spend a lot of time together even though they are taking different courses.

Sehun is taking Business Administration because he will obviously be the next CEO of their company. Jongin is taking Musical Arts, and Kyungsoo is taking Veterinary Medicine. They have different interests since they were kids. Jongin excels in Physical Education and Music, Kyungsoo always tops their Science exams and Sehun is considered as best in Mathematics. Maybe they have different fields of where they excel, but once they are together, their minds always think alike.

The three of them are eating lunch together when Sehun's phone starts ringing. Sehun excuses himself and a smirk surfaces his face.

Junmyeon hyung.

Junmyeon is on the other line and he sounds really excited as he invites Sehun over for dinner. 
"Luhan hyung and I will buy food so you can just come over around 8pm? We will be on our unit by that time since we still have practice until 7," Junmyeon states.

"I have my friends here hyung. They will stay with me tonight so I can't leave," Sehun explains. He feels really bad since he wants to spend time with his favourite hyung, but since his best friends are with him, he cannot accept Junmyeon's invitation that night.

"I'll just drop by later and give you a cake. We received a lot today so maybe I'll give you two boxes. Is that enough for you and your friends?" Junmyeon asks and Sehun immediately replies that he wants a red velvet one and a cheesecake and being the kind hyung that he is, he just laughs and said yes to Sehun.

They did not just play basketball on PS3 that day. They even helped each other to do their respective homework and researches. At times like this, Sehun admits how much he values Kyungsoo and Jongin. Both of them accepted Sehun for his disability that they are the only ones who never laughed at him if he cannot pronounce a word properly. Sehun feels bad sometimes, for not telling his friends his relation to Junmyeon and Luhan. He feels awful, but he do have intentions of introducing his friends to his hyung, maybe not just the right time.

Kyungsoo and Jongin have been friends with Sehun for several years now, but Sehun's is not yet ready to open his doors to people. Maybe he opened his windows to some, Jongin and Kyungsoo included, but they cannot get in fully yet. Sehun is scared that he will get fooled again by his friends though Junmyeon assured him once that it will never happen again. Sehun was bullied and abused in school so he do not trust anyone completely even if he's completely normal already. "It's not that easy," that's how Sehun always tell Junmyeon if the older starts talking about friendship, trust and relationships in general.

Kyungsoo is writing notes on his notebook as he continues reading and memorizing a lot of medical terms. He was on the carpet rolling as he loudly repeats the same names of different bones of different animals. Meanwhile, Jongin is busy on his laptop with his earphones on, trying to compose a song with a lot of musical sheets scattered on the table. Sehun on the other hand is on his bed, doing his homework with a calculator on his hand.

After a few minutes, Kyungsoo is already sleeping on the couch and Jongin fell asleep beside Sehun after telling him that he cannot finish the song anymore. They might be the typical kind of boys who always have fun, but the three of them focus on their studies too.

The doorbell rings and Sehun just laughs as he silently steps out of the room. He excitedly goes down and opens the door for Junmyeon and Luhan.

"Hyung! You brought me cake!" Sehun says and gives Junmyeon a hug before asking them to get in.

"So are you guys sleeping already?" Junmyeon asks as they go upstairs where Sehun's room is located.

"My friends are sleeping already. After gaming we did our homework and look, they're both knocked out," Sehun says as he opens the door to expose a sleeping Jongin and a loud snoring Kyungsoo on the couch.

Junmyeon smiles at the view. Not because the boys look amusing, but he is glad that Sehun has good friends who prioritize school. Luhan excused himself and goes to the comfort room and Junmyeon mutely steps in the room to check the picture frames on Sehun's desk. They were really silent, small giggles here and there as they laugh at their baby photos together.

Luhan comes back with a frown. "We are really sorry, Sehun but we need to go," Sehun replies that it's okay, that they can spend more time some other day when they're not busy anymore.

Junmyeon stops at the foot of Kyungsoo and stares at him for a short while. Sehun is internally laughing at how unfortunate Kyungsoo is but smiles at Junmyeon when the older just pouts and pats Kyungsoo's cheek before stepping out the room.

"That small friend of yours look familiar," Junmyeon utters.

"Do you guys know each other?" Sehun sounds like he is judging Junmyeon for knowing Kyungsoo.

"No, I just think I've seen him somewhere," Junmyeon explains.

"You will meet them soon when they are no longer sleeping," Sehun laughs and Junmyeon just waves him good bye before stepping into the car.

-

Luhan and Junmyeon were given a day break from their busy schedule. Instead of watching a movie together, spend dinner out or do shopping, they already had a plan of sorting their fan gifts of which to give away and which to keep.

"Hyung have you seen the ipad?" Junmyeon asks Luhan who is busy choosing between a minimum of 25 shirts in front of him. Luhan points at the table since Luhan placed all the gadgets on it.

There are several clothes, shoes, books, CDs, and even stuffed animals on the boxes. Junmyeon picks up a huge wide-eyed penguin stuffed toy from the box and hugs it tightly.

"I'm keeping this," Junmyeon states and places the penguin on the couch. They are almost done when Luhan suddenly sees a bottle on top of the kitchen counter, that familiar bottle from Kyungsoo which he handed to Junmyeon at the airport a few days ago.

"Keeping this?" Luhan asks with the said bottle in his hand.

"I will," Junmyeon takes it and brings the bottle in his room.

It is already late that night when Junmyeon pays attention to the star bottle just like how he names it. He takes it from the bookshelf where it was previously placed and tries to remove the cork to open it.

The stars have numbers on it specifically from 0 to 20. Junmyeon is wondering why he is actually interested and a bit bothered by the fan gift. He usually do not pay attention to them unless it is a food support, but clothes, plushies, books; they're all the same. But this bottle, it is obviously handmade and he wonders what is inside those stars. He wonders what makes this gift special, what makes this gift eye catching that he is basically spending time thinking what he should do. Then he remembers, it came from a boy and that alone make it something extraordinary.

"Sleeping already?" Luhan enters the room and when Junmyeon shakes his head, Luhan joins him as Junmyeon counts the stars one by one.

"Let me help you count," Luhan offers to help and so they start counting all the stars from the bottle.

"Three hundred forty four," Junmyeon says before counting the bigger stars that has numbers on it as he place them back to the bottle.

"Three hundred sixty five," Junmyeon states and stares at Luhan after putting the last star inside the bottle.

"Wow, that gift is something exceptional. So is the fan who give it to you pretty?" Luhan asks and Junmyeon starts laughing.

"It's from a boy, hyung. That boy who owns Golden Boy, one of my fansites," Junmyeon says and Luhan just giggles madly.

"That's cute then. Anyway, I'm going to bed. Oh and before I forget, the numbered stars are meant to be opened if you haven't noticed. Start with zero perhaps? I'll go to bed. Good night golden boy!" Luhan exclaims and pats the younger's head before heading out the room.

Junmyeon opens the bottle again to search for the zero star. He takes it out and tries unfolding the handmade star.

Junmyeon smiles, he is actually happy with what this fan did for him.

Hello Junmyeon hyung! I'm going to buy lots of your CDs to show support to Fly High. I hope I can get in even just once to get my CD signed by you and Luhan hyung. Anyway, please do not open star #1 unless we've met at the fan signing event. I will tell you it's me, so don't worry! You will know why by then. Fly High fighting! Junmyeon hyung fighting!

Junmyeon is smiling by himself as he folds and keeps the zero star back to the bottle. He takes a glass of milk before getting on the bed and places himself comfortably under the sheets. From that night onwards, he always look forward to meet the fanboy again. From that night, he always wait and keeps an eye to all the fans during fan signing events.

Days passed and Fly High is down to their last 2 events left but the Golden Boy owner is still nowhere in sight.

“Hyung, do you think I will still get a chance to meet him?” Junmyeon whispers as they start their second to the last fansigning event. Luhan smiles and looks at the crowd before replying to Junmyeon.

“Well, there are two fanboys on the line. We’ll see,” Luhan replies and grins at Junmyeon as the younger one smiles after seeing the said fanboys at the middle of the queue.