Bottled Dreams 23

Bottled Dreams

Luhan and Jongin are seated at the couch outside the room after Junmyeon asked them to step out for a while. Junmyeon wants to be alone with Kyungsoo and to talk to him after what happened and neither Jongin nor Luhan would decline that simple request. With an empty can of coffee in his hand, Jongin suddenly crumpled the can like it is just a piece of paper.

"Hey," Luhan states. This is a different side of Jongin. This is not the man he used to know. Luhan knows that Jongin is a warm hearted boy who barely gets mad, an understanding and a very selfless type of person. "Tell me what's bothering you," Luhan asks and Jongin glances at him with tears forming at the sides of his eyes.

"I promised his parents that I will look after him," Jongin says and Luhan moves closer to comfort the younger. "His parents took care of me like I'm their own child. They gave me everything that they can give without asking something in return except for one, and that only thing, I even failed to do; to watch over Kyungsoo," Jongin says and Luhan comforts him with a small tap at the back.

"You know you did your part, Jongin. You cannot control Kyungsoo's life," Luhan says and Jongin somehow realizes what Luhan is trying to say. Luhan is right, Jongin did his best, Jongin is always there, and Jongin never fails to be right behind Kyungsoo's back. But Jongin cannot control what is planned for Kyungsoo and his life that is beyond his control anymore. "The best thing you can do right now is to be strong and show Kyungsoo that he can depend on you, especially now that he's weak and feels like he's falling apart." Luhan states and forces Jongin to move closer, in order for the younger one to rest his head on Luhan's shoulder. Jongin feels warm and secured, it is very comfortable having Luhan right there to help him get up every time he falls.

"I'm always here for you guys, especially for you, Jongin. I hope you know that by now," Luhan says and Jongin feels like he can't move at all. It is definitely nice to hear that coming from Luhan, and he tried not to assume but when Luhan takes his hand, he just sighs and comfortably locks their fingers together.

-

Kyungsoo is just staring at Junmyeon who is trying to fill up some hospital forms at the table across his bed. He's not moving or saying anything, but he feels like his heart is being poked by a knife several times. It is painful to be on that bed with all the needles on his veins, but it is more painful seeing Junmyeon's swollen eyes because of what is happening.

"Hyung," Kyungsoo mumbles, and Junmyeon drops his pen and hurriedly moves across the room to get closer to Kyungsoo.

"Do you need anything?" Junmyeon asks while removing the strands of hair on Kyungsoo's forehead. Junmyeon playfully rubs his thumb on Kyungsoo's cheek and a small smile surfaces Kyungsoo's face.

"I just need you and nothing else," Kyungsoo says and taps the free space on his bed, gesturing Junmyeon to have a seat and he did. They were silent after that. Kyungsoo takes Junmyeon's hand and traces it with his fingers, trying to recall how nice those hands were around his waist, how soft Junmyeon's hands are everytime they cuddle on bed, and how nice would that hand be to hold his for the rest of his life.

"Kyungsoo," Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just pouts at him. "Why didn't you tell me? I can accompany you to your doctor. I told you that I will take care of you, right?" Junmyeon asks and Kyungsoo is just silent. Junmyeon didn't insist to get a reply, but Kyungsoo pulls Junmyeon's hand closer, asking the older to wrap him in his arms. Junmyeon moves closer and slowly takes Kyungsoo's weak body to rest in his and when Kyungsoo finally found his home in Junmyeon's arms, he starts crying again.

"I just don't want to be a burden. I don't want you to think of me most of the time. I thought I will be okay because you're there for me, but sadly, love cannot do anything to my malfunctioning heart," Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon pushes him slightly to take a look at Kyungsoo's face. Junmyeon cups his cheeks, forcing Kyungsoo to look at him.

"We will get through this together, Kyungsoo. You are a strong boy and I know you can get through this. Just like what you've said, I'm here for you so you don't have to worry," Junmyeon states and Kyungsoo nods in agreement in between sobs.

"If my heart gets replaced, what will happen? Does my heart have its own mind that can forget feelings? I'm afraid I will lose all the memories we had. I'm afraid to lose you, hyung." Kyungsoo states and Junmyeon forces a smile.

"If that's the case, then I will do my best to make you fall in love with me again," Junmyeon replies and instead of making Kyungsoo feel assured, he cries even more. "I will wait for you to recover. Even if it takes this entire lifetime, I will." Junmyeon says before taking Kyungsoo back in his arms and that very moment, Junmyeon realized that he is madly, and hopelessly in love with Do Kyungsoo.

-

For that entire week, Junmyeon stays at the hospital with Kyungsoo. He goes to and from that place until Kyungsoo finally had the doctor’s order that he can finally go home. The night before Kyungsoo can get out of the hospital, Junmyeon came in an hour later than the usual.

"It's past 2 in the morning why you are still up?" Junmyeon asks and gives Kyungsoo a kiss on the cheek.

"I've been waiting for you," Kyungsoo simply replies and Junmyeon glances at Kyungsoo after changing into his shirt.

"Meeting got extended. Kyung, will you be okay with Jongin if Luhan hyung and I goes to China for 2 weeks? We need to renew our contract and we will be having a photoshoot for our upcoming official photobook," Junmyeon asks before finally getting on the bed beside Kyungsoo's.

"Of course. Jongin can be my personal nurse for two weeks. You do not need to worry about that," Kyungsoo states and taps his bed asking Junmyeon to join him. "Sleep with me here," Kyungsoo requests and Junmyeon just pouts as he shakes his head.

"That is a single hospital bed. You do not want us to get confined for another week for broken limbs, don't you?" Junmyeon jokes and Kyungsoo still insists that he wants to sleep with Junmyeon. "We can sleep together tomorrow night on your bed. That one is more spacious than this squeaky hospital bed," Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo vehemently made a loud sigh as he turns his back to Junmyeon and finally goes back to his sleeping position.

"Fine. Good night, Mr. Kim," Kyungsoo states and not even a minute passed, he can feel his victory since he is being pulled by Junmyeon closer and the older asking him to comfortably rest his back on his chest as Junmyeon wraps his arm around his waist.

"You are such a loser," Kyungsoo teases and Junmyeon just plants gentle kisses on Kyungsoo's nape and back and as Kyungsoo can feel Junmyeon's lips sliding down his spine, he can't help himself but feel weaker as he tightens his hold unto Junmyeon's arm.

"I love you," Junmyeon whispers with his lips pressed on Kyungsoo's neck. Kyungsoo is going to lie if he will say that he feels like a girl having butterflies on his stomach every time Junmyeon gets this affectionate.

"Hyung," Kyungsoo says with his pursed lips. He wants to turn bis back to look at Junmyeon but the older asks him not to move.

"I want to give you a proper reply and to hug you and to kiss you and—" Kyungsoo is not even done with his words yet but Junmyeon cuts him off by saying, "I won't be able to control myself and it will be awkward if we end up doing naughty things on this noisy hospital bed."

-

Jongin suggests that they should just celebrate his and Kyungsoo's birthday at home. A simple dinner with a gallon of ice cream and a box of cake is enough since Luhan and Junmyeon are with them.

"Seriously, we do not really want to have some expensive celebration. Just spending time with you guys is enough to make our birthday extraordinary," Jongin says and Luhan just pats his cheek and agrees.

Kyungsoo says that he will be in charge of the main meal and that the other three can just buy snacks and all the sweets. Junmyeon and Luhan will be going to China 2 days after Jongin's birthday so Kyungsoo makes sure he will be feeding the two their favorite meal.

"Junmyeon hyung you do not need to give me such a special gift like this!" Jongin says as soon as he opens the smoothly wrapped box of shoes.

"Stop pretending you do not like that. You've been saving for 4 months to buy that right?" Kyungsoo states and Jongin just glares at him and Junmyeon just laughs at the younger two.

"Now open mine and Luhan hyung's gift for you so that I can open my set of gifts already, asswipe!" Kyungsoo says and hits Jongin's back.

Luhan gave Jongin a studded leather jacket and has a note on top, "I bet you will look good wearing this. Now ask me out so that we can have a dinner together when we get back from China!" Junmyeon laughs out really loud because he wasn't expecting Luhan to be that greasy.

"Shut up, Junmyeon!" Luhan exclaims and throws a pillow on Junmyeon's face. Junmyeon then hides from Kyungsoo's back and Luhan suddenly felt bad when the pillow landed on Kyungsoo's face.

"Oops sorry?" Luhan states and Junmyeon hurriedly grabs Kyungsoo towards him and pulls him closer so that the younger can rest his back on Junmyeon's chest. "I'm sorry, my fault," Junmyeon says and plants a kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek.

Kyungsoo's gift for Jongin is a simple pair of winter gloves that has his initials on it. Jongin pouts and glances at Kyungsoo since that is the pair Jongin wanted to buy a week ago when they went out together. Jongin didn't have enough money to get one so the day after, he went back with Junmyeon to get it.

Kyungsoo is very excited to unwrap the three boxes beside him. Junmyeon hands him Luhan's gift first, then after admiring the winter coat from Luhan, he immediately grabs the box from his best friend.

"I bet this is something I won't use. You like giving me useless things," Kyungsoo states and Jongin just stares at him and dares, "Come on open it first before you talk nonsense! You will eat what you just told me! Go on unwrap it!"

Kyungsoo stops at the middle of unwrapping as he jumps off his seat to hug Jongin. It is a complete Harry Potter series hard bound book collection and a complete DVD set. Kyungsoo clings on Jongin as he wipes his tears because now he knows why Jongin didn't manage to buy the shoes that he wanted to get.

"I'm sorry Jongin I swear I will treat you well after today," Kyungsoo says before going back to Junmyeon and takes the smallest box of all the gifts that has his name on it.

"Now let's see is this an engagement ring," Luhan teases as Kyungsoo stares at the box in his hands.

"Dun dun dun~" Jongin teases as well and Junmyeon just can't keep himself from laughing.

Kyungsoo opens the box and he stops after seeing a white gold infinity bangle on it. The other three are waiting for a reply or at least a reaction but he's not moving at all.

"Take a closer look at it?" Jongin suggests and Kyungsoo takes the bangle and Junmyeon helps him take it off the box. Kyungsoo stops again after seeing Junmyeon wearing the same bangle and Kyungsoo didn't get to say anything instead, he wraps Junmyeon in his arms and cries.

"Why are you crying? Before crying why don't you wear this for me first?" Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo pushes him a hit as he let Junmyeon put the bangle for him.

"Your name is written on my bangle, and my name is written on yours," Junmyeon whispers and as Kyungsoo nods and takes Junmyeon again in his arms, Luhan and Jongin suddenly feels a bit awkward so they end up going back to the kitchen to get some snack.

"I promise I'll be back. Promise me you will be a good boy when I'm in China," Junmyeon requests.

"Be quick okay? I want to go to the beach with you so that my list can be complete already," Kyungsoo says.

"Just don't forget me," Junmyeon states and Kyungsoo just giggles.

"Hyung what are you talking about if course I will never," Kyungsoo says and locks their fingers together.

"I'm just afraid one day, you will not even know my name," Junmyeon replies and Kyungsoo says, "If one day I forget about your existence, do your best to win me back. Do everything to make me remember, to make me feel what I'm feeling right now. Because I swear to God, loving you and being loved by you is the best feeling in the entire world."