Bottled Dreams 07

Bottled Dreams

Kyungsoo is on Sehun's bed playing with an ipad when Junmyeon randomly jumps on it and sits beside him and watch him play the never dying Angry Birds. Junmyeon is sitting too close that Kyungsoo can feel how they share the same air between them and even though Kyungsoo likes the closeness, he feels uncomfortable. Kyungsoo pauses the game and puts down the ipad on his lap to look at the boy sitting next to him.

"Aren't you too close? You know what personal space means?" Kyungsoo asks and Junmyeon just laughs at him. Maybe Kyungsoo is his fan and he likes him a lot, but it doesn't mean Junmyeon can do whatever he wants.

"I'm just watching you play. Is there something wrong?" Junmyeon asks and Kyungsoo just jumps off the bed and stays at the couch as he continue the game he was playing. A few moments after, he can feel Junmyeon sitting beside him again and he knows the boy is not watching him play this time, instead Junmyeon is watching him.

"Hyung!" Kyungsoo exclaims as he slams the ipad on the couch and stands up. Their remaining friends stop playing their game as well. Junmyeon is in shock, he doesn't have an idea how to react as well.

"Kyungsoo what's the matter?" Sehun questions because Kyungsoo is frowning and just staring down at Junmyeon.

"Junmyeon hyung keeps on following me around! I can't even play seriously because he keeps on disturbing me!" Kyungsoo exclaims as he takes the ipad and walks his way back to the bed.

"I'm not disturbing you. I'm not even saying anything and yet here you are accusing me and screaming at me!" Junmyeon answers and Luhan doesn't have an idea how to handle the situation.

"Uh, guys? Why are you arguing like an old couple?" Jongin asks with his innocent eyes and Junmyeon cannot just get mad because Jongin looks like a lost puppy.

"Shut your mouth, Jongin." Kyungsoo says and shifts his attention to Junmyeon, "You sir, please stay there and don't go near me," Kyungsoo states pointing at Junmyeon and everyone starts wondering what is wrong with Kyungsoo that moment.

"I will just spend the night at the guest room, I guess. I'll go ahead," Junmyeon says and he didn't even bother looking at Kyungsoo again.

Kyungsoo has reasons. He likes Junmyeon and he doesn’t like how everything is happening too soon. He feels like Junmyeon is fulfilling his bottled dreams just because he gave it to him and simply because the bottle asks him to do it, and not because he wants to do it. Kyungsoo thinks that Junmyeon is just playing around and he doesn't like how he feel that way.

"Looks like you made Junmyeon hyung upset," Sehun says trying to make Kyungsoo move his from the bed and talk to Junmyeon.

"You guys do not understand," Kyungsoo replies and just takes his pillow and goes to the couch where he loves sleeping. "Maybe I just need sleep," Kyungsoo says.

"I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you, Kyungsoo!" Luhan says and that's the last thing he heard before he falls asleep.

Morning comes and Jongin is now poking Kyungsoo's cheek. 8:38; the clock shows.

"They left already," Jongin says and Kyungsoo hurriedly gets off the couch and checks the guest room. Luhan and Junmyeon are indeed no longer there.

"Emergency meeting at 9," Sehun says as soon as he can see how upset Kyungsoo looks.

Kyungsoo woke up around 4:30 when everyone is sleeping and walks his way to the guest room. He silently gets in and checks on Junmyeon and he just sat there staring at the older boy.

Kyungsoo likes him a lot and no word can seriously describe how important Junmyeon is in his life. He is not just an idol, he is an inspiration, that is how Kyungsoo always tell his mom every time he gets scolded for buying so many albums. Before, he thought Junmyeon is someone unreachable and he hates how their duo name Fly High matches them very well because Junmyeon is definitely flying high that there is no possible way for Kyungsoo to reach him. But now, Junmyeon is there. He is real; Kyungsoo can see him up close, he can talk to him, he can touch him, he can feel him. Everything is just like a dream, but everything is real.

Kyungsoo just smiled at the view of Junmyeon sleeping and fixed the sheets over him before stepping out of the room as he goes back to sleep.

"I was planning to apologize and yet they left already," Kyungsoo pouts and Sehun just pats his head and says, "Send him a message, he would appreciate it."

-

It was a very tiring and stressful day for Luhan and Junmyeon because the emergency meeting is all about their next single. They are tasked to write and compose their own title track and since then, they are very busy. They are having a dinner together when Junmyeon’s phone starts blinking.

Kyungsoo
I'm sorry.

Junmyeon smiles and Luhan is just grinning like an idiot. Junmyeon wants to know what made Kyungsoo upset, or maybe that is part of the mood swings Sehun told him. Junmyeon is typing a reply when he noticed Luhan smirking at him.

“What?” Junmyeon exclaims and Luhan just shakes his head and continues eating.

Junmyeon
That's okay. Busy studying tonight?

Kyungsoo smiles after reading Junmyeon’s reply. He doesn’t really send him messages even though he wants to flood him random love confessions. They had a short exchange of conversation that night;

Kyungsoo
Yes, exam tomorrow.

 

Junmyeon
Zoology?

 

Kyungsoo
Yes and even statistics wtf

 

Junmyeon
You will do well. Just keep on studying.

 

Kyungsoo
Alright. Thank you hyung!

 

Junmyeon
I’ll drop by the apartment later. I'll send you a message if I'm a few blocks away, okay?

 

Kyungsoo
What? Why?

 

Junmyeon
Just go down and wait for me at the gate if you get my message.

 

Kyungsoo
But tell me why first!

 

Junmyeon
Stop asking. I'll talk to you later.

 

Kyungsoo feels a little giddy and jumps off his bed and barges into Jongin’s room. He rolls all over Jongin’s bed where music sheets are scattered and Jongin just shoves the pillow on Kyungsoo’s face.

“Get off my project you tiny potato!” Jongin screams and Kyungsoo just flashes his stupid smile at Jongin.

“Junmyeon hyung is coming over,” Kyungsoo states and Jongin just stares at him. “Sorry, I didn’t get to ask if Luhan hyung will come over too,” He adds.

“Whatever. Just go back to your room, Kyungsoo. I need to finish this,” Jongin says and puts his headset on again and goes back to his strings and keyboard.

It is already half past 10 and still, Junmyeon is not sending Kyungsoo a message. He wants to text him and ask if he’s still coming over but he is too shy to do it. 11 strikes and Kyungsoo is now half asleep on the couch with the television remote control in his hands, he is already in his large shirt (which he obviously took from Jongin’s closet) and on his pajamas when his phone starts ringing at its maximum volume.

 

Junmyeon
One block away!

 

Kyungsoo smiles and gets off his seat to go downstairs to wait for Junmyeon. He suddenly feel like a little boy again who is very happy waiting for his playmates as he extends his head over the gate to check if Junmyeon’s car is somehow nearby.

Kyungsoo sees a black Audi RS 7 and he just grins at the view. He tries to calm himself, trying not to look really excited even though he is too excited to see Junmyeon again. Kyungsoo is just behing the gate and when the car stops in front of him, he steps out and smiles casually.

Junmyeon slides down the window of the passenger’s seat and waves at Kyungsoo. Luhan is not with him, he is definitely alone.

“Get in for a while,” Junmyeon states and Kyungsoo gladly follows. Junmyeon puts the seatbelt on Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo is now as stiff as a lifeless person, his eyes are wider than the usual.

“Uh hyung, I’m on my pajamas. Where are we going?” Kyungsoo wonders.

“I’ll just drive you around. I need someone to talk to, and a friend,” Junmyeon says as he slowly starts the engine and drives his way off the area.  

Kyungsoo just sits there, admiring the night life of Seoul. He just listens to Junmyeon’s random hums and admires the boy from his reflection from the window.

“Kyungsoo, aren’t you going to talk to me?” Junmyeon asks when the car stopped in front of a convenient store.

“What are we doing here?” Kyungsoo curiously asks and looks around.

“Do me a favor? Buy us two canned chocolate milk from that store,” Junmyeon says and gives Kyungsoo a few bucks.

“But hyung, I’m wearing my pajamas already,” Kyungsoo pouts since it would be really embarrassing if people will see him in his attire.

“If they look at you, that’s because you’re cute and not because you’re wearing your pajamas,” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just pouts even more but steps out of the car to buy Junmyeon what he wants.

Kyungsoo gets in the car and opens the can for Junmyeon before giving it to him. Junmyeon chuckles at the sight of Kyungsoo being too cute and caring and he knows for sure that Kyungsoo is indeed a wonderful sweet person.

“Kyungsoo, I just want to take this opportunity to thank you,” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just tilts his head, wondering what is Junmyeon talking about. “Thank you for taking care of Sehun for me. I once promised him that I will never leave him but I failed, then you came and continued what I promised,” Junmyeon adds.

“You’re welcome? You know, Sehun always praise you and talks about you if we end up just lying on the bed at night, doing nothing because we are too tired to play or study,” Kyungsoo just randomly starts telling stories of how Sehun talks about Junmyeon all the time but he never mention his name and how Sehun would love to spend time with his hyung because he miss Junmyeon so much. “He is really happy talking about you, and I know he is glad to have a hyung like you,” Kyungsoo adds.

“I know this may sound weird but Kyungsoo, can I be your friend too?” Junmyeon asks.

“Of course hyung. Don’t you think it’s kind of weird that you are asking me this? I am your fan, I am the one who is supposed to be saying those things to you,” Kyungsoo says before finishing his drink.

“I mean, I want you to treat me like how you treat Sehun,” Junmyeon demands. Junmyeon and Luhan may be really close, but Junmyeon is looking for the affection he sees from Kyungsoo. He saw how Kyungsoo feeds Sehun, he saw how Kyungsoo takes care of Sehun, he saw how Kyungsoo never fails to attend to everything Sehun needs.

“Sehun is like a little brother to me. He gives me that feeling of a person who needs to be taken care of,” Kyungsoo explains because to be honest, he is getting giddy from what Junmyeon is asking from him.

“Can you treat me the same way?” Junmyeon asks again, and Kyungsoo just looks at him and observes how serious Junmyeon looks.

“Uh, of course! But we need to spend more time together so that I can take care of you,” Kyungsoo states and Junmyeon happily nods in agreement.

“I just checked our schedule for next week and we can come with you guys for Sehun’s birthday. Four days, three nights right?” Junmyeon happily announces and Kyungsoo cannot keep himself from giggling.

“Anyway, hyung it’s getting late. I need to go home already since I have a class at nine,” Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon checks the time, 12:14AM.

“Oops, sorry. I’ll drive you home now,” Junmyeon says and their journey to Kyungsoo’s apartment is calm and quiet once again.

Before getting off the car, Junmyeon heavily sighs but with a smile on his face. Kyungsoo observes and starts laughing at his new friend.

“I’ll go ahead, Junmyeon hyung. Kindly send me a message when you get home so that I can sleep already,” Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon just stares at him. “I just want to make sure you will get home safely before I go to bed. Now I’m going so that you can go home and finally rest,” Kyungsoo says and bows then he steps out of the car. The window is once again open and Kyungsoo is just peeking from it and waves his hand for Junmyeon to leave.

“Kyungsoo yah~ Thank you,” Junmyeon says and flashes a warm smile at Kyungsoo before waving his hand and drives his way home.

After approximately 20 minutes, Kyungsoo receives a message from Junmyeon;

Junmyeon
I'm home, Kyungsoo. Good night!

 

Kyungsoo
Good. I'm going to go sleep now as well. B
y the way, you can open the fourth star now. Good night, hyung!

 

Junmyeon
I will. Sweet dreams, Kyungsoo yah~

 

Junmyeon walks his way to his room as silent as he could and takes the star bottle in his hands again. He takes the cork off easily and searches for the fourth star and once he gets the green, medium sized star with a huge number 4 on it, he starts unfolding it.

 

Star Four;

To make Junmyeon hyung smile;

That smile that is only for me and because of me. I want that smile to be special, and I want it just for me.