Bottled Dreams 18

Bottled Dreams

Sehun never fails to drop by the apartment of Jongin and Kyungsoo before heading home. After his confrontation with Kyungsoo, Sehun wants to make sure that their friendship will remain the same even though they are going through some arguments and misunderstandings. Sehun is still dependent to his friends and in fact, he grew like a very protective person. Kyungsoo took care of me so that no one can harm me. I'm just returning the favor and doing the same with him, Sehun keeps on telling Jongin every time the latter forces him to just let Kyungsoo stand on his own feet and let him decide for himself.

"Hey Kyung, I bought this strawberry cheescake for you," Sehun barges into Kyungsoo's room with his earphones on and just staring at Sehun who is holding a small box of cake in his hands.

"Uh, knock?" Kyungsoo coldly replies and Sehun just apologizes for what happened and leaves the box of cake on the bed and left to check on Jongin.

"He's still not talking to me," Sehun whines and jumps on Jongin's bed and waits for Jongin to at least pay attention. "Jongin you ! Maybe you should lend me a few minutes of your time and help me? Kyungsoo is still mad at me! It has been a week since we argue at the restaurant!" Sehun exclaims and Jongin just turns his back to glare at Sehun.

"He needs enough space where he can breathe and yet you keep on following him around! Let him breathe even just for a day, dimwit!" Jongin shouts and throws a crumpled paper on Sehun's face.

"Were you able to talk to Luhan hyung? I think I need to talk to someone more mature; someone older that is obviously not Junmyeon hyung," Sehun states.

"They're busy. After 7 weeks you can talk to him," Jongin replies and Sehun just keeps on kicking on the bed because that is like 2 months of waiting and yet he wants to solve his problem with Kyungsoo.

"Jongin help me please? I just want Kyungsoo to understand my point; our point," Sehun pleads and Jongin just drops his pen and joins Sehun on the bed.

"He knows and he understand us completely, Sehun. It's you who needs to understand him this time," Jongin says and Sehun just stares at him as a response. "Look, I know how much you care but too much of it is obviously unhealthy for this friendship. We are in college and yet you still treat Kyungsoo like a little puppy wherein you follow him around and you decide whatever he is supposed to do or say. It's like taking care of a puppy and you're not unlocking his cage in able for him to run, to play, to do things he wants to do and most especially, you're like holding him by the neck and that's the reason why he can't breathe," Jongin seriously states and Sehun just covers his face with a pillow because somehow, it is starting to sink in that he's been doing it wrong.

"If you won't let go, he won't be able to breathe. You do not want this friendship to die don't you?" Jongin asks and Sehun just sighs as an answer. "Think about it. For now, I suggest you stop disturbing him every day. Next weekend, let's go out. I hope everything will be alright by then," Jongin says and pats Sehun's head before going back to his study table.

After a few minutes, Jongin found Sehun sleeping on his bed with Kyungsoo watching him by the door.

"Sehun is such a ," Kyungsoo states.

"He is," Jongin quickly replies and laughs a little.

"I'll go ahead. Take care of that stupid and maybe you can kick his off your bed before you sleep. Good night!" Kyungsoo waves his hand at Jongin before closing the door behind him.

--

Sehun is sitting alone in a cafe as he waits for someone. He already managed to eat a chocolate waffle and consume a large cup of coffee and yet the one he is meeting is still not around. A few minutes later, the bells from the door rings and he knows this person is the one he has been waiting for.

"Sorry I'm late," Junmyeon says as he removes his jacket and mask before finally taking a seat in front of Sehun. "What's up?" Junmyeon asks.

"He's not talking to me for two weeks now," Sehun says and Junmyeon knows it is definitely Kyungsoo they are talking about.

"Sehun I'm sorry to hear that coming from you. I may be aware of the entire situation but I don't know what to do in able to help. He decides for himself so if he's not talking to you yet, then maybe wait a little longer?" Junmyeon says and Sehun suddenly look hopeless.

"I thought if we talk you would at least offer a helping hand. I mean, I know you can do something about this. I know you can, hyung." Sehun says with his eyes very focused on Junmyeon hoping that Junmyeon would at least think of something that they can try in order for Kyungsoo to open his doors to Sehun again.

"The best way is to wait for him to heal. Knowing Kyungsoo, he won't simply let you slip off his hands. You are such an important person in Kyungsoo's life and sooner or later, he will come back to you and tell you that everything is okay; that he's completely okay again," Junmyeon says and Sehun just smiles at him.

"Hyung, please do not hurt Kyungsoo. He's like one of the most important people in my life and I cannot manage to see him break down again. It was scary to see him turn pale and weak, to see him collapse, to see him helpless. I do not want to see that again," Sehun pleads and Junmyeon takes his hand.

"Maybe you're scared that just like any other celebrity, I would leave him behind if I find someone better. Look, Kyungsoo is special and no one can simply take him away from me. He is uncomparible and no one can ever take his place. Sehun please trust me that I will take care of him the best way I can. I may not be able to give him all my time, but I'm sure when we're together my attention is all over him and no one else. I won't hurt him intentionally and you know I'm not that kind of person," Junmyeon explains and Sehun nods in agreement.

"I understand you completely, hyung. Now please be honest and answer me," Sehun pauses and by the way Sehun stares at him, he knows what Sehun is going to ask. "Are you guys together?"

Junmyeon smiles. He doesn't want to admit but how would Sehun trust him if he doesn't know how to do so? Besides, Sehun is a family to him and admitting the truth won't hurt.

"Yes," Junmyeon says and Sehun just bites his lower lip. They were quiet for a few minutes until Junmyeon's phone starts ringing.

"Penguin are you home?" Kyungsoo asks from the other line and Sehun knows that it's him.

"Almost done with my schedule today. I'll give you a call when I get home okay baby?" Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just replies with “Alright! Call me later love!”

"He's happy with you," Sehun starts talking all of a sudden. "I hope you won't stop being the source of his happiness and please hyung, never break his already malfunctioning heart." Sehun pleads and pats Junmyeon's hand before getting up from his chair. "I'll go ahead. Your baby might get worried if you won't return his call after a few minutes. You know how paranoid he gets," Sehun says and Junmyeon gives him a quick hug and before letting Sehun go, Junmyeon whispers "Thank you, Sehun. Thank you so much.”

--

Junmyeon is waiting for Kyungsoo on his car outside the university when he saw Sehun by the gate waiting for his driver to arrive. A few minutes later, Jongin and Kyungsoo approached him and Junmyeon observes how Kyungsoo just smiles and just walks his way to his own car and knocks by the passenger's seat window.


As soon as Kyungsoo gets in, Junmyeon stares at him and from a blank expressionless face, Kyungsoo flashes a warm smile before pulling Junmyeon for a kiss on the cheek.

"Don't talk to me about Sehun. I can read your eyes," Kyungsoo pouts and Junmyeon just laughs at how adorable Kyungsoo is.

"Where do you want to eat?" Junmyeon asks and Kyungsoo suggests to just buy food and they can eat it somewhere where no other people can see them.

"Do you want to drop by my unit today? Luhan hyung is at the company building and I guess it is okay for you to visit? Let's just order food by the phone okay?" Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just said yes since he needs to finish a homework anyway. It would be nice to have Junmyeon help him finish it as they wait for their food.

After eating, Junmyeon insists that he will do the dishes so that Kyunsoo can finish his homework. Kyungsoo is staying on Junmyeon's bed with all the handouts scattered all over the bed with a pile of Zoology, Biology and a medical dictionary that he uses as his pillow.

Junmyeon gets in humming to the tune of their latest single and Kyungsoo just giggles at the different and the I-do-not-understand facial expressions Junmyeon keeps on doing especially when he's humming to his parts.

"Hey penguin I just need to finish this last essay so can you please stop making weird funny noises?" Kyungsoo pouts and Junmyeon just pouts in return but he stops.

"Just join me here at the bed and help me," Kyungsoo requests and that's what Junmyeon is waiting for since the moment he gets in the room. Kyungsoo is occupying the entire bed with his notes and himself rolling on the bed, messing the sheets and Junmyeon just takes the sofa and plays with his ipad before Kyungsoo makes space for Junmyeon and he happily taps the bed where Junmyeon can have a seat.

After approximately 30 minutes of finalizing the entire homework, Junmyeon finds a way to lay down beside the younger and he just watch how Kyungsoo rereads his work and when Kyungsoo finally notices how Junmyeon is staring at him with a grin, he stops and slams the paper down.

"Continue reading," Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just shakes his head because it's really disturbing to see someone staring at you and worse, smirking.

"Stop looking at me," Kyungsoo says and frowns but Junmyeon finds it really cute.

"I can't stop looking. I like staring at you, penguin." Junmyeon insists and Kyungsoo just roll on the other side of the bed and turns his back at Junmyeon as he continue reading his work.

Kyungsoo can feel the bed moving but he chose to ignore and just continue reading the last few parts when Junmyeon wraps an arm around his waist from the back. Junmyeon rests his face on Kyungsoo's nape, stealing kisses here and there.

"Are you serious you're doing this right now, Kim Junmyeon?" Kyungsoo asks with his voice louder than the usual but he's not pushing Junmyeon away.

"Stay with me tonight," Junmyeon requests and Kyungsoo slowly turns to face Junmyeon. "Luhan hyung said he needs to pull an all nighter at the studio. Please?" Junmyeon pleads and Kyungsoo feels bad for doing it but he rejected Junmyeon's request.

"Sorry, hyung. I have a class at 8 tomorrow," Kyungsoo says and a depressed looking Junmyeon just nods and forces a smile.

Kyungsoo is almost done packing his bag and fixing the sheets when he suddenly recieves a message from his classmate that their first class is cancelled because their professor will have an emergency meeting or something like that since he didn't really finish reading the message but instead, he jumps back to Junmyeon's bed.

"I'm staying," Kyungsoo says and taps the space beside him inviting the semi-upset and semi-confused Junmyeon. "Morning class is cancelled," Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon's face obviously lightens up.

Junmyeon happily joins Kyungsoo on the bed as he stares down on the younger one and removes the strands of hair covering Kyungsoo's face. "I really like spending time with you," Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo happily replies with me too hyung and Junmyeon playfully rubs Kyungsoo's cheek with his thumb.

"Hyung, should I talk to Sehun already?" Kyungsoo asks and Junmyeon just smiles since Kyungsoo didn't know that Sehun and Junmyeon met almost a week ago.

"You should," Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo takes his phone from his pocket and sends a message to Sehun.

"Dinner tomorrow? Your treat!" Kyungsoo sends and laughs a little and not even a minute passed, Sehun replies, ". But okay~ I miss you," Sehun's reply makes Kyungsoo sigh and Junmyeon takes the phone from his hand and reads the message. "I miss you too, kid." Kyungsoo sends and throws his phone on the bed side table.

"Do you think he understands the situation now?" Kyungsoo wonders.

"Completely. He understands everything completely, baby," Junmyeon says and a comforting smile surfaces Junmyeon's face.

"Hopefully," Kyungsoo says and closes his eyes. They were silent, and the only noise they can hear are the clock and themselves breathing.

Kyungsoo's mind goes blank when he suddenly feel Junmyeon's hand giving him random touches from his face, sliding down to his neck, down to his chest, until it reaches and stays on his waist. He opens his eyes with Junmyeon staring at him, with their face just a few inches apart.

"If I start kissing you, will you go with the flow or will you push me away?" Junmyeon asks and Kyungsoo just laughs. "Answer me," Junmyeon pleads.

"Maybe," Kyungsoo says with a grin and Junmyeon is just staring at him because he do not really know what Kyungsoo meant by maybe; maybe go with the flow or maybe to push him away? 
"How adorable!" Kyungsoo teases for the last time before pulling Junmyeon's head closer and when their lips met, Junmyeon finds the answer to his own question.