Bottled Dreams 04

Bottled Dreams

Kyungsoo is sitting at the bench outside the hall when Jongin saw him after spending approximately 20 minutes of playing hide and seek with his best friend. Kyungsoo is just staring at the fountain, pretending that the water that splashes is somehow interesting.

"Hey Kyung!" Jongin exclaims as he slowly walks towards his best friend. Jongin puts an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder and yet his best friend is not even glancing at him, Kyungsoo is not even moving from his seat.

"The event is starting in 15 minutes so you better get in already," Jongin says, voice shaking as he try not to laugh at how Kyungsoo isn't over yet with what happened at the comfort room.

"Jongin what would I tell him later? , this is so embarrassing I hate myself sometimes and that sometimes includes today," Kyungsoo whines, trying to control his tears.

"Just be yourself. If he asks you why you ran away, just tell him you were shocked because that's the real reason right?" Jongin says and Kyungsoo gets up from his seat as he nods his way to the entrance of the hall, whispering to himself right, yes right, right, that’s right.

Junmyeon is sitting next to Luhan a bit closer than their previous events. While signing for fans, they are whispering to each other and that's not just for fan service, they are actually looking forward meeting a certain someone.

"Hyung, I can see the little boy already," Junmyeon whispers to Luhan once he sees Kyungsoo at the line.

Junmyeon is very excited. Even Luhan observes and tells him to stop grinning like an idiot. Junmyeon may be that kind of idol who always flashes a smile to everyone, but when he's in a good mood, fans would know because he cannot sit still on his seat.

"Just two more," Luhan whispers to Junmyeon when he sees Kyungsoo from the line with just 2 remaining fans ahead of him. Junmyeon smiles and just continues signing and greeting the fans and the moment they've been waiting for is finally here.

Before Kyungsoo can get to Luhan's table, Luhan gets up and pulls his table and chair a bit farther from Junmyeon. "Maybe he needs a private time with you," Luhan whispers before getting back to his seat and Junmyeon ends up smacking the table as he laugh really loud.

"Hey Kyungsoo~" Luhan greets him and Kyungsoo's shocked face is indeed priceless.

"Luhan hyung, how did--" Kyungsoo gets cut when Luhan explains how Jongin told them his name.

"I'm sorry for what happened at the comfort room earlier. I didn't mean to ran away I just—" Kyungsoo stops when he sees Junmyeon standing behind Luhan's chair, arms leaning at the backrest, staring and smiling at him.

"Aren't you guys done? I'm waiting at the next table," Junmyeon speaks, flashing a wide smile at Kyungsoo.

Hold it in Kyungsoo. You can do this. You can right? Yes you can. my life I think I'm going to die.

"Aren't you a little excited?" Luhan replies but with a smirk on his lips. Luhan offers his hand for a handshake and Kyungsoo happily takes it as he bows at him.

"Thank you, Luhan hyung." Kyungsoo says and looks at Junmyeon who is now back on his chair, waiting for him.

"So tell me, Kyungsoo, can I open the first star later when I get home?" Junmyeon says after getting the album from Kyungsoo's hands. Kyungsoo is shaking, he cannot even form words in his head so how can he reply?

"Hey Kyungsoo, don't give me that blank face again," Junmyeon says but still Kyungsoo is just standing right in front of him not saying a single word.

"Look, just nod if it's a yes. Can I open the first star, Kyungsoo?" Junmyeon asks, eyes focused on Kyungsoo waiting for a reply.

"Y-yes. But p-please keep in mind that my name is Do Kyungsoo. You will know why when you open it later," Kyungsoo finally found the courage to answer. Kyungsoo is biting his lower lip, trying not to make weird noises in front of his Junmyeon hyung.

"I see, Do Kyungsoo. It's nice to finally meet you and I promise, we will meet again. Maybe not tomorrow or not the day after that, but I'm sure we will meet again," Junmyeon says before giving back Kyungsoo's album.

"Keep that promise and make sure it will happen in real life, not just in my dreams, Junmyeon hyung," Kyungsoo says as he bows and adds, "by the way, I never really liked my name but now that I heard it coming from you, I think it's not a bad name after all," Kyungsoo says and he walks his way down the stage. Junmyeon is unexpectedly too happy after hearing that from Kyungsoo. He even watch the little boy as he steps down the stage and as soon as he looks at Luhan, a small roll of paper hits his face.

“What was that for?” Junmyeon asks after getting the crumpled paper that lands on his table.

“You like him don’t do?” Luhan mouths and Junmyeon looks defeated as he shakes his head and starts signing for the fan in front of him.

Junmyeon is almost half asleep on the couch when Luhan throws a towel on his face. Luhan just laughs at how annoyed Junmyeon looks but the older just walks into Junmyeon's room and when he steps out, his star bottle is in Luhan's hands. Luhan jumps on the couch and hands Junmyeon the familiar bottle.

"He said you can open the first star right? Go ahead and open it, I'm really curious," Luhan states and Junmyeon just replies with a smile. He actually forgot about it already and yet here comes Luhan to save the day.

Junmyeon excitedly searches for the first star and when he sees it, he puts back all the other stars inside the bottle before opening star one.

Dream 01: For Junmyeon hyung to remember my name.

From hundreds of people you meet and see every day, knowing that hyung would somehow give my name a chance to rent a small space in his mind can make my entire life worth living.

So hyung are you reading this now? What's my name? I won't write it here. If you fail to remember my name, then don't even bother checking the second star.

PS: Open the second star only if you want to see me again. If you think this is creepy, then when we meet again, give the bottle back.

Luhan smiles and stares and Junmyeon who is basically grinning as he folds the star back to its original shape. Junmyeon glances and sees the older one and he slightly punches Luhan's arm for his suspicious looks.

"Looks like you're not just his Golden Boy, you're his Lover Boy as well," Luhan teases and a flying pillow hits his face.

"Hyung, stop making fun. The kid is just really cute and interesting," Junmyeon admits and starts looking for star two.

"So you're checking the second star? What's his name first? You do not cheat like this, Junmyeon," Luhan gets the bottle from Junmyeon's hand as he assumes that Junmyeon doesn’t remember his name. Junmyeon immediately takes the bottle back and raises an eyebrow at Luhan.

"I do not have a poor memory, hyung. His name is Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo," Junmyeon says and proceeds searching for the second star as he watch Luhan goes back to his room with his suspicious teasing smile still plastered on his face.

--

Kyungsoo steps in the apartment with 4 rolls of kimbap and 2 cans of cola. He went out to buy food since they are too lazy to cook from a very tiring day. Jongin gets out of the shower and immediately sits on the table and gets his part from the food Kyungsoo just bought.

"So you're not yet telling me how your meeting with Junmyeon hyung went," Jongin starts the conversation.

"It was okay though I know I was a little embarrassing. I was stunned when he called my name even if I'm not introducing myself yet," Kyungsoo says.

"Well I told him your name before I left the comfort room earlier. Oh by the way, I have perfect shots of you and Junmyeon hyung. I bet you will use it as your desktop wallpaper forever," Jongin states and Kyungsoo starts laughing.

"Hey Jongin, do you think he's really interested with my bottled dreams? He asked me earlier if he can open the first star so does that mean he have seen the zero star?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Look, you didn't even showed me what's up with those stars aside from your description that written there are your unreachable dreams okay, so I have no idea how everything works," Jongin explains in a calm tone so that Kyunsoo won't get offended.

"Well for the first star, my first dream is for him to remember my name," Kyungsoo states and smiles at Jongin but the other bursts out laughing.

"You even put it there? Luhan hyung remembers my name even without the drama. I managed to make him remember without even trying," Jongin jokes around and when he checks on Kyungsoo, he is frowning and pouting at him.

"You are such a horrible useless best friend," Kyungsoo feels upset and states as het gets up from his seat and runs his way to his room and hurriedly locks the door.

"Kyungsoo I'm just kidding open up!" Jongin starts banging the door and Kyungsoo just rolls on his bed trying to ignore Jongin on the other side of the room. Jongin may be the kindest and most understanding person in this world, but his stupidity and insensitivity is beyond the universe.

"I'm sorry, Kyung!" Jongin whines but still, Kyungsoo isn't opening the door. "You only have me as a friend so I know you won't last long treating me like this," Jongin confidently exclaims.

" you! I have Sehun too so back off and go to bed. I have no time arguing with you," Kyungsoo screams as he puts his earphones on and pretends that Jongin doesn't exist.

-

Sehun is at the library researching for his Algebra class when a message from Kyungsoo appears on his screen.

Kyungsoo
Lunch together?

Sehun wonders why this lunch out is so sudden so he asks first where Jongin is but to his surprise, Kyungsoo's reply is somehow weird.

Kyungsoo
Jongin who? Just bring your here at the cafeteria.

Instead of replying to Kyungsoo, he starts packing his things and before getting up from his seat, he sends a message to Jongin.

Sehun
Jongin where are you? Not in good terms with Kyungsoo?

Sehun walks out of the library and puts his other books on his locker before heading down to the cafeteria. Before entering the place, his phone vibrates and a reply from Jongin flashes on his screen.

Jongin
:<

Sehun is now stuck between his friends who are obviously both being childish and stupid enough to have little fights like this. Sehun hurriedly walks his way to the cafeteria to look for Kyungsoo because of course, he needs to know what is happening.

"Hey Kyung, what's up?" Sehun says and sits in front of Kyungsoo.

"Jongin is an ," Kyungsoo says as he greets Sehun as soon as his friend joins him on the table.

"Well I don't have an idea what happened so maybe, tell me?" Sehun suggests and Kyungsoo narrates the argument they had the previous night.

Sehun tries his best not to be biased to any of his friends so he just advised Kyungsoo to talk to Jongin and accept the other's apology.

Kyungsoo is very quiet, he is just poking the remaining carrots from his plate because obviously, he is still upset with Jongin. Kyungsoo is upset at the fact that his best friend is making fun of his most treasured bottled dreams. Kyungsoo is serious with that, and the first few dreams may be senseless, but he is serious with every one of them and as the number of star increases, the dream gets farther, more unreachable and even impossible to achieve.

"Hey Kyungsoo, I think I know what can make you happy," Sehun states and brings out his phone. He sends a simple Hey Jongin. My house tonight to Jongin first before dialling a very familiar number.

Kyungsoo is very focused on his phone, trying to ignore Sehun because he was actually hoping Sehun would be on his side with his argument with Jongin but Sehun is wise enough to weigh the problem and listen to both sides.

"Hey hyung, can you drop by my house tonight? I want you to meet my friends," Sehun says as soon as the person on the other line answers his call.

"Dinner then? I'll see you later, hyung!" Sehun says and drops the call. Kyungsoo is just staring at him and pouts after realizing that Sehun is still not helping him with his problem.

"Kyungsoo, let's go home and do our assignment there. You do not have afternoon classes right?" Sehun asks and Kyungsoo just nods in agreement.

"Let's go! Today will be a special day," Sehun utters and adds, "Go see your frowning face at the mirror because from tonight, you won't see that reflection ever again."