Bottled Dreams 17

Bottled Dreams

Kyungsoo is sitting at the bench near the stage where Fly High's first fansigning event for their comeback will take place. He is checking his camera, the lenses, batteries and memory cards since the crowd is starting to get bigger, he won't be able to do that in a while. Kyungsoo is waiting for Jongin to get back from the comfort room and once he sees his best friend approaching, a tall guy with a messy hair happily approached him.

"Hey Kyung, this is Chanyeol." Jongin introduces his new friend and Kyungsoo immediately bows and shakes Chanyeol's hand.

"Hey! Thank you for the pass for the last fansigning event." Kyungsoo states and Chanyeol just smiles and says no problem, Kyungsoo.

"So are you alone?" Jongin asks.

"Yes. Can I join you guys? It would be a lot better to stay with you than standing in a see of girls screaming oppa look here! or oppaaaaaa I’m here!" Chanyeol says with a disgusted face and both Jongin and Kyungsoo completely understands.

Junmyeon and Luhan are sharing the same table unlike their previous fansigning events where they have separate ones. Luhan whispers something to Junmyeon, fans screams. Junmyeon does fanservice and throw hearts at fans, they scream. Luhan smiles and waves at different direction, the screams are just nonstop.

"Hey guys can I ask you something?" Chanyeol says and both Kyungsoo and Jongin looks at his direction.

"My shots of both Luhan and Junmyeon today are pretty much the best since I started following them. They keep on looking on our direction! Have you guys met them somewhere
?" Chanyeol says and shows his photos to Kyungsoo who is standing on a small chair beside him.

"No. Why would we even waste our time following them if we do know them personally?" Jongin replies and Chanyeol just shakes his head because Jongin has a point anyway and Kyungsoo just grins at his best friend as he continue taking photos of Junmyeon subtly looking at his camera every once in a while.

-

Jongin is sitting across Kyungsoo and Chanyeol surprisingly sits beside Kyungsoo after ordering food from the counter. Right after the fansigning event, Kyungsoo invited Chanyeol to have dinner with them and he happily accepted the offer.

"So is he coming?" Jongin asks Kyungsoo whose attention is all over his phone.

"Look," Kyungsoo says as he kicks Jongin's foot under the table and as soon as Jongin turns his back, a familiar face surfaces.

"Sorry I'm late. Got stuck in traffic," Sehun says and comfortably slams his car keys on the table, not minding the presence of someone he have never met before. "I should order first, I'll be back!" Sehun states.

"So how was the fansigning event?" Sehun asks and sits across the unfamiliar face and he immediately raises and eyebrow at the anonymous person eating in front of him.

"That's Chanyeol by the way," Jongin says and Sehun just exchange glances with his best friends because to be honest, Chanyeol is the typical guy who looks like someone who won't waste time with idols.

"How long have you been sitting there?" Sehun asks.

"Since the moment you came in," Chanyeol replies.

"Oops sorry I didn't notice. Maybe you should not curl your hair the next time we meet," Sehun randomly suggests, "that hair looks horrible," Sehun points out and Jongin chokes on his drink and Kyungsoo just laugh out really loud.

"O...kay?" Chanyeol replies and Sehun just smiles back and adds, "I think you look cute though. Just... that curly hair is a no-no," Sehun says and shifts his attention to his friends.

"Hyung texted me that he's picking you up at 9," Sehun states and kicks Kyungsoo's leg under the table. Kyungsoo stares at Sehun asking him to shut his mouth since Chanyeol is right in front of him and the latter doesn't know they know Fly High personally.

"I know," Kyungsoo replies and Sehun jut says oops and happily grabs his chopsticks and eats his ordered meal.

-

Sehun and Kyungsoo took a different table outside the small restaurant where they just ate their dinner. Jongin and Chanyeol are left inside since Kyungsoo is trying to keep their friendship with Fly High from Chanyeol. Sehun suggests that they should just wait outside ad he hs something to tell Kyungsoo before he leaves. Kyungsoo's chest suddenly tightens when Sehun's stare means something and he's afraid to admit that he and Junmyeon are actually seeing each other. It is a secret; he promised Junmyeon that no one would know.

"So how are you and Junmyeon hyung?" Sehun asks as soon as Kyungsoo sits across him.

"Good. He never fails to make me smile every day," Kyungsoo replies and a suspicious nod sets as a reply from Sehun.

"I need to talk to him," Sehun says and looks at Kyungsoo, "Just the two of us. Maybe you can tell him to send me a message when his schedule is not so tight," Sehun adds.

"Sure," Kyungsoo replies but he wants to ask what about, why do they need to meet? "Sehun, did Jongin tell you about—", Kyungsoo stops when Sehun answers him at once, "He did, about your argument about Junmyeon hyung?" Sehun interrupts and Kyungsoo just pouts.

"Kyung, you cannot blame us for being overprotective and you cannot simply ask us to stop. We've been watching you not just because we want to, but because we need to and it's our responsibilty as your friends," Sehun explains even before Kyungsoo can start whining.

"I understand that. I always uderstand your point but do you guys at least try to understand and accept mine? At least try to take note of what I feel or maybe try putting yourself in my shoes," Kyungsoo replies.

"We're not asking you to stop, we're just asking you to think wisely and don't act on impulse. I know Junmyeon hyung is a good person, but everyone in this world can hurt you," Sehun states.

"Even you guys," Kyungsoo says. He is actually referring to Sehun and Jongin and Sehun just bows his head, feeling hopeless because of the situation. "I'm hurting every time you ask me to think about my decisions when it comes to Junmyeon hyung. It's like telling me to just drop it since I'm obviously wrong," Kyungsoo explains and Sehun slowly takes Kyungsoo's hand in his and forces a smile.

"We just care and I'm sorry if you feel that way, Kyung. But no matter how much you ask us to care less, we won't since we can't." Sehun says and Kyungsoo just sighs in defeat and thankfully, Junmyeon's car stops right in front of them.

"I'm going," Kyungsoo says and slowly pulls his hand off Sehun's. "I love him, and neither of you can stop me from falling every single day," Kyungsoo says and turns his back from Sehun and he didn't even bother looking back once more to his best friend.

As soon as Kyungsoo gets in the car, Junmyeon helps him to put his seatbelt on and Junmyeon immediately noticed the cold atmosphere given by Kyungsoo.

"Something bothering you?" Junmyeon asks.

"Take me somewhere without people. Just for tonight, I want to be free. I need to breathe," Kyungsoo requests and Junmyeon takes Kyungsoo's hand in his to get the younger's attention and when Kyungsoo glances at him, Junmyeon knows Kyungsoo is breaking.

--

Junmyeon took Kyungsoo to the small park near their house. Junmyeon sends Luhan a message that he won't be coming to the unit to their unit that night since he's going home. Kyungsoo is just walking around the park, admiring how peaceful the place looks like. Junmyeon takes a seat from a far and watches Kyungsoo roam around the place, playing alone at the slide, and sitting at the swing as he kicks off the ground but Junmyeon noticed how Kyungsoo never smiles.

"Need someone to push?" Junmyeon slowly approaches Kyungsoo by the swing but Kyungsoo shakes his head.

"Take the other swing. I need someone to talk to," Kyungsoo says and junmyeon gladly follows his request.

Kyungsoo was silent after that and Junmyeon is just waitig for him to break the ice.

"I never thought I would feel alone like this," Kyungsoo starts talking, "I never thought that I would have this battle within myself that I have no idea which part of me should win," Kyungsoo sounds like he is about to cry, but Junmyeon just let him talk and his presence alone is telling the younger to continue and that he is willing to listen.

"Hyung, am I worth fighting for? If there comes a time that the world will be against us, will you still choose me over everything and everyone?" Kyungsoo drops a very difficult question that left Junmyeon unable to reply.

"Hyung, am I just an ordinary person to you? Am I just like an ordinary fan that is part of a huge crowd that screams your name?" Kyungsoo keeps on throwig questions and finally, Junmyeon gets up from his swing and kneels in front of Kyungsoo and rests his arms on his lap.

"I will fight for you against everyone who will try to take you away from me. I will do my best to keep you by my side because I'm starting to think that I can no longer live without you," Junmyeon replies.

"But what if your best is not enough to push them away?" Kyungsoo asks that made Junmyeon think once again.

"Then I will take you far away. I will take you with me to a place where no one knows either of us and we will start to live a normal life together," Junmyeon's voice sounds unsteady and Kyungsoo knows the man in front of him is about to cry.

"What if I do not have enough time left? What if the number of years you want to spend your life with me is a living lie because I do not have a lot of years to live?" Kyungsoo questions and Junmyeon eagerly shakes his head.

"No, Kyung. Stop talking like that," Junmyeon pleads and Kyungsoo just leans closer and grabs Junmyeon by the neck for a hug.

"I do not know when will my heart stop pumping blood for me, but I promise that as long as this stupid weak heart keeps on beating, it will only and always beat for you," Kyungsoo asks.

"Kyungsoo, stop crying. You know that's not good for you," Junmyeon says as he calmly pushes Kyungsoo away and wipes the tears running down Kyungsoo's cheeks. "Let me take you home. Don't worry, parents are not home." Junmyeon says.

"I had an argument with Jongin because of our relationship and earlier I had an argument with Sehun because of the same thing. Hyung, is it wrong to fall in love?" Kyungsoo asks and Junmyeon can feel how disappointed Kyungsoo is.

"It is never wrong to love, Kyung. They have reasons and we both know what their reasons are. I totally understand them, and I know you do. They're still going through the process of acceptance and once they passed that phase, every thing will be alright," Junmyeon assures Kyungsoo and pats the younger's cheek for comfort.

"Sehun said he wants to talk to you by the way. I think you guys should," Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon nods as he gets up from the ground and pulls Kyungsoo from the swing. As soon as he gets up, Kyungsoo automatically falls on Junmyeon's hold and grabs the older for a hug.

“I don’t think Sehun is against us, Kyung. Please don’t feel that way,” Junmyeon states as he comfortably hugs Kyungsoo tighter.

“Then why do I feel like they are asking me to stop seeing you?” Kyungsoo asks.

“I will meet Sehun as soon as I can and I will find answers to your questions. But for now, please forget everything that just happened and spend this night with me with a smile,” Junmyeon pleads and Kyungsoo just sighs.

"I love you so much," Kyungsoo whispers and Junmyeon gladly replies with I love you too baby and please stop crying. You know I'm breaking every time I see you cry.