Bottled Dreams 29

Bottled Dreams

Sehun came home from school with a bag of chips in his hand and an unfamiliar face. Kyungsoo takes the bag immediately and stares at the stranger who is standing by the door.

“Aren’t you going to let him in? He is our friend, Kyungsoo.” Sehun states and grabs Chanyeol’s wrist to let him in. Sehun takes the bag from Kyungsoo’s hand and give it to Chanyeol. “Take it to the kitchen and pour all the chips on a huge bowl, please. And juice at the fridge!” Sehun states and Chanyeol quickly goes to the kitchen.

Kyungsoo sits across Sehun at the living room as he raises and crosses his feet on the center table. Sehun looks up to meet Kyungsoo’s eyes and wonders what’s up with the judgmental stare.

“I saw you,” Kyungsoo states. Sehun tilts his head asking his best friend to continue. “I saw you fixing his hair all over his face earlier as soon as you both stepped out of the car. Is he really our friend? Or maybe he is my friend and he is something more than that for you?” Kyungsoo asks and demands for a reply.

“Kyungsoo, can we talk about Chanyeol later? When he’s not around?” Sehun silently states and Kyungsoo just laughs and throws a pillow at Sehun’s direction.

Chanyeol shares the long sofa with Sehun and Kyungsoo is just at the side, not sure if he’s watching the television or if he’s watching a free love story movie in front of him. Sehun drops a joke and Kyungsoo is seriously wondering what is wrong with this Chanyeol person because he just laughs and claps and even kicks every single time Sehun says something even if it’s not funny at all.

“Seriously? What did Sehun feed you? Why are you like this, Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Don’t you just feel very happy when you’re with someone you like? Like how you often feel when you’re with Junmyeon hyung?” Chanyeol states and Sehun immediately punched him on his arm.

“I’m sorry?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Nothing! Oh my God I have to go it’s getting late!” Chanyeol hurriedly gets up from his seat and grabs his bag and Sehun didn’t even bother following him.

“Tell me,” Kyungsoo says and Sehun just stares at him. “What Chanyeol meant,” Kyungsoo insists.

“We told you, right? That we will help you remember everything but we will all do it slowly. But I don’t think I’m the right person to ask. Talk to Junmyeon hyung and ask him everything you want to know,” Sehun says and continues, “And just so you know, you guys set me up with Chanyeol and well, he’s quite okay and I find him very interesting. We are going out,” Sehun says and pats Kyungsoo’s cheek. “Junmyeon hyung will no longer be busy in 2 weeks. By then, go talk.” Sehun states and gives Kyungsoo a reassuring smile.

--

Hey are you busy?

Not really. Just talking to Luhan hyung for our last fanmeeting next week. Why?

Can I go to your fanmeeting?

No. There will be a lot of people.

But Junmyeon hyung I’m bored to death for a month now.

But it doesn’t mean you can get out and be exhausted.

Hyung let me go and see you guys? I’m a fan anyway.

No.

Fine.

Kyungsoo please understand.

I do but I’m upset.

Well don’t be. I have a valid reason.

Good night.

Kyungsoo please?

I’m going to sleep.

I’m coming over.

ReAL LLLYyY?Y???Y?

 

Kyungsoo laughs and rolls on his bed for a successful chat drama. He immediately takes a shower and knocks on Sehun’s room to inform his friend that Junmyeon is coming.

“What did you do this time to make him visit you again?” Sehun asks with eyes focused on his notebook.

“None of your business. But anyway, since this is not my house I’m just informing you that Junmyeon hyung is going to visit me. Please do not disturb me and my visitor. Okay?” Kyungsoo says and Sehun can’t keep himself from laughing at how childish Kyungsoo can be when it comes to Junmyeon.

“I won’t. Now can you stop disturbing me? Get out.” Sehun says and Kyungsoo shuts the door behind him.

 

--

 

Junmyeon feels at home and rolls over Kyungsoo's bed as soon as he steps in his room. Kyungsoo sits beside him and stares down at Junmyeon who looks like it's his first time resting his eyes for the entire day.

"Tired?" Kyungsoo asks as he pokes Junmyeon's arm.

"Very. We haven't been able to get enough sleep for I'm not sure how long already," Junmyeon replies and freezes as he locks his eyes with Kyungsoo who is staring at him.

"Tell me," Kyungsoo states, "What are we really?" Kyungsoo asks in a serious tone. Junmyeon just smiles as he alowly reaches for Kyungsoo's face. Junmyeon admires Kyungsoo's features as Kyungsoo feels weaker by the second in Junmyeon's touch. Kyungsoo closes his eyes, Junmyeon's hand giving him warmth.

"How do you feel?" Junmyeon asks, avoiding to give a decent reply to Kyungsoo's question.

"You are so warm. I feel very much comfortable when I'm with you and I wonder why," Kyungsoo says and as he opens his eyes, Junmyeon is grinning at him.

"Can I stay here tonight? The guest room is available right?" Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just pouts at him.

"You're not staying unless you tell me the kind of relationship we have," Kyungsoo says.

"Can you just ask me something else? Like your pants size or shoe size or your favorite flavor of juice or something?" Junmyeon asks. Kyungsoo just frowns and gets up from the bed. He walks towards the window and watches whatever catches his attention outside. Junmyeon just laughs a little as he approach Kyungsoo and wraps his arms around Kyungsoo from behind.

"Now Kyungsoo, close your eyes and tell me again how you feel,"  Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo remains silent for a while.

"Weak, but I like it. I feel like my knees are failing me and it feels like jelly," Kyungsoo explains and he immediately turns around and faces Junmyeon. "Just tell me, Junmyeon hyung! It feels weird and different every time you touch me but I don't know what to do with these feelings I get!" Kyungsoo exclaims and Junmyeon just cups his face.

"I told you, I love you right? I mean it. But I'm not telling you what we used to be because I want you to feel it again," Junmyeon stops and presses his lips on Kyungsoo's forehead. "I will wait for you," Junmyeon says.

"Can you just stay here with me tonight? No need to use the guest room. Sleep with me?" Kyungsoo demands and Junmyeon asks for a favor in return, "Never ask me again the same question. Come back to me when you think you know the answer to your own question, alright?" Kyungsoo agrees as he takes Junmyeon's hand and guides him on his bed.

 


--
 


Kyungsoo wakes up with a note on his bedside table.

Meeting at 9! Message me once you're up, little penguin!

Kyungsoo laughs and shakes the idea of how much he wants to squish Junmyeon that moment. "He just called me a penguin? Do I look like one?" Kyungsoo wonders as he walks towards the mirror and stares at himself. He is wearing a shirt two sizes bigger for him and laughs at the image on the mirror. "Well I kinda look like one now," Kyungsoo tells himself.

Sehun is just staring at Kyungsoo as he watch his friend eat his bowl of cereal and milk for breakfast. Sehun hands him his medicines and Kyungsoo is just extra giggly that morning.

"You are in a very good mood, Kyungsoo!" Sehun states and Kyungsoo just smiles in response. "It's freaking me out. You are usually grumpy in the morning," Sehun adds.

"Junmyeon hyung texted me and told me I should pack," Kyungsoo says. "He told me that he's taking me somewhere for two nights but I have no idea what his plans are," Kyungsoo says and Sehun just shrugs.

"Just go pack and ask Junmyeon hyung to sign a contract that he will return you to me after three days because your parents will kill me if you come back with a missing leg," Sehun says.

"You're sometimes funny, Sehun. That Chanyeol person is teaching you good things so I'm giving him an A+ for that," Kyungsoo states and leaves Sehun behind skipping his way back to his room.

 


--



Kyungsoo is waiting at the living room when Junmyeon comes out of Sehun's room. Junmyeon looks down at Kyungsoo from the second floor and waves his arm excitedly.

"What the hell?" Kyungsoo says and Sehun just laughs at how moody Kyungsoo can get.

"This best friend of yours gave me a list of to do's and not to do's as if I do not have an idea how to treat you well," Junmyeon says and Sehun just rolls his eyes. "I'm just making sure that Kyungsoo will return as a whole. I'm the one responsible for him for 6 months okay," Sehun explains and hands Junmyeon a bottle.

"What's that? And why is it so colorful and so gay?" Kyungsoo asks, pointing on his bottle of dreams. Sehun went down on his knees laughing and Junmyeon fell on the couch, trying to control his laughter.

"What is so funny?" Kyungsoo asks in a serious tone, he is now on his feet with his arms crossed on his chest.

"You are," Sehun replies and Junmyeon throws a pillow towards Sehun's direction. "You will soon find out what's up with the gay bottle," Sehun says emphasizing on the gay and gets up and waves his arm asking his friends to go.

"We'll be back on Sunday night," Junmyeon says and takes Kyungsoo's backpack with him. "Let's go, little penguin?" Junmyeon asks and with a childish pout, he nods and waves at Sehun.

"I'll message you if Junmyeon hyung starts being a terrible travel buddy okay?" Kyungsoo says and Sehun just laughs, not because of what Kyungsoo said recently, but still because the gay bottle.

 

--

 

Half way through their way to their destination, Kyungsoo suddenly wakes up from his nap. He glances at Junmyeon once, and scans through his surroundings. The unfamiliar place is alarming, not because it looks dangerous or anything, but they are the only car travelling around the area.

“Where are we? And where are we going?” Kyungsoo asks.

“To the sea,” Junmyeon replies and gives Kyungsoo a map. “Just in case you need it,” Junmyeon says and laughs.

“I don’t need this as long as you won’t leave me. You won’t, right?” Kyungsoo asks and throws the map at the back seat.

“How fierce,” Junmyeon teases and Kyungsoo takes the map back and smacks Junmyeon’s face with it. “I know we’re friends but that doesn’t mean you can make fun of me,” Kyungsoo says as he sits back and pouts.

“I’m not even making fun of you? I’m just stating a fact. And you know, consider that as one of your strengths, you little squishy penguin,” Junmyeon says and he receives another smack on his face.

“Shut up or I will kick you out of this car,” Kyungsoo exclaims and Junmyeon just laughs at Kyungsoo’s words. Of course Kyungsoo won’t and he can’t and after realizing what Junmyeon silent laugh means, he just sighs and pokes Junmyeon’s waist and he stops talking throughout the journey.

Upon arrival at the small house Junmyeon rented, Kyungsoo immediately looks for his room. Junmyeon is not done putting down their luggages from the car when Kyungsoo is standing at the foot of the door with his arms crossed and staring at him with a glare.

“What now, Kyungsoo? I’m not even talking to you since you get annoyed earlier and now here you are, glaring at me,” Junmyeon says as he wipes his sweat and closes the trunk of the car. “Tell me, what’s up?” Junmyeon asks.

“This house only has one bedroom,” Kyungsoo states.

“I know,” Junmyeon replies as he continues taking all their bags in the living room. Kyungsoo is not answering and so he slowly looks back at Kyungsoo, who is still staring at him. “Hey, don’t tell me you want us to have separate rooms? We slept together not just once, you know?” Junmyeon says and a flying pillow hits his face.

“One bedroom with one bed? Seriously?” Kyungsoo screams.

“Wow hold up, tiny penguin! You do not like the idea of us sharing a bed? Just in case you forgot, you asked me to sleep with you two days ago,” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo starts screaming and making weird noises. Junmyeon slowly approaches Kyungsoo and asks, “What’s the matter? Tell me.”

Kyungsoo shakes his head and runs his way to the bedroom. Junmyeon just laughs and unpacks their toiletries and some utensils that they will need for their short vacation. After sorting the tools, he knocks and silently checks on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is sitting on the bed, browsing his phone and with a pout, he turns his back to Junmyeon.

“How would I understand what you want if you won’t tell me?” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just says nothing as he continuously ignores Junmyeon’s presence.

“No, tell me!” Junmyeon exclaims as he grabs Kyungsoo’s phone from his hands. “Look at me and tell me,” Junmyeon says.

“That’s my phone so maybe it would be nice if you give it back,” Kyungsoo says sarcastically as he raises his eyebrows at the older boy in front of him.

“No. Let’s talk.” Junmyeon demands. “Tell me what’s running in your head. I want to know how you feel.” Junmyeon insists and Kyungsoo just sighs.

“Fine. I’m having butterflies on my stomach every time you’re near me. I can’t explain how and why I feel this way and trust me, I’m having a hard time trying to remember what I can’t remember. Hyung, tell me, why do I feel this way?” Kyungsoo asks and Junmyeon just grabs him and wraps his arms around Kyungsoo.

“Aren’t you going to ask me first why we’re here?” Junmyeon mumbles and Kyungsoo calmly pushes Junmyeon a little to give space in between them.

“Fine, why are we here?” Kyungsoo asks. Junmyeon stands up and takes the bottle from his bag. Kyungsoo’s eyes are full of questions and confusion, and as Junmyeon goes back to the bed with Kyungsoo, he hands the bottle to Kyungsoo.

“Look for the star that has number 14 on it,” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo opens the bottle and pours the colorful paper stars on the bed. As soon as Kyungsoo sees the 14th star, he opens his palm with the star on it and shows it to Junmyeon. Junmyeon opens it carefully and gives it back to Kyungsoo, “Read it,” Junmyeon says.

“To go somewhere new with Junmyeon hyung,” Kyungsoo reads and stares at the paper for a while. They were both silent, and when Kyungsoo looks up at Junmyeon, the older beams.

“That’s just one star, you have 20 of them. This is the last dream on a star that I haven’t done for you, so here we are, Kyungsoo,” Junmyeon says and before Kyungsoo can even ask or talk, Junmyeon shakes his head as he continues, “You wrote 20 things that you want to happen with me, and this is just one. There are 19 unopened stars, and if I have to do it all over again, I would. I would do everything again for you, if that’s the only way for you to remember how we met, and for you to remember what we are, for you to remember our story, I would love to start all over again,” Junmyeon states and Kyungsoo just stares at him in awe.

“Hyung, I cannot tell you I understand what’s happening, but it hurts right here,” Kyungsoo says and touches his chest. “I do not understand, but I can feel it,” Kyungsoo adds and Junmyeon just smiles.

“I told you, right? I will wait for you. Let’s take this slowly, shall we?” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just nods and takes Junmyeon’s hand in his.

“I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo states. “I’m sorry for being childish. The shared bedroom and shared bed is okay,” Kyungsoo adds.

“I totally understand that you can be such a girl sometimes. Look, you even own a gay bottle. So it’s okay,” Junmyeon teases and Kyungsoo smacks him with a pillow on his face. “Hyung I hope you know that you are such an amazing person but you have to know that you can be such an annoying idiot at the same time,” Kyungsoo exclaims and Junmyeon just grabs Kyungsoo in top him as Junmyeon wraps his arms around Kyungsoo. “Shut up and let’s just cuddle, I’m tired from driving,” Junmyeon says as he plants a kiss on Kyungsoo’s forehead.