Bottled Dreams 01

Bottled Dreams

The crowd at the airport is starting to be loud and chaotic. Kyungsoo is in disbelief that he is actually standing behind the metal blocks that is preventing the people to step beyond the boundary line. With a smile, he pulls his SLR camera out from his bag and a lens that is enough to capture his idol's oh so perfect face, well at least for Kyungsoo, that is how he sees the man.

"Hey," someone from behind shoves him a little in order for the other boy to have enough space to stand and prepare his own camera. Kyungsoo glares at him but just shakes his head at his best friend because the other is already twenty minutes late.

"Where the have you been, Jongin?" Kyungsoo asks, eyes focused on his camera, adjusting its settings. "I texted you last night that their flight had been moved to an earlier schedule." Kyungsoo whines, but he’s too busy to even glance up at his best friend's face.

Jongin on the other hand is not replying. He is fixing the medium-sized rainbow deer plushie on top of his lens, its purpose to attract attention, is actually working. Other fans are staring at him, because, if seen from a far, the airport has a sea of fangirls with two shameless fanboys standing at the middle of the crowd, one with a rainbow-haired deer on top of his camera.

"I'm unique. Pretty cool uh?" Jongin says when Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at his best friend, still a bit upset that he is late and still a little embarrassed when he was alone a few minutes earlier.

The crowd suddenly gets bigger and louder when the flight from Beijing is announced to have landed.

"They are back," Kyungsoo mouths happily and places his small board on top of his lens with a very bright GoldenBoy522.com printed on it.

"You are so annoyed with my cute plushie idea and yet here you are with a shining board full of glitter. You're obviously not really gay for Junmyeon. Nope." Jongin states and gets hit on the side when Kyungsoo elbows him.

Once the arrival gate opens, cameras starts clicking, flashes cover the entire place like it's a battlefield. Kyungsoo whines and gets pushed a lot since he is really small compared to Jongin; compared to majority of the boys, and even fans, in general.

Luhan and Junmyeon step out of the door with warm smiles plastered on their faces. Luhan bows, Junmyeon waves his hands happily. They form a duo called Fly High and since Junmyeon is Korean and Luhan is Chinese, they go back and forth from Korea to China and vice versa for their promotions.

Junmyeon slowly approaches the crowd with two bodyguards with him. Junmyeon is actually the type of idol who reaches out to his fans. He wants to have lots of interactions with them, but the fans aren't really allowed to reach back aside from fanmeetings and fansigning events. Junmyeon gladly accepts the gifts from fans; paper bags and huge boxes are handed to him, as well as to Luhan at the other side of the crowd. Junmyeon accidentally drops a small soccer ball toy given to him by a small girl and it rolls all over the floor and stops right in front of a little boy;

GoldenBoy522.com; the little boy's board says. Junmyeon can't help but smile.

Kyungsoo's knees gets weaker by the second, his heart feels like it's about to come out from his ribcage.

Calm down Kyungsoo, calm the down. Stay classy, you are a man. A MAN.

Kyungsoo reaches out for Junmyeon when the idol stops right in front of him. Kyungsoo has this small bottle with small pieces of star shaped papers inside in his hands, asking for Junmyeon to take it. Junmyeon nods and takes the bottle from Kyungsoo's hand with their skin slightly touching. It makes Kyungsoo's legs feel like jelly. A manager then approaches and vehemently drags Junmyeon away from the crowd and guides him and Luhan to their cars at the VIP area.

After the chaos, Kyungsoo and Jongin are seated on the cold airport floor, still feeling weak after the day's battle.

"You lucky !" Jongin shoves him and throws an empty water bottle at Kyungsoo's direction.

"He took my gift, Jongin. He took it from my hand. Jongin, please help me get over this? I think I'm going to die," Kyungsoo says with a weak voice, staring at the bottle that actually landed in between his legs.

"Don't die! Remember when you told me you have to get laid by Junmyeon first before you explore the afterlife?" Jongin says and the deer plushie hits Jongin's face.

"Shush. I don't know when I will get over this. His perfect smile, perfect face, perfect everything. I'm in too much pain Kim Jongin can you just help me get back to reality? You're such a useless best friend sometimes," Kyungsoo pouts and Jongin just stares back at him.

"What's inside the bottle anyway, Kyungsoo?" Jongin curiously asks.

"My unreachable dreams are written on those stars,” Kyungsoo replies with a pout and Jongin throws another question, "What kind of dreams then?"

"Just dreams, Jongin,” Kyungsoo once again pouts and sighs as he starts packing his camera in his bag. He s his bag and stares at his best friend when Jongin asks if he can even make them happen.

"They are called dreams for a reason. Besides, I—" Kyungsoo stops when Jongin interrupts to ask for an example before Kyungsoo can start his lecture about how dreams do come true and a lot more along that line.

"To have a pizza date with Junmyeon hyung." Kyungsoo drops in the middle of the conversation and pulls his bag from the ground and stands up as they were about to go home.

"Now you're getting really delusional. I'm ing scared and worried for you, Kyungsoo." Jongin speaks, trying to convince Kyungsoo that his dreams are full of illusions and maybe some dreams do come true, but some dreams are just meant to stay that way, just dreams.

"If it happens, you owe me a lifetime supply of pizza, Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo sadly, but determinedly states.

"Whatever and keep on dreaming, golden boy master." Jongin replies as they walk in silence towards the exit of the airport.

 

--

 

Kyungsoo steps out of his room with a visible frown, his laptop is wrapped in his arms, along with a camera bag. Kyungsoo gets in Jongin’s room and jumps on his bed, with Jongin on his bedside study table busy editing more photos from the airport earlier that day.

“How do you manage to edit that fast?” Kyungsoo complains and starts choosing which photos to upload for index, and which photos to share. Kyungsoo managed to take at least 200 photos and he only needs to upload a maximum of 8, plus two more for the private section of his fansite.

“How did you know that I uploaded the index? I just posted like 20 seconds ago.” Jongin says as he continues editing Luhan’s photos from the airport.

“Well obviously, my fansite twitter account only follows SnowLu420.com also known as Special Snowflake and dude, do you have no interest in changing your fansite name? That is so ing gay. Even the fangirls have manlier fansite names than yours.” Kyungsoo expresses and Jongin scowls at him then Kyungsoo just closes his laptop screen and jumps off Jongin’s bed and leaves the room quietly before Jongin decides to punch his face.

Kyungsoo is about to sleep when Jongin barges into his room and throws his phone on Kyungsoo’s bed.

“Sehun,” Jongin states and sits at the study table at the corner of Kyungsoo’s room and browses the food magazines on it. Kyungsoo puts the call on loud speaker in order for Jongin to join the conversation in which Sehun is inviting both of them for their house blessing party next Friday.

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo and shakes his head and mouths that Fly High will have a fansigning event that night so they can’t.

“Make a valid excuse,” Jongin whispers and eyes still focused on Kyungsoo who is in deep thoughts, thinking of a good reason why they can’t come over for such a special event.

“I’m going home this Friday and mom asked me to bring Jongin along. It has been a month since we visited home so we really can’t, Sehun. I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo lies and Jongin is waiting for Sehun’s reply and luckily, it works.

“Alright. But don’t tell me I didn’t invited you guys over. I have something special for you both that day,” Sehun says, disappointment obvious from his voice.

“What is it?” Jongin asks but Sehun replies, “You won’t find out if you won’t come over. But anyway, I’ll just treat you lunch on Monday since you can’t go on Friday. Enjoy the weekend vacation at home, Kyungsoo! You too, Jongin. Good night,” Sehun says and that leaves Kyungsoo and Jongin thinking what kind of something special is it. Well they will never know.

“Go to bed, we’re going to buy albums tomorrow since we need to get into that fansigning event on Friday,” Kyungsoo says and Jongin takes his phone from Kyungsoo’s hand and bids him good night.

 

--

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin buys six albums each and tries their luck for the fansign event. According to Kyungsoo’s words, it’s a need that he gets in since he has a special message to Junmyeon that he needs to say. He refuses to tell Jongin whatever the message is, but he keeps on nagging him about how much he needs to say it.

“Shut up, Kyungsoo, you are so loud now. Shut your mouth, can you?” Jongin says, a bit irritated since he’s carrying six albums in his bag. Now they are both broke again and ramen is the only answer for hunger for the entire week, not to mention they are walking their way home back to their shared apartment.

“But Jongin, you have to promise me that if you manage to get in, you have to give your spot to me. Then when I get in the next, I will give it to you. I just need to tell him something. Please?” Kyungsoo whines for another round and Jongin simply drops a no and walks faster leaving the smaller boy behind.

Friday comes and both Kyungsoo and Jongin are on the benches. Neither of them managed to get in for the event. But they are still there to take photos of Fly High, even though Jongin is not really happy that he spent a lot for the albums and yet they didn’t manage to get in.

“This is depressing. We should have just gone to Sehun’s party. There will be good food and we shouldn’t even bought six albums for this. I hate you, Kyungsoo,” Jongin protests but Kyungsoo is busy taking photos of Junmyeon.

The day was a bit tiring, but Kyungsoo promised Jongin that he will treat him to dinner and that he will pay for their bus ticket. While on their way back to the apartnment, Sehun calls Kyungsoo and they missed it since they are both sleeping at the bus on their way home.

“Sehun called but we missed it,” Kyungsoo says as soon as he collapses on the small couch of their apartment. Jongin is trying to give Sehun a return call but Sehun isn’t picking it up.

“Well maybe he is too busy attending to the needs of their guests. Let’s just sleep,” Kyungsoo says and Jongin suggests that maybe they can still go to the party bcause it’s just eight in the evening and they are both hungry since they are skipping dinner because they have no money left.

“No, let’s just sleep. I’m really tired, Jongin,” Kyungsoo says and waves his arm and steps into his room.

 

--

 

Sehun is sitting at the couch in his room watching his phone blink and just snickering as he ignores Jongin’s continuous calls. He puts it in silent mode before putting his phone back to his pocket and still grinning like an idiot.

“Not meant today, my dear friends,” Sehun whispers to himself and someone starts knocking on his door. Before getting off his seat, he glances at the clock, ten o’clock, “it’s probably hyung already,” Sehun says.

Sehun jumps off the couch and hurriedly opens the door to see their maid and he pouts as he asks why, but the message made him smile somehow because he is being asked to go down since there are two people waiting for him downstairs. Sehun runs his way down their new house, and a smug face is very obvious in his face when he saw his special guest.

“Junmyeon hyung!” Sehun exclaims from a far before jumping from the last three steps of the stairs.

“Sehun-ah!” Junmyeon replies and he just lets Sehun wrap him in his arms. It has been a while since they last saw each other and it’s actually better this time for Sehun since he is taller than his favourite hyung.

“You grew so well,” Junmyeon pats Sehun’s head and introduces Luhan to him and Sehun gladly shakes his hand. “We came from the fansigning event so we’re a bit late, sorry for that.” Sehun says it’s okay and guides them at the garden where the food is located. Sehun happily shares stories of him at school, of course Junmyeon asks if his grades are good and Sehun proudly says he’s at the top rank in class.

Junmyeon and Sehun are neighbours since Junmyeon was seven years old and Sehun was four. Sehun considers Junmyeon as his real brother since Junmyeon never fails to make him feel like they are really blood related. Once, Sehun got into a fight and since they were studying in the same school, Junmyeon quickly went over to Sehun’s class to save him from the bullies. Sehun felt he was weak, having speaking difficulties when he was younger and Junmyeon made sure Sehun grew up with people looking after him and treating him like a normal kid around.

“So do you have friends from school?” Junmyeon asks.

“I do. I have two best friends but they went home today so they can’t come over tonight,” Sehun explains and that night, Sehun swears that Kyungsoo and Jongin can be called the unlucky slash stupid duo.