Bottled Dreams 28

Bottled Dreams

Kyungsoo’s parents are feeding Kyungsoo when Junmyeon and Luhan visited again the next day. Kyungsoo looks way better than the previous day since he just went out from the shower a few moments ago. As soon as Junmyeon walks straight at the foot of Kyungsoo’s bed, Kyungsoo just stared at him, took a short glimpse at Luhan and he goes back to Junmyeon. It is quite funny to watch, Junmyeon is smiling at him with Kyungsoo just judging him from where he’s currently seated.

“Seriously? Are you going to bother me with that eye smile of yours until I remember you? I told you, do not rush! Stop grinning at me like that you’re freaking me out!” Kyungsoo says and his parents started laughing really loud. Junmyeon hands Kyungsoo a small basket of fruits and Luhan just pats him at the back as they takes the couch seat across the bed.

Their first conversation was really heartbreaking, but instead of letting his heart work for that moment, Junmyeon used his mind over heart and told Kyungsoo that he is a very close friend, a new one to be exact, and it hurts because he is newly operated, well obviously. But instead of crying his heart out in front of Kyungsoo and beg him to be remembered, Junmyeon took the situation lightly and thank all the angels and saints for his good friends who are right there to support him.

“Mom I’m serious, who is he? Why is he smiling at me like that? The other friend is not even doing that to me. The shorter one is creepier!” Kyungsoo whispers and Sooyeon just pats his cheek and asks Kyungsoo to just finish the food on his bedside table.

“But answer me first, who is this Junmyeon person? Why does he look so good though? He doesn’t wear normal clothes like Jongin and Sehun. The mask and the shades? I don’t get it.” Kyungsoo insists on finding the answer to his questions but both his parents just laughs and ignores him.

“Kyungsoo-ya!” Jongin exclaims as soon as he steps into the room with a bag full of albums on it. Luhan and Junmyeon walks across the room, stands at the other side of the bed where Jongin and Sehun are standing. “Any idea who these new friends are?” Sehun says and Kyungsoo just pouts and shakes his head. “This hyung is freaky. He keeps on staring at me and he bites his lips like a dirty old man!” Kyungsoo says and points at Junmyeon and everyone in the room bursts into laughter.

“Check this out!” Sehun pulls out one album and slowly shoves it into Kyungsoo. “Open it!” Sehun says and Kyungsoo does.

“Wow this looks so cool!” Kyungsoo states and browses the said album. Everyone’s attention is on him and he even hums as he goes through the pages of the mini photobook from the album. “So what am I going to do now? These Fly High albums look pretty awesome! Are they good? Am I a fan? Tell me!” Kyungsoo says and checks the other albums as well. No one is answering his questions even though for a span of 15 minutes, he already had a minimum of 20. The room is very silent, except for Kyungsoo who is very excited looking through the albums on his bed.

“Why aren’t you guys answering me though? They look so cool! Can I listen to them? Jongin can I borrow your ipod?” Kyungsoo says and Jongin immediately hands him what he’s asking for. Sehun and Jongin is just sitting on the bed with Kyungsoo and both Luhan and Junmyeon are just watching him from the side. Kyungsoo parents are a bit frustrated already because Kyungsoo is not even taking a glimpse of his new friends at the side.

“This duo sounds great! Are these albums mine? Oh my God are these signed? I went to fansigning events?” Kyungsoo asks and Jongin just took his hands and when Jongin finally got his attention, Sehun pulled off the earphones from his ears and Kyungsoo stops from talking.

“That duo,” Sehun says and Jongin looked at where Junmyeon and Luhan are standing. Kyungsoo frowns and glances at them, then goes back to Jongin and Sehun, then glances again at Junmyeon, then at Luhan, then he glances and took the nearest album and he started freaking out literally.

Kyungsoo took ten minutes to calm down and when he’s finally back to his normal state, Junmyeon asks Sehun and Jongin to give him space and so the younger two stands up and gives Junmyeon time with Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo is still covering his face with his hands and Junmyeon calmly takes both his hands off his face. Kyungsoo’s face is red, he is embarrassed and shy at the same time. He doesn’t have an idea how to start a conversation with Junmyeon again after all his words towards him and Luhan.

“It’s okay,” Junmyeon says and holds Kyungsoo’s hands in his. “I understand Kyungsoo so everything is okay. You do not have to feel bad about it,” Junmyeon says and pats his cheek.

“I’m sorry, hyung. Wait, do I call you hyung?” Kyungsoo asks. Junmyeon would want to reply no you call me baby or my penguin or my prince because we’re lovers but he didn’t. “Yes you do, Kyungsoo.” Junmyeon simply replies.

“How did we become friends though?” Kyungsoo asks. “I’m Sehun’s childhood friend,” Junmyeon states. “But it’s a long story of friendship and I think today is not the best day to narrate how it happened,” Junmyeon adds and hold Kyungsoo’s hands tighter.

“Are you okay with me holding your hand like this?” Junmyeon asks.

“Yeah, it feels different from the way Jongin or Sehun holds my hand. Your hands are so warm and I don’t know why but I just like it.” Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon beams with the statement.

“You wanna know why?” Junmyeon holds Kyungsoo’s hands tighter and Kyungsoo gladly reciprocates the action. “Because this is where your hands belong,” Junmyeon says and plants a kiss at the back of Kyungsoo’s palm. Kyungsoo stops and stares at him, without pulling his hands off from Junmyeon’s hold, he smiles even though several questions are still running in his head.

--

It took Kyungsoo almost two weeks to recover when they finally had the discharge form. Kyungsoo is finally going home and at the van, Junmyeon is sitting right next to him and Kyungsoo observes how his new hyung looks tired as he rests his head on the glass window.

“Hyung?” Kyungsoo says as he pats Junmyeon’s thigh to get his attention.

“Do you need anything?” Junmyeon immediately attends to Kyungsoo’s needs and Kyungsoo feels a bit bad about it. Junmyeon is busy with his schedules and he is aware of that, but he still managed to drop by the hospital to take him home.

“You can rest your head on my shoulder, you know?” Kyungsoo says and tapos his shoulder so that Junmyeon can lean on him. “I will feel bad if you won’t,” Kyungsoo adds and Junmyeon gladly accepts the offer.

“I’m staying with Sehun for a month, I’m expecting you would visit me if you can and help me gain back my memories,” Kyungsoo says. Kyungsoo feels comfortable being extra clingy and touchy with Junmyeon and he doesn’t feel weird about it at all. While Junmyeon is resting his head on his shoulder, he is making circles on Junmyeon’s thighs using his finger. Junmyeon opens his eyes and takes Kyungsoo’s hand and guides him as he make a heart shape on it. Kyungsoo laughs and so Junmyeon did the same. It was cheesy but Kyungsoo just shakes the idea of Junmyeon liking him. Junmyeon is a hyung, and that’s what is set in Kyungsoo’s head.

As soon as Kyungsoo’s room in Sehun’s house is all set, his parents are fixing all the medications at the bed side table. His clothes are neatly placed on the cabinet, his books are all on the shelf. Kyungsoo will be staying over at Sehun’s place for almost two months since he needs to be closely monitored and he needs to have his weekly checkup.

“Why can’t you just stay here with us too, Jongin?” Kyungsoo asks and Jongin just explains that he cannot just simply leave their apartment behind. “And school is closer from our apartment,” Jongin says and even though Kyungsoo know his reason is stupid, he just cut the conversation short by saying okay whatever.

Junmyeon makes it a habit that no matter how tiring his schedule for the day would be, he will still visit Kyungsoo just to say hi and stay even for just an hour. Not until Luhan and Junmyeon becomes very busy with recordings and a comeback preparation. They spend 18 hours at the company and they will just head home to sleep for a few hours then comes back to the building again.

“I cannot really visit you today and tomorrow, and I’m sorry I wasn’t able to drop by last night,” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo is just quiet at the other line. “Kyung? Are you there?” Junmyeon asks and Kyungsoo just hums in response. “Anything wrong? Are you okay?” Junmyeon sounds concerned that maybe something happened because Kyungsoo is unresponsive.

“I’m good. I was just hoping we can spend time together today since you didn’t visit me yesterday. But boo, not my lucky day! Anyway, I know you’re really busy, you superstar! I’ll see you when you’re no longer busy. Set your priorities right, hyung! Anyway I have to go shower now so I’ll talk to you later? Call me when you’re free,” Kyungsoo says and even before Junmyeon can reply, Kyungsoo ends the call.

That same night, Junmyeon checked his phone just to see 21 missed calls from Sehun. After a long and tiring day, Junmyeon can’t keep himself calm as he dials Sehun’s number. “Please tell me nothing bad happened?” Junmyeon states as soon as Sehun picked up his call.

“Nothing bad but I’m seriously pissed right now,” Sehun states and Junmyeon remains silent. “Can you just drop by even for just 10 minutes? For ’s sake, hyung! Kyungsoo’s won’t shut his mouth about you and I just want to punch him right now,” Sehun says and Junmyeon started laughing. It feels nice that even though he’s very exhausted from the day’s activity, that phone call made him smile.

I can hear you on the phone, Oh Sehun! Is that Jongin? Or are you talking to my parents so that they can pick me up already because I’m so annoying? It’s not my fault that Junmyeon hyung can’t make it for three days! Blame him! Sehun put his phone near the door as Kyungsoo bangs it for Sehun to open the door. Junmyeon can’t stop laughing and at the same time, Sehun just shakes his head and opens his door as he shoves his phone on Kyungsoo’s face.

“Go tell him you see some stupid penguins on the TV and it reminded you of him and you have no idea why! Go tell him you watched golf on that sports channel and it reminded you of him and you don't know why! Go tell him everything and stop bothering me, Kyungsoo! I need to study!” Sehun says and as soon as Kyungsoo takes his phone, he shut his door closed.

“Hi hyung!” Kyungsoo says with a beam. “You heard everything right? Anyway, I saw it on Animal Planet that penguins— Hyung? Are you laughing at me?” Kyungsoo asks and Junmyeon stops for a while but with small giggles at the side.

“I’m coming over. Wait for me?” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo didn’t stop bothering Sehun that night until Junmyeon arrives.

Junmyeon brought food and after taking what he can finish, Sehun immediately left and locked himself in his room again. “He really needs to study,” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo nods as he happily eats the chicken on the box.

“Hyung, where did you get this? I love it,” Kyungsoo says.

“This is your favorite chicken. The old lady from the small restaurant where we buy this is actually looking for you,” Junmyeon states. “She wonders why I was alone today so I said that’s becayse you’re busy,” Junmyeon explains and Kyungsoo just smiles and asks him to promise him that Junmyeon will take him there once he can go back to his normal daily activities.

After cleaning the mess they have made on the dining area, Junmyeon says he has to go because of his schedule tomorrow. “If you can’t visit me, can I visit you then?” Kyungsoo insists and Junmyeon just pats his cheek. “Just wait a little longer and everything will be back to normal. For now, you need a complete 2 months rest and after that, I promise I will take you to the places where we used to go. You know, to refresh those memories?” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo quickly wraps him for a hug. Junmyeon didn’t know what to do he just stood there with a blank expression on his face. He has been dying to do that since Kyungsoo woke up from his operation, but he controlled himself to avoid confusion on Kyungsoo’s side.

“Aren’t you going to hug me in return?” Kyungsoo asks and Junmyeon just smiles and kisses him on the cheek.

“Now hug me again,” Junmyeon requests and Kyungsoo gladly follows. Junmyeon wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s tiny waist as he hugs him tightly, with his head resting on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. They were silent.

“Hyung?” Kyungsoo states. “Are you crying?” Kyungsoo asks as he pushes the older boy in front of him to give space in between. Kyungsoo takes Junmyeon’s face in his hands and wipes his tears away with his thumb and just stares at him, waiting for a reply.

“I just missed this,” Junmyeon says.

“We hug that often?” Kyungsoo asks with his eyes filled with curiousity.

“Yes,” Junmyeon replies and smiles at Kyungsoo. “Eventually, and hopefully soon, you will remember everything and I hope, nothing will change from what we used to be,” Junmyeon says.

“I’m so confused but one thing is for sure,” Kyungsoo stops and stares at Junmyeon’s eyes filled with tears.

“I like it when you’re with me, or no, maybe I love it so much that I’m always looking for you,” Kyungsoo says and adds, “If I ask personal questions in the future, please don’t lie to me.”

“I won’t, Kyungsoo.” Junmyeon says and pats his cheek. “Anyway, take this,” Junmyeon hands Kyungsoo the piece of paper the anonymous woman gave to him. “Open it before you sleep. And to be honest, I don’t know what’s inside that paper. Tell me once you opened it?” Junmyeon says as he steps back and waves Kyungsoo a good night before leaving the house.

--

Kyungsoo is watching the TV when he finally feel like sleeping. He closes the bedroom light and opens the bedside lamp as he takes the piece of paper from Junmyeon. Right then, his phone flashes a bright light and on the screen, a message from Junmyeon appears.

Good night, Kyungsoo. I just want you to know that I miss you so much.

Kyungsoo laughs and replies;

Miss me already? You were here watching me eat chicken an hour ago.

Kyungsoo drops his phone and slowly opens the folded paper. It was folded neatly with a small paper clip on it to keep it in shape. Kyungsoo shakes his head after seeing how it’s done because it is a one whole sheet of paper but there’s only a short paragraph written at the center.

 

The person who gave this to you loves you. You are special and lucky to have someone like that, you know? Don’t waste time and treasure every moment with that person because you might not be able to meet this same person in the next lifetime. There is a reason why you met, and maybe, just maybe you are meant for each other.

 

Kyungsoo lies down on his bed and closes his eyes. Every night, he forces himself to remember anything before his operation but he just can’t and he hates it. Notifications from his kkt starts flooding his phone and at the preview, he knows Junmyeon is sending him photos.

“This penguin looks like you, you know” Junmyeon types and several photos of penguins flooded their chatroom.

“The third photo looks like you, though,” Kyungsoo replies and a laughing emoticon serves as a reply.

Hyung; Kyungsoo types and Junmyeon replies him a cat emoticon with a question mark over its head.

 

Do you love me?

 

As soon as he pressed send, Kyungsoo rolls on his bed wondering what pushed him to do it. He cannot delete it and right after checking his screen again, he knows Junmyeon managed to see it already. He goes into the bathroom to wash his face, sits on the toilet bowl and shakes the idea of him asking that. After a few minutes, he walks back into the room and as he holds his phone, his anxiety level increases every second.

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath before sliding his phone open and he just found himself grinning like an idiot after reading Junmyeon’s reply.

 

I do.

 

A few seconds after a new messages comes in.

 

So much. And it's driving me crazy.